RonD1120

A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

Bertt

You cannot be tolerant and intolerant at the same time.

According to quantum theory, you can be tolerant and intolerant at the same time. In fact, if I know where I am, I can't be sure how intolerant I'll be. And people say there's no practical use for theoretical physics.
Carry on.

If I ask you this yesterday, your answer may be different.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

RonD1120

***The First amendment is not applicable her since A&E is a private enterprise and not government.

For all the verbal salvos hurled by both sides, at the end of the day, it will come down to numbers and of course what the Robertsons decide to do.

Right now, A&E is getting shelled by the fans of the show. A&E needs the Robertsons more than the Robertsons need A&E.

Who blinks first? Stay tuned.

The Robertson Family Offical Statement
http://duckcommander.com/news/robertson-family-offical-statement

We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word.

So, Phil Robertson must also believe other "words" of this god fella:
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you. (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe[a] your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. (Mark 7:9)

The bible is an awful book that commands that a person rape, murder, abuse children, put others into slavery all in the name of some imaginary magical friend. Your imaginary friend is a lunatic in need of Thorazine.

Mark Twain said it best;

"Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast"

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug."

"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Channman

Camille Paglia had this to say:

Who?

Read the attached article. She is a Lesbian, Atheist and a graduate from Yale. She writes some very interesting articles from Salon.com that I have found to be enjoyable to read.

I checked it before I asked. Nothing about that qualifies her opinion any more highly than your's, mine, or any other random person.

lawrocket

Tolerance means tolerance. For ALL points of view. Yes, you would be intolerant of a racist. I am intolerant of racists, and therefore I do not say that I am a "tolerant" person. I think people should quit calling "intolerance" "tolerance." Final question: are you tolerant of all viewpoints or are you intolerant of certain viewpoints? You cannot be tolerant and intolerant at the same time. My point is that "tolerance" has taken on a definition that is not neutral. "Tolerance" has become intolerance of certain viewpoints. The equal and opposite.

So a person for whom tolerance is a value must be tolerant of those who are intolerant? Your argument has some logical force, I concede. But how, then, does a tolerant person express disapproval of a racist or a homophobe? On your logic, the truly tolerant person can never do this, but instead must stay silent even when faced with viewpoints directly opposed to their values. How can change ever happen on your logic, where no one can ever stand up to the bigot and say, no, your attitude is wrong and hurtful, and we will not tolerate it?

The PR department for the show must be getting the biggest fucking Christmas bonus of the decade.

Two predictions: A&E planned on selling the show anyway and will get a boat load of money or Phil will apologize and return to higher ratings and greater ad revenue.

GG marketing at A&E.

I'm sorry but I can't attach any validity to your post. You simply do not know how to study the Bible, do not know the difference between the Old Testament or the Hebrew writings versus the New Testament or Christian writings and therefore do not know what you are talking about.

Jesus Christ paid the price for your sin, the sin you were born into. You need to grasp this concept first.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I'm sorry but I can't attach any validity to your post. You simply do not know how to study the Bible, do not know the difference between the Old Testament or the Hebrew writings versus the New Testament or Christian writings and therefore do not know what you are talking about.

But the Old Testament is where the condemnation of homosexuality is. If you want to say that the Old Testament is superseded by the new, then you have no Biblical basis for what Roberson said.

You can't have it both ways.

- Dan G

DanG

But the Old Testament is where the condemnation of homosexuality is. If you want to say that the Old Testament is superseded by the new, then you have no Biblical basis for what Roberson said.

You can't have it both ways.

It is not a question of what I can have.

Read Romans 1 and 1 Corinthians 6
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

Robertson said: "Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

He did add that HE didn't judge these people. "He can't agree with them but it isn't his place to judge them. This is up to God." Robertson said he'd "love 'em as a Christian should and let God sort it out in the end".

jon

jonstark

***Robertson said: "Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

He did add that HE didn't judge these people. "He can't agree with them but it isn't his place to judge them. This is up to God." Robertson said he'd "love 'em as a Christian should and let God sort it out in the end".

sure looks like judgement in the first block. Saying it's not in the second doesn't change that at all.

RonD1120

Jesus Christ paid the price for your sin, the sin you were born into. You need to grasp this concept first.

