RonD1120

BHO's bogus birth certificate revisited

rushmc

In this case it was a percieved evil narrated by the media

A case could be made that Sarah Palin lost McCain the election (it would have been closer, definitely). She wasn't perceived, she was right up there in front of everyone.

Wendy P.

That is BS Wendy
Palin added to the ticket, excited the base, and got him MORE votes

That's BS.

Of all the self created problems faced by the Republican party today the single biggest problem is the idea that their base consists of people who want a candidate like Palin.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

wmw999

So in other words you're saying that my relatives lied to me? One voted for Bush in 2004, both in 2000. They are the kind of close relatives that I talk to.

Or are you saying that I'm a liar when I say that the Palin selection certainly made me stop considering McCain.

Wendy P.

Neither
But the reports and polls show those you know who made those choices were in the minority
Palin helped McCain
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Palin helped McCain

Clearly.

Look, you won't accept this - I get it - but the Republican party, as it is, moves further and further away from the majority of voters. Moves like Palin, Bachman, etc don't do them any favors. People like you are going to vote Republican no matter what, what the party needs to focus on is people like me who WANT another option. Stop doubling down on a failed approach. There's a golden opportunity here, seize it.

Ditch the religious nuts/rhetoric, focus on smaller (but realistic) government, stay the hell out of my life and choices, be fiscally responsible both to the 'little guy' and the 'big guy' - and you've got yourselves a winner (I think).

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

There's an interesting video on YouTube I found that helps explain why multi-party systems devolve into two party systems and further explains why extremism becomes a popular strategy for day-to-day party affairs as opposed to centrism.

Doesn't mean it's right, simply the way it works out.

At least, I found it interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo&list=SPqs5ohhass_QZtSkX06DmWOaEaadwmw_D&index=36
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

good one. Slightly depressing, but interesting.

On a similar topic
'How to fix Washington': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAgE1CUch3Q&list=PL021D171CF690B849

I thought there are some good ideas in this one too.

That is BS Wendy

Sorry, I am not buying that. Palin created a lot of excitement initially, the soccer mom and all that, but as we got closer to voting day, most people had plenty of time to see just how fucking stupid she really is.

I think she did him in. But not to say that anyone else would have done better. 8 years of GWB also did in the Republicans in general.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/us/politics/31poll.html?_r=0 just one example

But back to the birth certificate.....why are we revisiting this again? The State of Hawaii already produced it. It is not actually the President's job to produce his own birth certificate. It's like saying I need to produce a passport. If I do not have one, I go to the government and get one. The GOVERNMENT actually issues the document. And in this case, that was done, signed sealed and delivered.

I want to see the Republicans put Ted Cruz on the plate for 2016 and then explain the 'naturalized citizen' thing all to us again.....

I have every bit of confidence that the Republicans will attempt to win in 2016 by putting "really stupid and crazy" on the ticket. can't wait.

Agree with Ian & TK.

With just simple numbers; population of 330m and someone as dimwitted as Palin is the best you have? It would have been an international embarrassment to have her in office.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

billvon

>What is your definition of innocent?

People who do not believe that they are part of your "last stand."

Do I have to point out ridiculousness of your statement?

At this point I am only interested in family and friends.

The same is true for God. He is not going to drag anyone kicking and screaming into His heaven. In both the physical enclave and the spiritual paradise, you have to want to be there.

Being on the inside looking out, I can warn, advise, encourage but, I cannot force you or anyone to consider the truth.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I've lost track of what this thread is about - Obama's birthplace, Sarah Palin's 55 IQ, or standard issue "Fire & Brimstone" Jesus talk.

Your country could be that little bit better if less time was spent preparing a battle from your fortified bunker, return of Jesus or spacecraft to take you away. Maybe spend that time/effort to make things better.

Some of the statistics thrown around here - fuck?? Google some stats on percentage of Americans that believe in Sasquatches or think they have been abducted by UFOs.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

ianmdrennan

Palin helped McCain

Clearly.

Look, you won't accept this - I get it - but the Republican party, as it is, moves further and further away from the majority of voters. Moves like Palin, Bachman, etc don't do them any favors. People like you are going to vote Republican no matter what, what the party needs to focus on is people like me who WANT another option. Stop doubling down on a failed approach. There's a golden opportunity here, seize it.

Ditch the religious nuts/rhetoric, focus on smaller (but realistic) government, stay the hell out of my life and choices, be fiscally responsible both to the 'little guy' and the 'big guy' - and you've got yourselves a winner (I think).

