turtlespeed

Step-Dad was Tazered - stopping him from rescuing a 3 yo child.

I don't believe this.>:(

I hope that they get closure somehow.[:/]

Louisiana Police Department Sgt. Jeffery Salois stunned the child's stepfather Ryan Miller with a Taser as he tried to re-enter the house. Family members said that Salois stunned Miller at least three times.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Fucking cops now days >:(. Sick of hearing story after story of some retarded jock who got a badge and abused the power he should have never had.
Yea yea I know its not all of them but when the ones who do these things get only a slap on the wrist, when they cover each others ass like a gang they all suck.
I think anytime a police officers action can not be justified with he did to protect and serve then he can go fuck him/her self.

Anytime the taser someone wrongfully it should be an attempted murder charge.

I think that's the 3rd story i have seen today and god knows which number this year alone.

Does any one know what the fuck does IA do? WTF is up them being so impotent and usless?
We need another group to check and keep these cops in order.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

Yea yea I know its not all of them but when the ones who do these things get only a slap on the wrist, when they cover each others ass like a gang they all suck.

They ARE a gang. They're the most violent, well armed, and probably least law-abiding gang in every community.
cavete terrae.

I'm not sure "Least Law Abiding" is correct, gang is.

They even have their own gang signs and gang language.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

grue

They ARE a gang. They're the most violent, well armed, and probably least law-abiding gang in every community.
-----------------------------------------------------------
You should ride along with my father. I have seen him act like a true professional over and over in the most adverse of conditions (people being complete assholes). I've seen him let people go that were probably having bad days and were rude nonetheless. They aren't a gang, but you are treading on the line of being a douchebag for thinking so.

regulator

-----------------------------------------------------------
You should ride along with my father. I have seen him act like a true professional over and over in the most adverse of conditions (people being complete assholes). I've seen him let people go that were probably having bad days and were rude nonetheless. They aren't a gang, but you are treading on the line of being a douchebag for thinking so.

I'm not saying for a moment they are all bad people. However as a whole they are repeatedly dragged down by the absolute shitbirds among them, and that's why I cannot respect them as a group. It's like GM: yes, they sometimes make decent cars, but when they turn out so much trash it's easy to forget about the good products.
cavete terrae.

http://gawker.com/dad-calls-cops-on-son-to-teach-him-a-lesson-cops-shoot-1460159897

A father's attempt to teach his son a lesson for taking his truck without permission ended in tragedy Monday after a local police officer shot the teenager dead.

James Comstock told the Des Moines Register he called the police on his son Tyler after the latter took the former's truck in retaliation for refusing to buy him cigarettes.

Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson reportedly spotted the lawn care company vehicle and pursued it onto the Iowa State University campus, where a brief standoff ensued after Tyler allegedly refused orders to turn off the engine.

McPherson eventually fired six shots into the truck, two of which struck Tyler who was later pronounced dead.

The official report claims the action was necessary in order "to stop the ongoing threat to the public and the officers."

Tyler's dad says he was unarmed at the time.

"So he didn't shut the damn truck off, so let's fire six rounds at him?" exclaimed Gary Shepley, Tyler's step-grandfather. "We're confused, and we don't understand."

James said his son had his fair share of minor troubles with the law, and was distraught over a recent breakup with his girlfriend, but was in the process of turning his life around, and was working on obtaining his GED at Des Moines Area Community College.

"He was a smart kid. He made his own computers. He was interested in IT," James told the Register.

The family's demands for answers got even louder following the revelation that a member of the Ames police department suggested twice that officers call off the chase.

"He took off with my truck. I call the police, and they kill him," James said. ""It was over a damn pack of cigarettes."

McPherson is currently on paid leave pending the results of his department's investigation.

PAID leave fucking pig fuck. Everyday man some cop kills someone they did not need too.

WTF, how about arrested or at least unpaid leave. The kid was unarmed.

This shit happens way to much. How many times are these ass holes going to get a pass?

It just never ends man

http://libertycrier.com/22-year-old-syndrome-beaten-police-bulge-pants-colostomy-bag/

22 Year Old With Down Syndrome Beaten By The Police For “Bulge In Pants” That Was His Colostomy Bag

A man with special needs is speaking out after he was left badly bruised by police. Twenty-two-year-old Gilberto Powell, who has Down Syndrome, is left with horrible bruises and scars on his face after he had an encounter with police outside his home.

“That’s my son. That’s my baby. I really love this little boy. He’s my love,” said Powell’s mother, Josephine.

According to the family, they were inside their Southwest Miami-Dade home last Saturday when Powell, who is also called Liko, called his parents on his cell phone to let them know he was walking a block from his friend’s house.

On his way home, Liko said, “The police followed me.”

Liko said, the officer smacked him in the face with an open hand and knocked him to the ground.

“His whole hand,” he said.

According to the police report, a Miami-Dade Police officer noticed a bulge in Liko’s waistband. The officer attempted to conduct a pat down, and Powell tried to run away.

“I said, ‘Didn’t you know he was a Down Syndrome kid?’ And he said, ‘No, I’m not a doctor. I don’t know.’ And I said, ‘Well, you can see it in his face that he is a Down Syndrome kid,’” said Josephine.

ASS HOLES

I think his last sentence is the acknowledgment that there are two masters to serve here -- legal liability for "allowing" someone to run into a burning house where they stand a good chance of hurting or killing themselves, and the simple fact that fatherhood means that the guy is going to keep trying.

I.e. hold him, but don't tase him -- when he gets out of the hold, he'll go back in anyway.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think if I was a dad I would rather die trying then be stopped from saving my child. Even if there is the smallest chance that I could save him.

What kind of a life would it be with me forever feeling like I didn’t do what I should have or I quit on my own kid. Fuck that I rather burn then die slowly every fucking day.

At the end of the day its his choice not the cops.

Family is the ultimate law.

No good answer here,
I've been in this situation, luckily in my case I didn't have to fight with the father, the fire was just too intense and the baby's room was fully engulfed, neither one of us could do a damn thing. What good does another fatality do for this family? None of you Monday morning QB's were there, nor have you been in this situation. The media is playing on this to stir an already unbelievably horrible situation.
The police let him go in and die, their fault, they go in and try to save him, they get hurt, the FD goes in after everyone, they are at further risk. Try running into a fully engulfed house with no protective gear and see how long you last, again, I've done that too, not pleasant.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

skycop

No good answer here,
I've been in this situation, luckily in my case I didn't have to fight with the father, the fire was just too intense and the baby's room was fully engulfed, neither one of us could do a damn thing. What good does another fatality do for this family? None of you Monday morning QB's were there, nor have you been in this situation. The media is playing on this to stir an already unbelievably horrible situation.
The police let him go in and die, their fault, they go in and try to save him, they get hurt, the FD goes in after everyone, they are at further risk. Try running into a fully engulfed house with no protective gear and see how long you last, again, I've done that too, not pleasant.

The force used to restrain him is my main issue. My second issue is if it is his wish, the cop has no right to stop him. The cop violated his right to save the kid.

futuredivot

Gotta go with Skycop here. I been there, it sucks but not as bad as having another body to bag.

You just didn't want to singe that Caterpillar on your lip.:D