Boogers

Political correctness gone mad: Morons request removal of gun images on "No Guns" signs

Boogers

Headline: "School officials deeply troubled over guns appearing ON SIGNS BANNING GUNS"

Link: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/05/school-officials-deeply-troubled-over-guns-appearing-on-signs-banning-guns/#!

Have to pick between that and discriminating against illiterate gun owners, I suppose. Either way, a pack of retards is going to be offended.
cavete terrae.

Boogers

Headline: "School officials deeply troubled over guns appearing ON SIGNS BANNING GUNS"

Link: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/05/school-officials-deeply-troubled-over-guns-appearing-on-signs-banning-guns/#!

Here is a question set for your next poll.

Abortion Clinics should have pictures of bloody fetuses.
Abortion Clinics should NOT have pictures of bloody fetuses.

:D

Not much room for anyone with a different opinion at all.

You are assuming we all want Anti Gun Ads, and care what they have on them.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

regulator

It's really not all that difficult. But then we are talking about people from Illinois here.

Why isn't that in French as well?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's actually the most accurate sign you could put up.

Not only does it make clear no firearms are allowed there, it also indicates that drawings of firearms are not welcome, makes clear that pantomime of a gun with your hand will get you suspended, and lays plain that which is not an acceptable shape into which you may chew a pop tart.

regulator

It's really not all that difficult. But then we are talking about people from Illinois here.

That sign leaves open the possibility of open carry...

It gets so confusing when you throw out common sense and try to make rules at the same time.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

champu

It's actually the most accurate sign you could put up.

Not only does it make clear no firearms are allowed there, it also indicates that drawings of firearms are not welcome, makes clear that pantomime of a gun with your hand will get you suspended, and lays plain that which is not an acceptable shape into which you may chew a pop tart.

You need a good reason to draw a gun:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

turtlespeed

Not much room for anyone with a different opinion at all.
You are assuming we all want Anti Gun Ads, and care what they have on them.:ph34r:

No such assumption on my part. This is simply for the narrow situation where there IS a no-guns sign. Given that, the question is what form the notice should take.

And of course, I'm having a little fun duplicating the thread title from the other one very much like it, because the circumstances are similar.

regulator

Attachments: 3006Sign.jpg (25.0 KB)

What about people that can't read, or foreigners that don't read english? A picture of a gun with a slash through it might be kinda handy. Would it be a valid defense in court that they couldn't read the sign? Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Yet we print election ballots in a dozen different languages to accomodate people who aren't versed in english...

Boogers

***It's really not all that difficult. But then we are talking about people from Illinois here.
Attachments: 3006Sign.jpg (25.0 KB)

What about people that can't read, or foreigners that don't read english? A picture of a gun with a slash through it might be kinda handy. Would it be a valid defense in court that they couldn't read the sign? Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Yet we print election ballots in a dozen different languages to accomodate people who aren't versed in english...

Since this particular incident relates to a predominantly middle class suburb, I don't think your concerns are very relevant. (And don't interpret this to mean that I support eliminating the picture from the sign).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Some people just have to have something to complain about. Here in Texas, I've seen both types of signs... signs with printed words and those with a picture of a semi-automatic pistol with a red circle around it and a red slash through it. In the case of a school displaying the latter, it seems appropriate, keeping in mind the number of incidences where kids take a gun to school. Also, that red circle with a red slash across it is quite universal and easily understood.

Chuck

kallend

***What about people that can't read, or foreigners that don't read english? A picture of a gun with a slash through it might be kinda handy. Would it be a valid defense in court that they couldn't read the sign? Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Yet we print election ballots in a dozen different languages to accomodate people who aren't versed in english...

Since this particular incident relates to a predominantly middle class suburb, I don't think your concerns are very relevant. (And don't interpret this to mean that I support eliminating the picture from the sign).

I think the signs should be uniform, state wide, and not vary suburb by suburb. People who legally carry guns should have one common thing to look for to keep themsevles out of trouble and within the law. If every suburb has their own way of displaying "no guns" areas, then it would be impossible for people to catch them all, and that would result in innocent people falling afoul of the law, when they didn't intend to do any harm. Imagine if every neighborhood had their own style of "Stop" signs at street intersections. I like the simple gun icon with red slash. Everyone can understand it.