quade

Do we have to make it this easy?

quade

Okay, so I'll put you and Rush down as supporting evil kids having easy access to guns.

Awesome.

Whatever blows your skirt up. Make sure to leave some space in your diary between that and Sarah Palin asking for an extra pillow mint at her hotel...I don't think her evil shenanigans are over, yet.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

And if they were killing someone because "they were bored," then I'm going to guess that they didn't legally aquire the gun. But I don't know.

If the account higher up is correct about the weapon being a .22 revolver (really?), then it's entirely possible it was a gift from one of the kids' dad or mom.

Still, in the hands of somebody who is demonstrably a psychopath, not a good thing.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***let's make it illegal for teenagers to buy handguns. oh wait...

Who said it was a handgun?

fair enough. Since they were all under 18 (they are 15,16,17) it doesn't matter. They were in possession of the gun illegally.

If it was in one of their homes and unsecured, then whoever didn't secure it should also be facing charges.
--
Rob

quade

If the account higher up is correct about the weapon being a .22 revolver (really?), then it's entirely possible it was a gift from one of the kids' dad or mom.

I like how you're basing your arguments on nothing but conjecture:

"we don't have the details, but", "I might decide", "could be a perfectly legal gun", "it's entirely possible it was a gift from one of the kids' dad or mom".

How can anyone argue against your imagination? Granted, you might be right on any given point, but there's no evidence yet that we have found to say one way or another.
-Calvin

Lefty

***If the account higher up is correct about the weapon being a .22 revolver (really?), then it's entirely possible it was a gift from one of the kids' dad or mom.

I like how you're basing your arguments on nothing but conjecture.

I'm not arguing. I'm not stating it as fact. I'm stating a possibility. Hence the words, "then it's entirely possible."
quade -

quade

I'm not arguing. I'm not stating it as fact. I'm stating a possibility. Hence the words, "then it's entirely possible."

Mmmmhmmm...yet you feel confident enough to make the tortured mental leap, based on these "possibilities", that I want evil kids to have guns. Please.
-Calvin

futuredivot

***Well, anything that slowed the kids down, even a little bit, from using a gun to commit the crime -may- have given them second thoughts about committing the crime.

So now you're in favor of capital punishment for minors?

And since we're dealing in possibilities in this thread, it's also possible that quade wants speed limits reduced to 5mph. That would have, quite literally, slowed the kids down.
-Calvin

Good luck ever stopping gang banger thugs from killing people. Not gonna happen. Not only because they are encouraged to commit every crime imaginable, including murder, but it's considered cool. And look at their fucking parents. "My son didn't do it. He's a good boy." Are you fucking kidding me? Take one look at their facebook pages and tell me they are good kids. I hope they get ass raped in prison for the rest of their pathetic lives.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

quade

***Also:
People under the age of 18 aren't able to legally buy firearms (already a law).

They can't legally BUY them, but there is no law in Oklahoma saying people under 18 can't OWN them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oklahoma#Minors_and_Firearms

So, this could be a "perfectly legal" gun . . . in the hands of someone who is demonstrably a psychopath.

I always find it interesting when people lie and provide citations that show it. Do you really expect no one to check up?

from your citation: "Minors may own firearms that are given to them by their parents, relatives, or legal guardians. However, they may not generally possess firearms unsupervised until they are 18 years of age. There are exceptions to this rule, such as when a minor possessing a hunting license (and having passed a hunter's safety course) is hunting, possession of firearm(s) on certain types of private property, and possession of firearm(s) in one's own home."

I love how you eventually preface this with "I have no fucking clue what really happened. BUT I'll still make a lot of stupid conclusions anyway."

Making this about guns is missing the point, again. They ran up behind this guy and shot him in the back, for no apparent reason. The baseball bat would have worked just as well in the circumstance.

Thanks to their prolific (and really stupid) facebook postings, we know they had access to many weapons and many $100 bills. Now either they're dealing, and therefore would easily be able to obtain weapons along with the drugs, or they have truly negligent parents who will receive criminal sanctions for providing such access. The article I read from an alternate thread has the parents insisting their kids are good (despite criminal histories).

(can't wait till we have the thread about how awful it is to execute minors like these)

futuredivot

***Well, anything that slowed the kids down, even a little bit, from using a gun to commit the crime -may- have given them second thoughts about committing the crime.

Not really sure where that's coming from.

Execution for minors is off the table. That said, life without parole might be appropriate.
quade -

quade

******Well, anything that slowed the kids down, even a little bit, from using a gun to commit the crime -may- have given them second thoughts about committing the crime.

Execution for minors is off the table. That said, life without parole might be appropriate.