Ian

Yet another false statement

what positions has the republican party moved right in the last 10 years?
None
The Dems and progressives having been moving left at warp speed the last 10 years
As you move with them, it just looks as you state
Abraham Lincoln

tkhayes

That is BS Wendy

Sorry, I am not buying that. Palin created a lot of excitement initially, the soccer mom and all that, but as we got closer to voting day, most people had plenty of time to see just how fucking stupid she really is.

I think she did him in. But not to say that anyone else would have done better. 8 years of GWB also did in the Republicans in general.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/us/politics/31poll.html?_r=0 just one example

But back to the birth certificate.....why are we revisiting this again? The State of Hawaii already produced it. It is not actually the President's job to produce his own birth certificate. It's like saying I need to produce a passport. If I do not have one, I go to the government and get one. The GOVERNMENT actually issues the document. And in this case, that was done, signed sealed and delivered.

I want to see the Republicans put Ted Cruz on the plate for 2016 and then explain the 'naturalized citizen' thing all to us again.....

I have every bit of confidence that the Republicans will attempt to win in 2016 by putting "really stupid and crazy" on the ticket. can't wait.

What you are buying is irrelevant

If one cares to look at the numbers found by those who research that election, you will find more vote for McCain that would have without Palin

The positions you and Wendy take are driven by the media hype that was generated to destroy her
The same visceral hype we see with any candidate the left feels threatened by
Abraham Lincoln

RMK

I've lost track of what this thread is about - Obama's birthplace, Sarah Palin's 55 IQ, or standard issue "Fire & Brimstone" Jesus talk.

Your country could be that little bit better if less time was spent preparing a battle from your fortified bunker, return of Jesus or spacecraft to take you away. Maybe spend that time/effort to make things better.

Some of the statistics thrown around here - fuck?? Google some stats on percentage of Americans that believe in Sasquatches or think they have been abducted by UFOs.

In America everything is divided into choosing sides for ongoing conflict. Right now it's the beginning of football season so that is the major focus of battle. We don't bring the NFL to SC for some reason. Maybe those battles are in Bonfire.

As for the religious controversy, it is a personal vendetta against me and a few others. It makes no difference what I post the reaction is always the same that is, anti-Christian. The explanation for such reactions are clearly described in the Scriptures. Therefore, every time I am assaulted I know I am on the right path in my life's journey.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Keep believing that, and keep losing.

The Republican party is in a sad state of affairs, whether you see it or not is irrelevant.

For the "party of responsibility" they sure do spend a lot of time blaming everyone else for their failures. Sometimes, as hard as it is, you need to step back - reflect, and regroup with a new strategy. The Republican party desperately needs this, IMO.

Ian

As for the religious controversy, it is a personal vendetta against me and a few others. It makes no difference what I post the reaction is always the same that is, anti-Christian. The explanation for such reactions are clearly described in the Scriptures. Therefore, every time I am assaulted I know I am on the right path in my life's journey.

The only time I see you 'attacked' is when you post far out there religious/survivalist nonsense. There are plenty of people here, who are of Christian faith, who don't seem to share your persecution.

Ian

ianmdrennan

The only time I see you 'attacked' is when you post far out there religious/survivalist nonsense. There are plenty of people here, who are of Christian faith, who don't seem to share your persecution.

Ian

I am one of the watchmen on the wall. Your declaration of nonsense is evidence of your ignorance. And that sir is of no consequence to me.

2 Cor. 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

ianmdrennan

Thanks for proving my point, Ron.

You're pretty far out there brother.

Folks have said that about me for as long as I can remember, long before I became a born again Christian.

People who live in the center of the Bell curve believe they are at the high point of life. In reality they are just average.

RonD1120

People who live in the center of the Bell curve believe they are at the high point of life. In reality they are just average.

What?

Nobody believes that. You've just made it up because you think it sounds pithy.

Your faith is making you come across as arrogant and sanctimonious. It's not a good way to win people round to your viewpoint.

yoink

Your faith is making you come across as arrogant and sanctimonious. It's not a good way to win people round to your viewpoint.

He's not here to win people to his viewpoint, but rather to warn us in the loving and caring name of Jesus about how we're going to rot in hell while he's sitting pretty behind the pearly gates. He's also here to remind us that Barack HUSSEIN Obama is an illegal alien, a Muslim and a communist conspiring with Satan himself to destroy America.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.