rushmc

I was just told I am a right wing extremeist

So, I thought I would put out here what I stand for and see what others think is extreme

I stand for;

A less intrusive government
Which means to me, less regulation, more privacy than we have now, fewer depts., schools run locally with no federal interference, a simpler taxing system (note, I did not say no taxation) I think the IRS needs to be eliminated as both parties abuse its power, the EPA as we know it needs to be eliminated (I am not saying we should have nothing to replace the EPA) laws need to be made by lawmakers and the power to make law (aka, policies and regs) taken away from the bureaucrats. All fed lawmakers should be forced to accept and live under the laws they make the rest of us live under. NO EXCEPTIONS. Obamacare needs to be eliminated (note, I am not saying there should be no HC reforms)

I believe in Personal responsibility
This list is huge

We return to a Constitutional government as intended by the founding fathers
The powers of the Fed gov are spelled out in the Constitution. The Federal government has moved so far beyond, sadly.

There is much much more. Please, add to it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

So, I thought I would put out here what I stand for and see what others think is extreme

I stand for;

A less intrusive government
Which means to me, less regulation, more privacy than we have now, fewer depts., schools run locally with no federal interference, a simpler taxing system (note, I did not say no taxation) I think the IRS needs to be eliminated as both parties abuse its power, the EPA as we know it needs to be eliminated (I am not saying we should have nothing to replace the EPA) laws need to be made by lawmakers and the power to make law (aka, policies and regs) taken away from the bureaucrats. All fed lawmakers should be forced to accept and live under the laws they make the rest of us live under. NO EXCEPTIONS. Obamacare needs to be eliminated (note, I am not saying there should be no HC reforms)

This list is huge

We return to a Constitutional government as intended by the founding fathers
The powers of the Fed gov are spelled out in the Constitution. The Federal government has moved so far beyond, sadly.

There is much much more. Please, add to it

You sound like a Pinko to me, boy.

noble thought but that cannot be legislated. And the Constitution defines a government, so we WILL have a government, no matter what. people agree and disagree on what the 'line' is on their government on many issues.

extremist? probably not, any more than I am. but ideological to an impractical end? I could buy that description of you.

i.e. eliminating the EPA simply means we go back to the days of industry dumping PCB's into waterways, and you hoping that they will be 'responsible' when they are driven by only money.

again, a noble thought, but I want someone monitoring dangerous chemicals in our lives and I am willing to pay for that service (by the government, not another privately contracted for-profit corporation)

tkhayes

noble thought but that cannot be legislated. And the Constitution defines a government, so we WILL have a government, no matter what. people agree and disagree on what the 'line' is on their government on many issues.

extremist? probably not, any more than I am. but ideological to an impractical end? I could buy that description of you.

i.e. eliminating the EPA simply means we go back to the days of industry dumping PCB's into waterways, and you hoping that they will be 'responsible' when they are driven by only money.

again, a noble thought, but I want someone monitoring dangerous chemicals in our lives and I am willing to pay for that service (by the government, not another privately contracted for-profit corporation)

You do not describe my views or beliefs very well here. Heck, I wonder if you totally read my op but
Thanks
I am not going to debate what others post here as I asked for it
marc
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

You do not describe my views or beliefs very well here. Heck, I wonder if you totally read my op but
Thanks
I am not going to debate what others post here as I asked for it
marc

I agree with you. Idealistic, yes maybe so but, I believe reaching beyond your grasp is a good thing if morally grounded.

Personal responsibility may not be able to be legislated but, it can be taught by moral parents who believe in God and teach their children that in the end you are held accountable.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

"Personal responsibility may not be able to be legislated but, it can be taught by moral parents who believe in God and teach their children that in the end you are held accountable."

So do you think personal responsibility can be taught by moral parents that do not believe in God??
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

"Personal responsibility may not be able to be legislated but, it can be taught by moral parents who believe in God and teach their children that in the end you are held accountable."