You said ANYTHING, and EVEN A LITTLE BIT. In a 3 strikes world, life doesn't really have the same impact.

kelpdiver

*********Well, anything that slowed the kids down, even a little bit, from using a gun to commit the crime -may- have given them second thoughts about committing the crime.

You said ANYTHING, and EVEN A LITTLE BIT. In a 3 strikes world, life doesn't really have the same impact.

You will not find wide-spread support for juvenile executions pretty much anywhere in the civilized world (except maybe females in the Middle-East for shit that isn't even their fault).
quade -

quade

You will not find wide-spread support for juvenile executions pretty much anywhere in the civilized world (except maybe females in the Middle-East for shit that isn't even their fault).

So why do you support them? Just because it might have slowed the kids down doesn't mean it's right, quade.

Edit: Ah, I see you took them off the table. So anything that might slow the kids down except the threat of execution, then.
-Calvin

quade

******Why do you support evil kids having guns?

:D:D
At least you admit it is about the kids and not the tools

No. It's also about the tool. That's precisely what I've been talking about.

If I were a punk and decided to commit a random killing, the tool I picked for the job would matter quite a bit. Without access to a gun, I might decide not to commit the crime at all.

Woulda coulda shoulda - Might - Might Not . . .

A knife or even a brick can kill too . . . stop reaching, you'll hurt your back.:P

If they were that bored, and that much lacking in parental guidance, you have to admit it is more likely they would have just tried a different angle of attack.

It comes down to proper parenting.
Proper parents would have seen problems emerging in the personalities.
Proper parents would have taught them better.
Proper parents would not have let this progress to this point.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm wondering if these kids are members of the Krips? One of them has a picture on his Facebook page with a blue bandana over his face. That's one of the Krips identifiers. Perhaps if the Police had instituted a Stop and Frisk program in which they profiled people who wore gang symbols, that would be more productive than advocating for background checks. Especially effective at identifying teenagers before they begin their career as criminals.

Now I know this is going to make some heads explode, but it would be more effective than harassing law abiding citizens.

Here's some help.

http://www.shannonscorner.com/downloads/Gang_Awareness.pdf

It is also entirely possible:

1. They stole the weapon.
2. They bought the weapon on the black market.
3. They stole the weapon off of the last guy they killed
4. They made the weapon
5. They went back in time and bought the weapon before it was illegal.
6. They went forward in time and bought it when they were 18 and then gave it to themselves...

Lots of possibilities. ;)

Funny how you went with the one that seems to support your position.... Never mind that even the Mancin Toomey bill would not have prevented their parents from giving it to them.

So what law would you like to see that would have prevented this? In detail please.

DaVinci

It is also entirely possible:

1. They stole the weapon.
2. They bought the weapon on the black market.
3. They stole the weapon off of the last guy they killed
4. They made the weapon
5. They went back in time and bought the weapon before it was illegal.
6. They went forward in time and bought it when they were 18 and then gave it to themselves...

Lots of possibilities. ;)

Funny how you went with the one that seems to support your position.... Never mind that even the Mancin Toomey bill would not have prevented their parents from giving it to them.

So what law would you like to see that would have prevented this? In detail please.

Remind me NEVER to play twister with quade:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

quade

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/08/we-were-bored-so-we-decided-to-kill-somebody/278858/

Sure, the murderers could have absolutely used other weapons.

But do we have to make it THIS easy?

These kids are poster children for mandatory abortion.

Now they qualify for retroactive abortion. May it be swift and sure.

winsor

***http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/08/we-were-bored-so-we-decided-to-kill-somebody/278858/

+1
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

winsor

***http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/08/we-were-bored-so-we-decided-to-kill-somebody/278858/

This is late term abortion I can support. :D:D

[Reply]Well, anything that slowed the kids down, even a little bit, from using a gun to commit the crime -may- have given them second thoughts about committing the crime.

Like the time it took for them to travel to a different neighborhood to kill someone? This was a deliberated plan. This is like Leopold and Loeb. They wanted to kill someone. They did.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

[Reply]Well, anything that slowed the kids down, even a little bit, from using a gun to commit the crime -may- have given them second thoughts about committing the crime.

Like the time it took for them to travel to a different neighborhood to kill someone? This was a deliberated plan. This is like Leopold and Loeb. They wanted to kill someone. They did.

And it's not the first time either. As fucked up as it is i seem to recall this exact scenario happening every few years. Kids kill someone "to see how it feels." We're talking about some serious psychological issues here but it's not new and not unique.

I used to date a girl who's best friend was murdered by her classmates. They were bored and wanted to see what it felt like to take a life.

http://tinyurl.com/lcx67py
Fiend

I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes.