BIGUN

"Uncle Winsor, will you tell me a bedtime story?"

"Shut the fuck up, kid."

"Oooooo, That's my favorite." ;)

Outstanding choices are:

Uncle Shelby's Kiddie Corner, by Shel Silverstein

Andrew Dice Clay reads Mother Goose

and

Mr. Mike meets Uncle Remus/Mr. Mike's Least Loved Bedtime Stories - Michael O'Donohue & Garrett Morris

Wait until the kid is old enough to want comic books and gets a load of my collection of Zap Comics, Bijou Funnies, Wonder Wart Hog (like the rig) and Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers (like the Nelson Bro's theme) and the like. As a member of this family, a warped sense of humor comes with the territory.

BSBD,

Winsor

AndyBoyd

***LOL

Proof of religion provided by religion itself.

yeah....:S

Not the brightest comment I've ever read, bro. In fact, it's borderline stupid. There is historical evidence that the person known as Jesus of Nazareth existed. This is not proof of religion by religion itself, it's proof of a historical figure by historical evidence.

Nah, he actually had it pretty well nailed. Most of the characters in the Hebrew Scriptures likely existed in the same sense that Heracles, Theseus and Ajax did. The point is that the mere fact that these guys once were around is hardly compelling evidence that Zeus, Apollo and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named are the prime movers in tales of their exploits.

As to the Christian Scriptures, there were quite a few who made claim to the mantle foretold by Isaiah, and it was the group that focused on one claimant in particular (see the credentials claimed at the beginnings of Matthew and Luke, which, ironically enough, required a paternal bloodline that would have been obviated by 'virgin birth') that formed the basis for the power grab of the Roman Empire, reinventing themselves by usurping what had until then been largely a movement of Judaism.

Islam is only a little more blatant, with a core principle being 'this is the truth, believe it or we will kill you.' Christianity put that principle into practice repeatedly throughout its history, so it is not much better.

BSBD,

Winsor

Zap Comics, Bijou Funnies, Wonder Wart Hog (like the rig) and Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers (like the Nelson Bro's theme) and the like.

Ah -- the classics! ;)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

rwieder

For us it is an opportunity to enjoy life, rather than to plan for eternity.

That's sad you feel that way. I'll put you on my prayer lists!

It's sad to enjoy life?

Craziest damn thing I've ever read!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

winsor

******LOL

Proof of religion provided by religion itself.

yeah....:S

Not the brightest comment I've ever read, bro. In fact, it's borderline stupid. There is historical evidence that the person known as Jesus of Nazareth existed. This is not proof of religion by religion itself, it's proof of a historical figure by historical evidence.

Nah, he actually had it pretty well nailed. Most of the characters in the Hebrew Scriptures likely existed in the same sense that Heracles, Theseus and Ajax did. The point is that the mere fact that these guys once were around is hardly compelling evidence that Zeus, Apollo and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named are the prime movers in tales of their exploits.

As to the Christian Scriptures, there were quite a few who made claim to the mantle foretold by Isaiah, and it was the group that focused on one claimant in particular (see the credentials claimed at the beginnings of Matthew and Luke, which, ironically enough, required a paternal bloodline that would have been obviated by 'virgin birth') that formed the basis for the power grab of the Roman Empire, reinventing themselves by usurping what had until then been largely a movement of Judaism.

Islam is only a little more blatant, with a core principle being 'this is the truth, believe it or we will kill you.' Christianity put that principle into practice repeatedly throughout its history, so it is not much better.

BSBD,

Winsor

No, he didn't have it "nailed," and neither do you. All I said was that there is historical evidence that a human being called Jesus of Nazareth existed. He then assumed that I was making some sort of religious argument, just like you did. I'll try this again, real slowly, so you both can understand. I am an atheist. I do not believe in a Christian god or any sort of supernatural deity. I do not believe that Jesus Christ was the son of god. There is plenty of historical evidence that the human being called Jesus of Nazareth actually lived in first-century Palestine.

I hope that clears it up for you both. If not, I don't know what else to say.

For us it is an opportunity to enjoy life, rather than to plan for eternity.

Hey chifee wiefee, best go back and check that posts. I did not say that, I merely told the person who did I'd keep them in my prayers.

Craziest damn thing I've ever read!

Maybe so, I don't know you but you seem to have the rash for religion too. I don't have a clue why you people carry on like this. I can't save your soul, but God can. I was once lost myself, but I've been found for years. The Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Saviour! I rejoice in that. You take Care. Happy Holidays.

Best-
Richard

Spin it any way you prefer.
The bible is proof of nothing more than man's ability to write characters that communicate a message.

The opposite of this forum.

Meaning, if anyone in the bible existed in real life, it matters not. In any way whatsoever.

You're borderline stupid to think it does matter.:P

regulator

“Jesus was a white man too. He was a historical figure, that’s a verifiable fact, as is Santa — I just want the kids watching to know that.”

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/fox-news-host-megyn-kelly-its-a-verifiable-fact-jesus-was-white/news/2013/12/12/80130#.UqqTiycoZew

Jesus would not had been a white man, fact.
He is no more a historical figure than is Bilbo Baggins, fact.
Megyn Kelly is a verifiable moronic, fact.
Faux News just keeps getting weirder, fact.

20 says she's smarter than you'll ever be.

