normiss

Ready for another school shooting?

> If you are going to fire the first round then man the fuck up and fight to the death.

He did fight to the death. Guy is dead.

(I don't associating someone shooting a teacher as "manning up" though. I guess you have a different definition of "manning up" than I do.)

I sound like a broken recording regarding school shootings:

YOU MUST NOT ALLOW STUDENTS TO ENTER THE BUILDING WITH A WEAPON.

Until that is done. Expect more school shootings. There are simply too many guns, and too many nut jobs that ACCESS CONTROL is the only solution.

regulator

I'm simply saying if you are going to be ok with taking someone else's life dont run away like a little bitch.

I think the news article may have been updated or something, or maybe you didn't read it correctly but he didn't shoot the teacher and then drop the gun and run away with the rest of the class, he shot the teacher and everyone else ran away. He fired a few more times, apparently hit two other people non-critically, and then shot himself.

Pretty much the entire chain of responses between you and billvon has made no sense.

I can't quite get there.
My insistence on responsible gun ownership gets in the way.
That damn safe is so much cheaper than a handful of lives.
It's the right thing to do.

I protect my kids from all sorts of things in this world.
This ain't one to not take very seriously.

Parents should be sitting in jail, charged with multiple felonies, barred from their own child's funeral, forced to attend the others.
This IS serious people.

god damn.

OHCHUTE

Until that is done. Expect more school shootings. There are simply too many guns, and too many nut jobs that ACCESS CONTROL is the only solution.

Nope.

I've worked on the design of schools like that and they SUCK at being educational facilities. They end up being more like correctional facilities, with correspondingly higher maintenance and support fees.

I wouldn't want my kids being educated in one.

I agree, access control is the key. Stop the nutjobs getting the guns.

DaVinci

I see this as a cost of having the second amendment.

I see it as the cost of having bad parents.

It is a cost of having children yes. Some will do good, some will do bad. I am susrprised to see how quickly the parents are being labelled as bad. I thought 13 year olds could easily handle the responsibility of firearms if properly instructed?

Same with guns, you have them relatively freely in circulation, some will do good, some will do bad.

I had read it.
WTF?

I'm doing my damn best to let go of this fuck place because it's impossible to have a discussion and it has become generally accepted for some folks to attack others.

I don't like places where "fuck you" is an acceptable response to an opinion.

You folks enjoy your game.
We're never going to fix shit in this country anymore.
Everyone wants to fight.

We're never going to fix shit in this country anymore.
Everyone wants to fight.

If it gets worse enough, then people will have to fix it. I really, really, hope it doesn't have to get that bad -- but sometimes it seems as though we only pull together when we're worried to death or scared to death (e.g. WW2, right after 9/11). :|

And I hope we don't lose you. That would make it suck worse here -- of course, then I, too, might develop a life and quit postwhoring :)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I thought 13 year olds could easily handle the responsibility of firearms if properly instructed?

You know he was "properly instructed"?

Same with guns, you have them relatively freely in circulation, some will do good, some will do bad.

GUNS do not do anything. They are tools.

DaVinci

I thought 13 year olds could easily handle the responsibility of firearms if properly instructed?

You know he was "properly instructed"?

***Same with guns, you have them relatively freely in circulation, some will do good, some will do bad.

GUNS do not do anything. They are tools.

LOL - Its funny - I bet he thinks SUVs drive around and target people too.

Maybe a bat swings its self.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

DaVinci

I see it as the cost of having bad parents.

Bad KIDS are NOT always a product of "bad parenting "...just as GOOD kids CAN come from lousey parenting...Be careful NOT to jump to such simple conclusions

Because nowadays once a kid goes out the door and into ANY environment with OTHER kids...things change...( some ) Kids are TOO easily led astray.

All the best efforts of parents can get UNDONE by the influence of outside factors. [:/] Other kids, TV and Movies, video games and simply how other kids Behave, ( or MIS behave ), can have a dramatic effect on Many kids who ARE properly raised....EVEN the nightly news and our 24 hours a day media bombardment, give good kids bad ideas and gives BAD kids some sort of a "path to attention".....which is what some sad and uncertain kids, could be looking for...:(.

It's a tough situation.. Not sure what happened here... But Normiss brings a good common sense approach to the topic.......( that of LOCKING UP any firearm(s)...) and doesn't deserve to be Chafed by others,,, about it...
Personal responsibility is the key, and sadly Many folks Do NOT learn that by the age of 12, or 13.
Hell,,, some people NEVER learn it..:|:(

WHOever belongs to that weapon bears some of the burden here....It's part of the "right" to BEAR arms..... you take the Bad with the Good, unfortunately...
A good topic... maybe we can be somewhat more cordial around here, when discussing such subjects...

:|

It's a tough situation.. Not sure what happened here... But Normiss brings a good common sense approach to the topic.......( that of LOCKING UP any firearm(s)...) and doesn't deserve to be Chafed by others,,, about it...

My issue is jumping on a bandwagon before the facts are in. The first reports did not mention where the kid got the gun, but people were already blaming the parents.

As for locking up guns... Great idea. I have a safe big enough to put people in for keeping my guns locked up (except for my carry and home defense weapon).

When people get their guns stolen, I am one of the first to jump on them for having 10k worth of guns and not having a 1k dollar safe to keep them protected. That when they buy their first gun, before they buy a second one they should buy a safe.

So I am with anyone that thinks it is a good idea to lock up weapons when not in use.

What I am NOT for is automatically blaming the object. Or blaming the parents for not doing something when the facts are not in yet.

I however do not give parents a pass. They ARE responsible for their children. If your kid is hanging out with a bad group. Change it. If your kid is showing emotional problems... Send them to get help. The CT shooter should have been locked up. But his Mom didn't want to do that. Because of her inaction, people are dead.

It is not the fault of the OBJECT.

As for the other school shooting... It was a COP. A kid took the weapon from the cops bike. I can't fault the cop for having a gun. I can't blame the cop for having it loaded. I can blame the kid for taking something off of the bike.

SkyDekker

***"armed with his parents' gun"

"But for whatever reason, the boy, whom authorities have not identified, took his parents' handgun to school, a federal law enforcement source said."

--------------------------------------------------
From the looks of your avatar you are canadian. If that is the case YOU dont have a 2nd amendment. If you are canadian you dont have far to look how gun registration went in your own country and how difficult it was to create a gun registration database.

Most 13-14 year old kids do not, nor should they ever, have open access to a weapon, much less a loaded one.
In a decent city and school, these kids aren't trading guns, drugs, what have you.
You can almost guarantee that an adult was negligent in the safe keeping of their weapon.
That is criminal and we should fully support serious penalties for kids getting their hands on weapons.

Jumping to that conclusion, more so given some of the news articles is pretty simple. Just look at how often it has happened.

The cop did not secure his weapon if a kid could walk up and steal it from his bike.
Seriously?
That's an acceptable excuse for you?

I see it as a negligent cop. He should be charged.
He has clearly shown he is not a responsible gun owner.