freethefly

Jesus was a white guy?

I have no need for a god or any other magical friend. All I need is money (got it), pussy (my wife has that and gives me some when I get home every two to three months), motorcycles (I have two Harleys, a '68 FLH Electra Glide, '05 FLSTFI, a 1972 Norton 750 chopper that I built and, my 1972 Hodaka Super Rat), trucks and cars (got two badass trucks, a 1980 El camino SS and a very nice BMW 528i and, a parachute (got it.) Getting close to paying off the house and land. I am blessed by my own desire and determination. I give credit for my success to myself and only myself. No god required.

You are blessed among men, your needs are simple and easily fulfilled. May it always be so. But I suspect your self imposed tranquility will be tested like all the rest of us. Then you will see if you have indeed found the light. I sincerely hope so.

Peace,

regulator

Nice, very nice. 460hp? Hmmmm.... maybe someone with a new one will run me for pink slips next summer when the F100 is finished. Got a set of built Aussie heads on the way for the 351c that is in her. Getting machine work done on the block. Hope to top out with over 500 to 600hp. Next in line is a TCI Super Street Fighter C-6 and a swap out for a 9 inch to back up the power.
If I were to buy a Vette, I think it would have to be an older 60s era Vette. Really love the 67'.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

maadmax

I have no need for a god or any other magical friend. All I need is money (got it), pussy (my wife has that and gives me some when I get home every two to three months), motorcycles (I have two Harleys, a '68 FLH Electra Glide, '05 FLSTFI, a 1972 Norton 750 chopper that I built and, my 1972 Hodaka Super Rat), trucks and cars (got two badass trucks, a 1980 El camino SS and a very nice BMW 528i and, a parachute (got it.) Getting close to paying off the house and land. I am blessed by my own desire and determination. I give credit for my success to myself and only myself. No god required.

You are blessed among men, your needs are simple and easily fulfilled. May it always be so. But I suspect your self imposed tranquility will be tested like all the rest of us. Then you will see if you have indeed found the light. I sincerely hope so.

Peace,

My needs are simple yet, expensive. Speed isn't cheap.
The true test is in the trap at the drag strip.
The light? I already found it. It rolled under one of the roll away boxes in my shop.
Thanks for the thought.
Peace.
Neil Young

jclalor

Perhaps a little bit off topic... But it seems with all the crosses you see these days, that if Jesus ever did come back, a cross is the last thing that guy would want to see.

As a variant of the Messianic Movement of Judaism, there was no symbolic use of the cross at all. For a resident of Judea in the First Century to wear a cross would be about as likely as Jesse Jackson wearing a necklace with a little gold noose pendant.

It turns out that, during the French Revolution, some people took to wearing necklace pendants in the form of tiny guillotines, which is on a par with wearing a cross - it is hardly the mark of solidarity with those who were executed thereby.

Indeed, it was only when Christianity (tm) became the overlay of the Roman Empire that the cross became the preferred symbol. It is marvelously ironic that the symbol selected by his newfound 'followers' is the means they used to execute him. Though the Romans blamed the denizens of Judea for his death, the claim is rather transparent - execution under Mosaic Law was by stoning, while crucifixion was entirely a Roman affair.

I still flinch when I see a cross, since there is an element of "this is how we kill Jews where I come from" in it, however inadvertent. It never ceases to amaze me that people can be given to idolizing one member of the family while wishing to exterminate the rest.

I guess it's one of those mysteries of faith of which the Church makes such a big deal.

BSBD,

Winsor

normiss

Sweet little collection there!
B|

It's not required by law to come to FL in an RV is it???:):P

Come on down! B|

As I understand it is required upon retirement and one must leave a blinker on.. ;)
Neil Young

BIGUN

"Uncle Winsor, will you tell me a bedtime story?"
"Shut the fuck up, kid."
"Oooooo, That's my favorite." ;)

It's just the wrong stories:

Stephen King "Son, would you like a bedtime story?"

