turtlespeed

Another Republican Governor - Another Scandal - Ugh

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/21/former-virginia-gov-robert-mcdonnell-faces-charges-over-gifts/

I hope the charges are trumped up -

Sounds like they could be.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>They all say the same thing... when they get caught. C'mon...

This is a new twist though:

"It has been a long time since the Roman Emperor Caligula imprisoned people for violating laws written in tiny lettering on a pillar too high to see . . ."

And no one wants to be like Caligula.

Come to think of it, you know who _else_ imprisoned people unfairly about 50 years ago?

billvon

"It has been a long time since the Roman Emperor Caligula imprisoned people for violating laws written in tiny lettering on a pillar too high to see . . ."

Come to think of it, you know who _else_ imprisoned people unfairly about 50 years ago?

Ya' got me.

Chuck

billvon

Ming the Merciless?

From my foxhole, I can't tell a difference between the parties. They all seem about equally likely to accept money or sex where they shouldn't. Has anyone ever seen a study on this? I am willing to bet greed and lust have no political preference.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

billvon

Uh, President Harry Truman, Iva Toguri, known as Tokyo Rose, was wrongfully sentenced to ten years in prison on September 29, 1949. She served six years and was eventually pardoned in 1977.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

winsor

***>They all say the same thing... when they get caught. C'mon...

Ming the Merciless?

"I come before you this evening as someone who has been falsely and wrongfully accused and whose public service has been wrongfully attacked," Ming said in a televised statement.

Ming admitted to poor judgment in an earlier written statement.

"I deeply regret accepting legal gifts and loans from Mr. Gordon, all of which have been repaid with interest, and I have apologized for my poor judgment for which I take full responsibility," he said.

"However, I repeat emphatically that I did nothing illegal for Mr. F. Gordon in exchange for what I believed was his personal generosity and friendship," he added.

Within hours of the indictment, Ming's legal team launched a forceful attack on the government's case.

Merciless's lawyers argued his innocence and said the charges were built on a "rickety legal foundation."

"To bring today's indictment, the Mongo government has concocted a never-before-used legal theory manufactured for the sole purpose of prosecuting the Merciless family" Ming's lawyers wrote.

"This new theory contravenes settled judicial precedent and disregards longstanding Mongo law and practice, seeking to punish the Mercilesses for conduct that was legal before today," the lawyers said.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

davjohns

From my foxhole, I can't tell a difference between the parties. They all seem about equally likely to accept money or sex where they shouldn't. Has anyone ever seen a study on this? I am willing to bet greed and lust have no political preference.

I live about 15 miles north of the state of Illinois.....there has been a steady stream of corrupt politicians going on there for some time. I believe at one point three former Governors were on probation/parole or in prison all at the same time. There, just because of the political makeup, it's been steadily Dems. But it's definitely both sides of the aisle.