CameraNewbie

East New York Black community leaders speak out against "KNOCKOUT" game

Lesson learned vicariously, when approached by one or more young blacks maintain an intense vigil and keep my hand on my gun.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

And how about when you're approached by one or more young whites?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Iago

And once again they want to blame the problem on something other than the perps.

How about reading a book or playing cards to keep them out of trouble?

Lotsa time to do that in prison. Send them there.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

wmw999

Wendy P.

So far I have not heard any reports of the game spreading from black thugs to whites. However, at my age I don't go into the city unless it is necessary. I have been wary of crowds most of my life.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

wmw999

Wendy P.

This is all irrelevant
The newspapers and media say it isn’t happening
And a few here parroted that theme
If it isn’t happening, why speak out against it???
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

These headlines often catch my eye. They always make me wonder, "Is someone speaking out FOR it?".
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

jakee

Ron being a paranoid racist? Who'd'a thunk it?

OK race baiter, do you think any of these people will become racists and will move away from young black kids next time? I would guess they would certainly move.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/elderly-woman-city-10th-knockout-game-victim-article-1.1532989
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

SkyDekker

***These headlines often catch my eye. They always make me wonder, "Is someone speaking out FOR it?".

Every black man who isn't actively speaking against it, is obviously for it. No way. Lazy black/white people don't care unless it effects them. There's no epidemic here. It's just a few misguided youth who feel left out... It's a good healthy way to instill racial pride.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Probably not...but if a certain " group" of white people started attacking people you'd be smart to be wary of people that look like they could belong to that group.
Isn't that how you would handle it?
As for them wanting jobs...last i checked there are jobs to be had ( if you want one)...but for argument sake, what sorts of jobs do you think they'd like to be handed to them, how hard are they willing to work ( LOL), and how much money you think they would like?

Probably not...but if a certain " group" of white people started attacking people you'd be smart to be wary of people that look like they could belong to that group.

Oh, ok. So white people need to appear to be part of a certain group to arouse fear, but black people just need to appear black. Got it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

That would be stupid and a waste of energy for when you really needed it.
So let me see if I understand you...when you walk down the street everyone is the same/equal and no one ever makes you put up a cautious eye?
Personally, I don't put myself on a heightened state of alert regardless of who is approaching me. Color of skin or whether it be one person or a group have nothing to do with how I base my decisions.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it just might be a ....duck!
Is that racist?

That would be stupid and a waste of energy for when you really needed it.

What would be? I don't think I proposed any course of action.:S

Personally, I don't put myself on a heightened state of alert regardless of who is approaching me.

You don't? But just now you said it would be smart to do so. Are you saying you're not smart?

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it just might be a ....duck!
Is that racist?

That depends on if duck, black and likely criminal are all synonyms - as Rick appears to think.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

This is all irrelevant
The newspapers and media say it isn’t happening
And a few here parroted that theme
If it isn’t happening, why speak out against it???

If it isn't happening? Did you even watch the video? Black community leaders in east new york are saying it's happening in their community. Did you skip that part? These black community leaders want to put a stop to it! So why would they want to put a stop to something if it's not happening?
What do protesters want? Dead cops! When do they want it? Every 2 weeks!

Speaking only for myself...I am not racist. I have no reason to say I'm not because I have an agenda or need people to like me.
I don't judge people based on the color of their skin.
If I feel a situation could be dangerous I try to avoid having to find out for sure, color having nothing to do with it.
I a neither the smartest guy in the planet or the dumbest. I think this is about using your common sense.
Such a touchy subject because regardless of what you say you come across as though your singling out blacks. That is so not the case, in my case anyway.
I also believe if someone really wants to better themselves and really wants to work then the opportunities are there for anyone.