jclalor

Sean Hannity Gets Fact-Checked Hard On Obamacare Claims

"But none of it smelled right to me. Nothing these folks were saying jibed with the basic facts of the Affordable Care Act as I understand them. I understand them fairly well; I have worked as a senior adviser to a governor and helped him deal with the new federal rules."

AHhahaaaaha
aauhahah
ahahahaha.

The original writer of this is actaully claiming he understands the ACA well? Really? What's it grown to again? 10-20k pages, up from 3k? And did he master the regulations which are 30 times longer than the law itself? Please. :S

You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

quade

***that's what she said

As a matter of fact . . .

They say . . . you are getting to old to do it when it takes you all night just to do what you used to do all night.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

quade

***"If there is a law that says a person can't lie to Congress, then why isn't there a law that says Congress can't lie to us? "

That should be a bumper sticker.

Too long.

Illegal to lie to Congress. Legal for Congress to lie. DOWN WITH OBAMA, MURICA' 2016!

That's a bit shorter, lets keep working it.

DaVinci

If you like your doctor you can keep them......

Seems more than one person has lied about the ACA

I have the same insurance and the same doctor. I have yet too hear of anybody I know having to switch doctors.

To you? And if so, why did they?

jclalor

***If you like your doctor you can keep them......

I have the same insurance and the same doctor. I have yet too hear of anybody I know having to switch doctors.

My insurance changed.

I know people that lost their doctor.

DaVinci

******If you like your doctor you can keep them......

My insurance changed.

I know people that lost their doctor.

Why? The ADA does not change employee provided insurance unless it does not meet minimum levels of coverage. These were the companies that got the One year exemption from having to provide a insurance, or insurance that met a minimum level.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/politifact-florida-marco-rubio-says-patients-wont-be-able-to-keep-their/2137135

Why? The ADA does not change employee provided insurance unless it does not meet minimum levels of coverage.

Answered your own question.

These were the companies that got the One year exemption from having to provide a insurance, or insurance that met a minimum level

"If you like what you have... You can keep it". He did not say "For a year".

And if companies changed NOW to meet the standard next year, they still changed to meet the standard. Therefore, it changed.

You are correct. He dumbed the statement down for the masses, and he shouldn't have.

He should have said,

"If you like your doctor, and your company keeps the same coverage they had, and that coverage meets the MINIMUM coverage we think everyone should have, you can keep them. Additionally, if you already carry health insurance that meets the minimum standards set forth, then you can keep your current plan if you so desire. Otherwise, you will have to meet the same standards as everyone else, which may include changing plans, and/or doctors if you currently do not meet the appropriate level of coverage."

"Judge Friedman said Tuesday that he will rule on the merits of the case by February 15.
By then the Obamacare law will be in full swing, nearing the end of its open enrollment period and providing health care services to Americans who sign up for coverage by December 15.
Kazman said his organization would 'take an immediate appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals' in order to get a re-hearing on the motion for an injunction to stop the clock on Obamacare while the larger legal issues are worked out."

"Kazman is general counsel for the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a free-market think tank that is coordinating the case."

Took them quite awhile to think this thing up, why did they wait so long? Gonna be over and done with months before the judge even rules on anything.

Bignugget

"Judge Friedman said Tuesday that he will rule on the merits of the case by February 15.
By then the Obamacare law will be in full swing, nearing the end of its open enrollment period and providing health care services to Americans who sign up for coverage by December 15.
Kazman said his organization would 'take an immediate appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals' in order to get a re-hearing on the motion for an injunction to stop the clock on Obamacare while the larger legal issues are worked out."

"Kazman is general counsel for the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a free-market think tank that is coordinating the case."

Took them quite awhile to think this thing up, why did they wait so long? Gonna be over and done with months before the judge even rules on anything.

Well I think that is why they are appealing to the U.S. Court of Appeals to get a re-hearing.

Just an article I came across that I thought would bring some discussion on the current topic.

Cheers

NEWS UPDATE:

The judge is expected to rule this afternoon on whether the subsidies must be delayed until the court comes to a solution and final ruling. If an injunction in the law is issued, delaying subsidies, the Obama administration would receive another big blow to the roll out of Obamacare.

Last week as part of the government shutdown and debt ceiling deal, lawmakers passed a requirement for Obamacare applicants to provide income verification before receiving subsidies in order to make sure those who do not qualify don't receive them. Subsidies were originally created for people who do not qualify for coverage through Medicaid, Medicare or their employer.