You are so full of it and only cherry pick what fits for you and ignore the rest. The bible is a bullshit book full of lies. I hold you invalid! You know not what you are talking about. I have read that awful book from cover to cover. I am sorry for the time I lost. No magical friend as ever died for a sin that I was born into. What kind of deity would allow that of his creation. Not very loving is he.
May I quote Twain?
'God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New -- the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.'
-- Mark Twain, Notebook (1904)
Your deity is a sinner, a rapist, a murderer and, a child abuser. Twain is right by saying, "If there is a God, he is a malign thug."
You need to get a grasp on reality.
Neil Young

Where is the right-wing outrage over this other example?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-justine-sacco-tweet-20131221,0,1869309.story

I'll tell you where . . . nowhere.

And why?

Because it has nothing, NOTHING, to do with the First Amendment. It's all about them secretly agreeing with the anti-gay remarks and defending the actor who plays a "Duck Dynasty" character who voices anti-gay sentiments on a program that supposedly places "American" and "Christian" values in a positive light.

It's bullshit.

The truth is, this sort of thing happens all the time. Make a bonehead comment in public that reflects poorly on the company you work for and you probably will be fired. First Amendment doesn't apply. It's about how bad you've made your boss look.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Of course A&E can fire Phil Robertson. He still has the freedom of speech guaranteed. Personally, I hope the family walks off and the show goes to the Blaze TV.

AndyBoyd

Bro, give it up. Of course you are right, but it doesn't matter to Ron. Arguing with him is pointless. It's like banging your head against a wall. It will only feel better when you stop. ;)

I have nothing better to do as I am trapped in a hotel in Laredo, TX. At least I have Ron to keep me entertained. :)
Neil Young

freethefly

I have nothing better to do as I am trapped in a hotel in Laredo, TX.

I would totally use that time to walk the streets and look for a cowboy dressed in white linen. The Vine selfie would be worth it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***I have nothing better to do as I am trapped in a hotel in Laredo, TX.

I would totally use that time to walk the streets and look for a cowboy dressed in white linen. The Vine selfie would be worth it.

Damn. Beat me to it. Well, here it is anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1qfIPXjGn4
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

RonD1120

Contemplate my signature.

The spatial transformation that my test equipment was experiencing last Wednesday made no sense. You see, the bolt hole fencelets were printing out in irregular patterns on the rail profiles on my screens. The order in which they paint on the screen is dependent on a trig function. The function is set in motion by way of the encoder which sets up the time base as the the truck moves along the tracks. As sound is introduced into the rail it will continue to move in the angle that it was first introduced. When the beam encounters a reflector, it will return along the same path. Problem being the bolt hole print outs were spaced to far apart. At times they were even crossing opposite in relation to the position of the transducers that fired the bangs. Now, often the problem lies in the encoder head. Being that this piece of equipment is very sensitive, one may consider replacing it. I did and still the problem reoccurred. Next in order is the gear drive that connects to the hi-rail wheel by way of a drive belt. Slippage in the drive can cause spatial transformation. I did not believe that this was causing the problem as there was no slippage when spun by hand. I just could not understand why my fencelets were experiencing this transformation. It was not making any sense. Then it dawned on me! I was seeing the light. Halleluiah! Praise his name! It was the goddamn set screw that holds the drive to the encoder shaft. It was old and worn out and was allowing the encoder shaft to slip as the truck gained speed. Damn, if only I had an imaginary friend it would had all made perfect sense in the beginning. PRAISE BE TO THE LORD OF CRITICAL ANGLE! Can I get an AMEN!! Pass the hat, pastor needs a new Cadillac!
Neil Young

quade

***I have nothing better to do as I am trapped in a hotel in Laredo, TX.

:D:D:D:D
Neil Young

ryoder

I'll be darned.
What you are describing sounds like a mechanical analog to the TDR test used on ethernet cabling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-domain_reflectometer

That is in the sense of the amplitude modulation. In A-Scan we view indications in RF (on my oscilloscope and hand test scope.) Very much the same. However, the B-scan, dependent on A-scan, is a profile view that paints the flight of time of the sound beam along the vertical axis and the transducer along the horizontal (the trig function) on my screens. The A-scan allows us to set up gates in order to trap signals that are strong enough to trigger a response to view the reflector on the B-scan display (where the spatial transformation occurred.) These signal are dependent on the size of the reflector. It is not fool proof as actual defects can be masked by surface conditions that cause a rayleigh wave that will cancel out the shear wave. In light of all of this, it is pretty close to the same in the sense of the A-scan.
Neil Young