rushmc

Another good court ruling

kallend

***Wendy
Do you know that Hobby Lobby objected to only 4 out of 20 drugs listed?

The ONLY drugs they object to and do not want to pay for are those drugs that deal with a fertilized egg?

Do You???

Plan B is NOT abortifacient. Apparently science also eludes conservatives on the Supreme Court.

Wait a second here, are they not doctorates like you? Do they not have higher education similar to you?

Don't you, over, and over again say that you like to abide by their ruling?

You tout their rulings in earnest when you agree with them . . . NOW they are a bunch of conservatives . . . well, at least over half.

Hypocrisy score 100
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

Plan B is NOT abortifacient. Apparently science also eludes conservatives on the Supreme Court.

Congress and the supreme court are both full of people with law degrees and no history of an actual job in the real world.
cavete terrae.

kallend

***Wendy

The ONLY drugs they object to and do not want to pay for are those drugs that deal with a fertilized egg?

Do You???

they objected to only 4 of 20
that is a fact
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Wendy

Do You???

they objected to only 4 of 20
that is a fact

As we all know well, science eludes you too.

I like Alito's suggestion:

When a corporation-person has an unfounded and incorrect belief that gets them off the hook for paying for an employee benefit, then TAXPAYERS can pick up the tab.

Let middle class taxpayers bail out the billionaires.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

rushmc

4 of 20

The court decision isn't limited to 4.

Nor is it limited to scientifically established facts. Apparently believing a myth is sufficient grounds for discriminating against female employees.

Some 50+ years ago there was concern about electing a Catholic president. That turned out to be unfounded. What should have been a concern was putting a Catholic majority on the Supreme Court.

Hobby Lobby will still supply 16 out of 20

You keep pushing the lie

Fully expected from you I guess
Abraham Lincoln

Actually what Alito wrote is what he hopes, and not part of the ruling. I've heard a decent amount of analysis this morning (driving a lot today) to that end.

On the other hand, the 1993 ruling has been in place since quite awhile, and no tax exempt groups have tried to avoid paying for blood (JW), psychiatric drugs (scientologists), etc.

And on the third hand, yes, Kallend is right that HL's whole premise of those being abortifacients is wrong. In Europe they're not labeled that way. Medical science doesn't consider pregnancy to start until the egg implants. Even Alito acknowledged that HL's basis for objecting to those methods is faulty.

But I'm guessing that's not particularly important, as long as you can say Obama lost :|

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hobby Lobby will still supply 16 out of 20

Hobby Lobby won't provide any contraceptive, nor were they ever asked to.

Hobby Lobby does not provide health care to their employees. They pay a portion of the premiums to a third party insurance company, who in turn reimburses Hobby Lobby employees a portion of the cost of 16 out of the 20 FDA approved contraceptives.

What I don't understand is how it is against Hobby Lobby's religion to provide a portion of premiums to a third party insurer who will in turn reimburse Hobby Lobby employees a portion of the cost of the other 4 approved contraceptives.

Hobby Lobby is so far removed from the actual act of contraception that I fail to see how their religious beliefs have anything to do with it.

And to the argument that the decision was limited, I expect to see more and more "closely held" companies discovering strong religious beliefs in the coming years.

- Dan G

wmw999

Actually what Alito wrote is what he hopes, and not part of the ruling. I've heard a decent amount of analysis this morning (driving a lot today) to that end.

On the other hand, the 1993 ruling has been in place since quite awhile, and no tax exempt groups have tried to avoid paying for blood (JW), psychiatric drugs (scientologists), etc.

And on the third hand, yes, Kallend is right that HL's whole premise of those being abortifacients is wrong. In Europe they're not labeled that way. Medical science doesn't consider pregnancy to start until the egg implants. Even Alito acknowledged that HL's basis for objecting to those methods is faulty.

But I'm guessing that's not particularly important, as long as you can say Obama lost :|

Wendy P.

No
this has nothing to do with Obama for me
Actually this case was decided on a law Bill Clinton signed and not the ACA so it really does not have anthing to do with Obama. And given this, Obama can still force insurance companies to provide everything Hobby Lobby will not. But the insurance companines can not bill Hobby Lobby for them

I know that is not the case for his supporters
For me it is about the Constitution and the extent to which government is inserting itself into our lives
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

For me it is about the Constitution and the extent to which government is inserting itself into our lives

So you object to laws telling women what they can and can't do with their own bodies, and laws telling people what gender their spouse has to be, and laws telling people what they can and cannot smoke or snort...

So you object to laws telling women what they can and can't do with their own bodies, and laws telling people what gender their spouse has to be, and laws telling people what they can and cannot smoke or snort...

That's different.

- Dan G

kallend

Wow
this is a stretch
But expected from you
Abraham Lincoln

Wow
this is a stretch
But expected from you

Care to reply substantively? Why do you think granting the Hobby Lobby company religious freedom rights is a good Constitutional step, but you're fine with restricting people from marrying someone they love or smoking weed?

- Dan G

DanG

Wow
this is a stretch
But expected from you

Care to reply substantively? Why do you think granting the Hobby Lobby company religious freedom rights is a good Constitutional step, but you're fine with restricting people from marrying someone they love or smoking weed?

Your kidding right?

If that is substantive question I am a fairy god mother

(hint:I did not say ANY involvement)
Abraham Lincoln

Your kidding right?

I'm not kidding. Where do you draw the line on which rights the government should protect, and which it should restrict? Why is "equal treatment" of Hobby Lobby a noble goal, but "equal treatment" of gays and lesbians isn't?

- Dan G

DanG

Your kidding right?

I'm not kidding. Where do you draw the line on which rights the government should protect, and which it should restrict? Why is "equal treatment" of Hobby Lobby a noble goal, but "equal treatment" of gays and lesbians isn't?

they are not the same thing but, one common factor causes the problem from the beginning
Government

Someone here posted that the gov should not be in the marrage business
I agree
For tax and legal reasons the gov could and should recognise committed partners
But marriage comes from the church
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

they are not the same thing but,

Yeah, we get that you think that. The question is why aren't they?

You dont know Mr Obvious do you,,,,,,,
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

they are not the same thing but,

Yeah, we get that you think that. The question is why aren't they?

You dont know Mr Obvious do you,,,,,,,

Yeah, he's a facebook friend. He just sent me a message saying that you clearly have no argument, because if you did you'd just say what it was.

So there you go. Mr. Obvious, 1 : You, 0
Do you want to have an ideagasm?