Stephen King's son, "NO, please no, I'll be good, I'll go to sleep now. Just no more nightmares, please"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

jclalor

Perhaps a little bit off topic... But it seems with all the crosses you see these days, that if Jesus ever did come back, a cross is the last thing that guy would want to see.

I'd be a bit twitchy of whips and hammers and stakes too....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Jesus was most likely Caucasian. Not saying there is no way he was black,but very unlikely since most of the people from that area at that time were Caucasian. The people from that part of the world had Caucasian facial bone structures,and some even had blonde hair or light brown hair and some even had blue eyes as well. Most middle eastern people are not black but are Caucasian. Santa was a turk and was also most likely Caucasian.

toolbox

Jesus was most likely Caucasian. Not saying there is no way he was black,but very unlikely since most of the people from that area at that time were Caucasian. The people from that part of the world had Caucasian facial bone structures,and some even had blonde hair or light brown hair and some even had blue eyes as well. Most middle eastern people are not black but are Caucasian. Santa was a turk and was also most likely Caucasian.

Thanks for clearing this up.
Let's move on to more important issues. What color is the Easter Bunny? I say he is white and I have proof. See image.
Neil Young

I have a friend from Egypt who has black hair and is whiter than I am until he gets in the sun,and I am of northern european desent. I also know a few people from Iran who are whiter than I am,and I've met a girl from Palestine who had bright blue eyes.
Just saying that ancient people got around a lot over the course of human existence.
But the big question is, do you think Jesus,or Santa, would be prejudice about things like color?

toolbox

I have a friend from Egypt who has black hair and is whiter than I am until he gets in the sun,and I am of northern european desent. I also know a few people from Iran who are whiter than I am,and I've met a girl from Palestine who had bright blue eyes.
Just saying that ancient people got around a lot over the course of human existence.
But the big question is, do you think Jesus,or Santa, would be prejudice about things like color?

There was a black kid on our street and Santa never left him anything.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

winsor

***"Uncle Winsor, will you tell me a bedtime story?"

"Shut the fuck up, kid."

Outstanding choices are:

Uncle Shelby's Kiddie Corner, by Shel Silverstein

Andrew Dice Clay reads Mother Goose

and

Mr. Mike meets Uncle Remus/Mr. Mike's Least Loved Bedtime Stories - Michael O'Donohue & Garrett Morris

Wait until the kid is old enough to want comic books and gets a load of my collection of Zap Comics, Bijou Funnies, Wonder Wart Hog (like the rig) and Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers (like the Nelson Bro's theme) and the like. As a member of this family, a warped sense of humor comes with the territory.

BSBD,

Winsor

Here's my favorite.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

winsor

***"Uncle Winsor, will you tell me a bedtime story?"

"Shut the fuck up, kid."

Outstanding choices are:

Uncle Shelby's Kiddie Corner, by Shel Silverstein

Andrew Dice Clay reads Mother Goose

and

Mr. Mike meets Uncle Remus/Mr. Mike's Least Loved Bedtime Stories - Michael O'Donohue & Garrett Morris

Wait until the kid is old enough to want comic books and gets a load of my collection of Zap Comics, Bijou Funnies, Wonder Wart Hog (like the rig) and Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers (like the Nelson Bro's theme) and the like. As a member of this family, a warped sense of humor comes with the territory.

BSBD,

Winsor

No Dr.Atomic?
Neil Young

freethefly

“Jesus was a white man too. He was a historical figure, that’s a verifiable fact, as is Santa — I just want the kids watching to know that.”

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/fox-news-host-megyn-kelly-its-a-verifiable-fact-jesus-was-white/news/2013/12/12/80130#.UqqTiycoZew

Jesus would not had been a white man, fact.
He is no more a historical figure than is Bilbo Baggins, fact.
Megyn Kelly is a verifiable moronic, fact.
Faux News just keeps getting weirder, fact.

I wonder if swarthy Mediterranean dark skinned Aramaic speaking Jesus, will be harsh in his judgment for those who have hatred in their hearts who post weekly silly dark skinned people threads found in such abundance in compassionate conservative media.

Things that make you go hhhmmmmm