kallend

Toddler with a gun

kallend

"Ringhardt told investigators was carrying the handgun because she was afraid to be home alone. The pistol was apparently left on a coffee table in the living room when she took a nap."

Nothing like some healthy irrational fear to get toddlers killed.

Score one for the good guys.

Stupid ass, allowed to have a gun, allowed to have a gun around kids, allowed to sleep with a gun loose around kids.

Yep, sounds pretty Texas to me.

Hey, at least she took the shot kid to the GRANDPARENTS HOUSE for help, you know, instead of calling 911.

Bignugget

"Ringhardt told investigators was carrying the handgun because she was afraid to be home alone. The pistol was apparently left on a coffee table in the living room when she took a nap."

Stupid ass, allowed to have a gun, allowed to have a gun around kids, allowed to sleep with a gun loose around kids.

Hey, at least she took the shot kid to the GRANDPARENTS HOUSE for help, you know, instead of calling 911.
--------------------------------------------------
You will never know what texas is about. You aren't worthy of living here.

regulator

--------------------------------------------------
You will never know what texas is about. You aren't worthy of living here.

Austin, 6th street maybe . . . but that is about it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

regulator

Don't say that! I spent many nights in deep ellum during texas OU weekend when I lived in dallas from 97-2002. Those were some fun times.

Yeah - Um - You should try it now.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

DaVinci

More toddlers die in the USA every year from GSW than Americans killed by terrorists.

And more toddlers are killed by drowning than gun shot wound.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.:|

Got to love the NRA "selling points" and descriptions on those items. Best one was:

NRA Under the Desk Holster
For those who need a firearm handy while checking email or paying bills

...Because logging into your Gmail is so dangerous
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

While this happened in a part of Texas with some well deserved stereotypes don't confuse our desire for freedom with a desire for this recklessness.

And the article plainly states she went to the child's grandparents' house because... That was the closest phone!

19 year olds can't buy or carry handguns. Texas law states that leaving a gun where a child can get to it is a felony if a child is harmed, class A misdemeanor if not. Texas gun stores post notice of this law.

chedlin

While this happened in a part of Texas with some well deserved stereotypes don't confuse our desire for freedom with a desire for this recklessness.

And the article plainly states she went to the child's grandparents' house because... That was the closest phone!

19 year olds can't buy or carry handguns. Texas law states that leaving a gun where a child can get to it is a felony if a child is harmed, class A misdemeanor if not. Texas gun stores post notice of this law.

Would that be like posting a 30mph speed limit sign in a town with no traffic cops, and expecting everyone to obey it

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***While this happened in a part of Texas with some well deserved stereotypes don't confuse our desire for freedom with a desire for this recklessness.

Would that be like posting a 30mph speed limit sign in a town with no traffic cops, and expecting everyone to obey it

so by your logic should that town not be allowed to own cars since they "might" speed? Or otherwise be irresponsible?

RMK

Got to love the NRA "selling points" and descriptions on those items. Best one was:

NRA Under the Desk Holster
For those who need a firearm handy while checking email or paying bills

...Because logging into your Gmail is so dangerous

Those products are all pretty over the top (and yes, inappropriate for homes with children) but that wasn't an NRA selling point, that was the Mother Jones site making fun of the product.

jtiflyer

******While this happened in a part of Texas with some well deserved stereotypes don't confuse our desire for freedom with a desire for this recklessness.

so by your logic should that town not be allowed to own cars since they "might" speed? Or otherwise be irresponsible?

STRAWMAN!

By MY logic if you have a law you need effective enforcement in order for it to work. Otherwise it isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Which is what we most certainly do NOT have right now with respect to keeping guns out of the hands of felons and loonies, and preventing straw purchases. And the reason we don't have it is because the gun lobby steadfastly opposes any attempt at real enforcement of the existing laws, all the while giving mealy-mouthed lip service to those laws.

Which is what we most certainly do NOT have right now with respect to keeping guns out of the hands of felons and loonies, and preventing straw purchases.

And ALL of the proposals you have supported will not do this either. ALL of the proposals you support make law abiding gun owners jump through hoops that criminals will not jump through.

DaVinci

Which is what we most certainly do NOT have right now with respect to keeping guns out of the hands of felons and loonies, and preventing straw purchases.

And ALL of the proposals you have supported will not do this either. ALL of the proposals you support make law abiding gun owners jump through hoops that criminals will not jump through.

Considering they have not been tried and are just knee-jerk rejected by those of your ilk, you can't possibly know that.

Considering they have not been tried and are just knee-jerk rejected by those of your ilk, you can't possibly know that.

They have been tried CA, NY, NJ.... they all failed.

Yet you continue to parrot them anyway. The facts are clear, your version of gun control does not work.

Bignugget

Sounds pretty 'Anywhere U.S.A.' to me!

Chuck

DaVinci

They have been tried CA, NY, NJ.... they all failed.

Yet you continue to parrot them anyway. The facts are clear, your version of gun control does not work.

Incorrect.

And regardless of the incorectness of your post, there is no obstacle to crossing a state line with a gun. So FAIL.