shropshire

Ejuts are a laughing stock of the world

Did you see this story?

http://gma.yahoo.com/republicans-reject-debt-limit-doomsday-predictions-085035868--abc-news-topstories.html

Unbelievable, I never stuck my dick in a blender either but I have a bloody good idea of what would happen. As for we won't default we will just chose who we will pay back:S:S:S REALLY??? Is this the best that America can do for politicians?
If the USA defaults its not just a US issue its a global one and if they do I think the Dollar should be dropped as the reserve currency as it won't be worth much very quickly.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You are getting a good look at what we've been dealing with for years. Career pols on both sides of the aisle have been doing what's best for them for a long, long time, focusing solely on re-election and campaign donations. Those chickens have come home to roost.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

You got that right! The pols have been in office so long, they've forgotten 'why' they are there and have formed their own agendas, thinking only of themselves. They've sold-out the American people. We need to clean house of the 'old guard' and get some fresh faces in there.

Chuck

airdvr

You are getting a good look at what we've been dealing with for years. Career pols on both sides of the aisle have been doing what's best for them for a long, long time, focusing solely on re-election and campaign donations. Those chickens have come home to roost.

To be fair, it's pretty much the same the world over (your ejuts are just high profile at the moment .. and being incredibly childish, even by their standards).

Anyone that wants to be a politician should NEVER be allowed to be one!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I would say, it starts at the White House and trickles-down, We have a president who seems more concerned with his legacy than the American people. The rest of the politicians are more concerned with their personal gain and well being and have hung the American people out to dry. They've all lost sight of the 'job'. Just watch the change in them at election time! It's time to clean house!!

Chuck

I think that you have sumed that up about right sir.

The problems is .. a clean house would probably mean an empty house .. as anyone that 'could' take their places are on the same career path.[:/]

(.)Y(.)

masterrig

You got that right! The pols have been in office so long, they've forgotten 'why' they are there and have formed their own agendas, thinking only of themselves. They've sold-out the American people. We need to clean house of the 'old guard' and get some fresh faces in there.

Chuck

The unfortunate truth is that only 48 or 49% of the people agree. The 51 to 52% of progressive liberals will keep the old guard. They are the low information voters who will believe the last political ad they see.

IMO, it will take a catastrophe to bring about the corrective change. It is known as SHTF. Make whatever preparations you think are sufficient.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

masterrig

A fella can't win for losin'!

I'm not sure what the answer is but it may have something to do with how much we pay these people, the status we afford them and the amount of power we let them grab.

Maybe we need to revisit this equation..... but who am I kidding ? :(

(.)Y(.)

RonD1120

***You got that right! The pols have been in office so long, they've forgotten 'why' they are there and have formed their own agendas, thinking only of themselves. They've sold-out the American people. We need to clean house of the 'old guard' and get some fresh faces in there.

Chuck

The unfortunate truth is that only 48 or 49% of the people agree. The 51 to 52% of progressive liberals will keep the old guard. They are the low information voters who will believe the last political ad they see.

IMO, it will take a catastrophe to bring about the corrective change. It is known as SHTF. Make whatever preparations you think are sufficient.

Seems like there's no sure cure as long as voters continue to fall for the same old song and dance out of the politicians. I don't care for the idea of something catastrophic happening but if that's what it takes...

Chuck

shropshire

***A fella can't win for losin'!

I'm not sure what the answer is but it may have something to do with how much we pay these people, the status we afford them and the amount of power we let them grab.

Maybe we need to revisit this equation..... but who am I kidding ? :(

You may have struck on something! I get the feeling that the word 'entitlement' might be a part of the equation, here. The politicians work hard to get votes, they need to apply some of that effort into doing their job. They are supposed to work for us. I'm not saying they need to hold our little hands but just do the damned jib they are supposed to. To me, they're just a bunch of self-centered slackers.

Chuck

shropshire

do you honestly believe that it matters which party is in control I mean power?

No, not at this juncture.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What's unbelievable is people who think it's OK to keep borrowing and spending. When you are broke, it's might be wise to choose the most important bills to pay. However, nothing will get a person or a country out of debt as long as they keeps spending at an unsustainable rate.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/trouble-paying-bills-debts-tips-32215.html

Skyrad

Did you see this story?

http://gma.yahoo.com/republicans-reject-debt-limit-doomsday-predictions-085035868--abc-news-topstories.html

Unbelievable, I never stuck my dick in a blender either but I have a bloody good idea of what would happen. As for we won't default we will just chose who we will pay back:S:S:S REALLY??? Is this the best that America can do for politicians?
If the USA defaults its not just a US issue its a global one and if they do I think the Dollar should be dropped as the reserve currency as it won't be worth much very quickly.

Just know that this manufactured dooms day senario has only one objective
To both sides
Get the congress critters more money to spend
Period
There will be no default
This argument has happened many times over the last few decades
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Gravitymaster

What's unbelievable is people who think it's OK to keep borrowing and spending. When you are broke, it's might be wise to choose the most important bills to pay. However, nothing will get a person or a country out of debt as long as they keeps spending at an unsustainable rate.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/trouble-paying-bills-debts-tips-32215.html

TRIVIA: Who said this?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

RonD1120

***What's unbelievable is people who think it's OK to keep borrowing and spending. When you are broke, it's might be wise to choose the most important bills to pay. However, nothing will get a person or a country out of debt as long as they keeps spending at an unsustainable rate.

TRIVIA: Who said this?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

oo, oo, I know I know

and this same person voted TWICE against raising it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

masterrig

I would say, it starts at the White House and trickles-down, We have a president who seems more concerned with his legacy than the American people. The rest of the politicians are more concerned with their personal gain and well being and have hung the American people out to dry. They've all lost sight of the 'job'. Just watch the change in them at election time! It's time to clean house!!

Chuck

I say it starts with the people. It is the people who keep voting these politicians in.

There are simply too many people who are single issue voters, or who vote strictly by party.

The current polarization will continue and get much worse before it gets any better.

[Reply]As for we won't default we will just chose who we will pay back REALLY???

Um, actually, yeah. You decide what you need to pay (debt servicing) and you decide what you can get by without. We've got a president threatening to choose NOT to pay for the debts, which is illegal because that has to come first.

The weird thing is that I'm seeing these predictions of catastrophe. Just this year we've had the awful predictions for Sequester and even this shut down. And the American people have gone, "This isn't bad at all."

So the borrowing limit isn't raised? Then Obama and Harry Ried can take credit for balancing the budget.

My wife is hotter than your wife.