masterrig

His legacy?

A side observation from the article:

Deen, whose cooking empire imploded this year after she admitted to having used the N-word to describe black employees, came in at No. 2 on the list behind Rodman,

Paula Deen admitted using the N-word to describe someone who mugged her in the 80's.

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/6579-paula-deens-robber-comes-to-her-defense
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

quade

Funny how many people consider him to be "least influential" yet hold him responsible for so much.

How is that possible?

I've got a bit of dissonance in my cognition, myself. On the other hand, I can certainly see that his influence has tanked. Recall that the stuff he's being blamed for was in the past. What he did years ago is coming back now. Look at his influence in Syria.

Is GW Bush influential? Must be because of all the stuff that is blamed on him. He WAS influential but not any more.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The President, by any reasonable definition is influential. People can quibble about whether that was a positive or negative influence, but to say he's not influential is silly.

Certainly more influential than the author of the list in question.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I agree. But it looks like it's "influential" from a cultural standpoint. The President has lost a great deal of his mojo in that department. I.e., does what the President do or say have an effect on the population's ethos? I think it used to, but not anymore.

Still, I'm mainly in agreement with you.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

RonD1120

A side observation from the article:

Deen, whose cooking empire imploded this year after she admitted to having used the N-word to describe black employees, came in at No. 2 on the list behind Rodman,

Paula Deen admitted using the N-word to describe someone who mugged her in the 80's.

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/6579-paula-deens-robber-comes-to-her-defense

Maybe, she'd been better off calling him a son of a bitch!

Chuck

You got that right!

Hope, you're not having to go through Texas!? It's pretty nasty on the highways with all the ice we've had lately. We just got power back today after being out for the last 30 hrs. Some parts are still out. Down power lines all over the place.

Chuck

jakee

On the other hand, I can certainly see that his influence has tanked.

Really? Rushmc thinks he's now so influential he could run for a third term.:P

You gonn share some of what your smokin?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

That's not as big a contradiction as it sounds at first. You can do things without influencing others to do things. President Obama is not a good negotiator, he's not a really analytical guy, he's not a problem solver. He hasn't done anything for black people, despite their initial hopes. I haven't heard any black high school kids saying, "I want to be like the President." I doubt if any corporate ceo's are saying "We should follow the President's example of honesty in our dealings with our customers."
By his very presence, any President can be responsible for things. That's due to his legal authority. To be truly influential, a person has to have technical or moral authority. Those things Obama ain't got.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

rushmc

No, but I can point you back to what you said.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

No, but I can point you back to what you said.

Exactly
And my point was he has been abusing his power and not following the law

You all went literal on this
suck it up buck wheat
Abraham Lincoln

Right, it's our fault for assuming that what you said was what you meant. I'm so very, very sorry.

Seriously dude, your writing is so piss poor that it's difficult enough to decipher the literal meaning of your sentances, let alone figure out which ones are metaphorical, allusive or hyperbolic. So if you're not willing to learn proper english you could at least stop blaming other people for misunderstanding your pidgin garble.

No attack the writing

Oh boy

Minsunderstanding happen on line ALL the fucking time

You guys went nuts on it

Sheesh
now you switch it up cause I answered your "who's saying it" question

Have a drink pal
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

Right, it's our fault for assuming that what you said was what you meant. I'm so very, very sorry.

Seriously dude, your writing is so piss poor that it's difficult enough to decipher the literal meaning of your sentances, let alone figure out which ones are metaphorical, allusive or hyperbolic. So if you're not willing to learn proper english you could at least stop blaming other people for misunderstanding your pidgin garble.

Seriously - just ignore him - there is no discussion possible with his level of mental gymnastics. There are plenty of people on here who do have intelligent opinions.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

No attack the writing

See, what does that mean? Don't attack the writing? Attack the writing instead of doing something else? Oh no, he's attacking the writing? Where are the rest of the words that sentence needs in order to make sense?

Minsunderstanding happen on line ALL the fucking time

Yeah, no shit Sherlock - misunderstandings do happen to you all the time. I'm telling you why.

You guys went nuts on it

No, you went crazy telling accusing people of deliberately misinterpreting you when they were simply trying their best to read you at face value. Here's the thing, when it comes to internet communication you're a special case. When there is a misunderstanding in your conversations, 99% of the time it's your fault every time. I'm seriously considering running all my responses to you through Google translate into French and back just to give you an idea of what it's like.

In fact, here's an exercise for you. Write a moderate size post of maybe 10 lines or more, save it and go and do something else for a few hours. Come back to it and read it aloud. Then ask yourself two things; first, does it sound anything remotely like normal speech; second, can you tell what the hell you were talking about?

Attaboy. Ignore your problem and blame everyone else - the great conservative model of personal responsibility. Heck, I'm pretty sure you once blamed the government for not teaching you well enough in school.

jakee

Attaboy. Ignore your problem and blame everyone else - the great conservative model of personal responsibility. Heck, I'm pretty sure you once blamed the government for not teaching you well enough in school.

na. Just tired of dealing with lberal eleteism. Please ignore me. I am going to do the same for you
Abraham Lincoln

" I'm seriously considering running all my responses to you through Google translate into French and back just to give you an idea of what it's like." Jesus loves you jackee, and I'm sure he is waiting for you to go into your French routine. Is there a special costume for the event?
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.