---------------------------------------------------------
I'll take your $20.00 and raise you $100.00

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megyn_Kelly

She is smarter in that which I am not educated however, I am positive that I know far more in the NDT field (UT, PT, ET, VT and, Phased Array UT) than she will ever know. I highly doubt that she has the knowledge on rail and metals that I have. I shine like a star in my profession and I am highly regarded on the railroad. I once ran a test in front of President Bush's campaign train in 1992. I stayed one day ahead of the train and marked out a number of potential rail failures that would had caused a derail.
I am 100% positive that I am far ahead of her when it comes to designing, constructing and welding a rigid motorcycle frame. I doubt that she can build an engine, transmission and, wire a motorcycle or car.
Yet, I would never make such a moronic statement as this:
“By the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white but this person is just arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa,” Kelly said. “Santa is what he is and just so you know, we are debating this because someone wrote about it, kids. … Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn’t mean it has to change. … Jesus was a white man, too. He was a historical figure. That’s a verifiable fact — as is Santa. I just want the kids watching to know that. My point is, how do you just revise it in the middle of the legacy of the story and change Santa from white to black?”
Now, she is backing up and saying that it was said as humor and that those who object to her humor are race baiting.
To her credit, she has admitted that she was wrong about Jesus being a good old white boy.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

regulator

I'm pretty sure we can find things that each of us are better at than others if we pick and choose our criteria. Saying she is moronic just brings you down to the level of her saying jesus was a white guy.

Saying that a person, whom there is no proof ever existed, is a white guy is just moronic. If he did exist, he most likely would had looked similar to Bin Laden in skin tone.
Neil Young

Interesting, you obviously have spent a lot of time in honest pursuit of the Truth. You have uncovered many facts that the religious probably are unaware of. But it appears to me that you have missed the paradoxical beauty in what you have studied. It must mystify you how this old faith is still knocking around, and how many people seem to derive meaning from it.

The missing link is that people need God, His love and acceptance. Strange as it is written, He is in the pages of that Book. The power of His presence comes through loud and clear.

normiss

Spin it any way you prefer.
The bible is proof of nothing more than man's ability to write characters that communicate a message.:P

For the third time, I was NOT making a religious argument. Can you really not grasp the difference between a historical fact and an article of faith? There are numerous historical sources other than the bible that refer to Jesus the human being. The Aslan book lists these sources. I'm not "spinning" anything. Your argument that Jesus was not an actual historical figure is flat out wrong.

maadmax

The missing link is that people need God, His love and acceptance. Strange as it is written, He is in the pages of that Book. The power of His presence comes through loud and clear.

I have no need for a god or any other magical friend. All I need is money (got it), pussy (my wife has that and gives me some when I get home every two to three months), motorcycles (I have two Harleys, a '68 FLH Electra Glide, '05 FLSTFI, a 1972 Norton 750 chopper that I built and, my 1972 Hodaka Super Rat), trucks and cars (got two badass trucks, a 1980 El camino SS and a very nice BMW 528i and, a parachute (got it.) Getting close to paying off the house and land. I am blessed by my own desire and determination. I give credit for my success to myself and only myself. No god required.
Neil Young

Fully agree on the not needing a god.

The rest is just fluff and toys though.

I like those as well, but I'm not defined by them, nor do I consider them a sign of success. I might have used to in some ways....but I find a retirement nest egg a much bigger symbol of success.
Winning. B|

I do find myself quite envious of your FLH though. I'm dying for a Panhead.

normiss

I like those as well, but I'm not defined by them, nor do I consider them a sign of success. I might have used to in some ways....but I find a retirement nest egg a much bigger symbol of success.
Winning. B|

I was so close to getting a 1948 Panhead motor last month. Rebuilt, never ran. Came with a Paughco frame, springer frontend, rims with new tires and, a few other parts. All for $5000.00. The guy started to build the bike but, lost interest a few years ago, as he explained. Been sitting in his garage and wanted it gone. He sold it before I got home for Thanksgiving.

I agree that material items are just fluff and not a true indicator of success.
Hell, I was just as happy when I only had two motorcycles, one truck and, my hand;)
Neil Young

freethefly

I have no need for a god or any other magical friend. All I need is money (got it), pussy (my wife has that and gives me some when I get home every two to three months), motorcycles (I have two Harleys, a '68 FLH Electra Glide, '05 FLSTFI, a 1972 Norton 750 chopper that I built and, my 1972 Hodaka Super Rat), trucks and cars (got two badass trucks, a 1980 El camino SS and a very nice BMW 528i and, a parachute (got it.) Getting close to paying off the house and land. I am blessed by my own desire and determination. I give credit for my success to myself and only myself. No god required.

Kind of ironic how when you define your life as a bunch of material things and a woman that will give you a piece of ass every few weeks. I always thought that the act of thinking of someone other than yourself should define your life. Like being a missionary, or helping out with the homeless. If this is how you define your life as being complete, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

An example:

http://myfox8.com/2013/09/03/winston-salem-missionaries-help-thousands-of-syrian-refugees/

Hey chifee wiefee, best go back and check that posts. I did not say that, I merely told the person who did I'd keep them in my prayers.

I know you didn't. How the fuck is it possible that after 10 years posting here you don't know how the forum formatting works?:S

I don't have a clue why you people carry on like this.

You've got it back-asswards. You're the guy who felt compelled to judge someone for enjoying life.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

regulator

Kind of ironic how when you define your life as a bunch of material things and a woman that will give you a piece of ass every few weeks. I always thought that the act of thinking of someone other than yourself should define your life. Like being a missionary, or helping out with the homeless. If this is how you define your life as being complete, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

An example:

http://myfox8.com/2013/09/03/winston-salem-missionaries-help-thousands-of-syrian-refugees/

My life will be complete when I have a Knucklehead and a Panhead in the stable.
Neil Young

normiss

Winning. B|

I will retire in 10 years. Much of what I own now will be sold. Will keep the 68 and 05. We plan on buying a nice RV and head down to Florida. Hope to ride with ya someday.
Neil Young