So do you think personal responsibility can be taught by moral parents that do not believe in God??

Yes, I do
but answer me this
From where is a moral standard measured?
Abraham Lincoln

Damn good question. I am not a religious person and I did not raise my son in any church.. I do believe I raised him to be responsible.
The thing is I was raised in the Lutheran religion so I cannot say that I was not influenced by that upbringing in believing what is right and what is wrong.

Damn had my own question turned around on me thank you for making me think :)

Rick

Damn good question. I am not a religious person and I did not raise my son in any church.. I do believe I raised him to be responsible.
The thing is I was raised in the Lutheran religion so I cannot say that I was not influenced by that upbringing in believing what is right and what is wrong.

you are welcome

Let me add

Standards of good and bad were set a some point

and either religions followed that standard or were out front

I dont know which came first other that to state the earlist known writings concerning this were religious or biblical (I think)

But, I also think we instictively know good from evil being human. Most of us do anyway.

And good people who are parents usually raise good children. With or without religion IMO
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Damn good question. I am not a religious person and I did not raise my son in any church.. I do believe I raised him to be responsible.

you are welcome

Let me add

I dont know which came first other that to state the earlist known writings concerning this were religious or biblical (I think)

But, I also think we instictively know good from evil being human. Most of us do anyway.

And good people who are parents usually raise good children. With or without religion IMO

Lol @ this.

And yes I think you are an extremist.

Bignugget

******Damn good question. I am not a religious person and I did not raise my son in any church.. I do believe I raised him to be responsible.

you are welcome

Let me add

Lol @ this.

This then tells me you are a left wing extremeist
Welcome to the club
Abraham Lincoln

Bignugget

******Damn good question. I am not a religious person and I did not raise my son in any church.. I do believe I raised him to be responsible.

you are welcome

Let me add

Lol @ this.

How so?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Bignugget

you are welcome

Let me add

Lol @ this.

not sure which part you find funny??

He didn't ask for expansion on the opinions.

Just wanted opinions.

But since you asked.

I have only ever seen him post horribly slanted vitriol against the president, scream bloody left wing conspiracy about almost anything, refuse to acknowledge the need to control arms in the nation (or even discuss it), etc, etc.

Not real "middle of the aisle" type stuff.

So I would opine he is on the EXTREME side of the right aisle.

Rick

Yes, but, I think the evidence for such is sadly lacking. That is the main backslide in America today. No one wants to accept responsibility.

When the POTUS won't accept personal responsibility why should anyone else?

When you are taught that you can make your own rules, rule number one is don't get caught. If you do get caught, rule number two is have a good lawyer.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Bignugget

He didn't ask for expansion on the opinions.

Just wanted opinions.

But since you asked.

I have only ever seen him post horribly slanted vitriol against the president, scream bloody left wing conspiracy about almost anything, refuse to acknowledge the need to control arms in the nation (or even discuss it), etc, etc.

Examples please

Specificaly the vitrol part
Abraham Lincoln

Still waiting on the vitrol example
Thanks
Abraham Lincoln

Bullshit, moral values change over time. 150 years ago it was morally totally OK to own slaves, beat your wife and children and take land from the natives...

That is total contradiction. Either people know good from evil or they are taught it by their parents... Which is it ?

ibx

That is total contradiction. Either people know good from evil or they are taught it by their parents... Which is it ?

Really, you don't believe that it could be a combination of the two? Some inherent understanding with some parental guidance?
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Labels are for suckers. Be who you are. We are each complex people with complex beliefs and unique perspectives. There is simply no way a label can encapsulate all that. Labels are used by simple minds to simplify their lives, all at the cost of accuracy.
Edit: spelling error.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Really, you don't believe that it could be a combination of the two? Some inherent understanding with some parental guidance?

Nope, I personally believe that moral values are mainly based on the society in which one is raised. Change takes a very long time and always has to overcome major opposition... See the civil war. The French revolution and so on...
This discussion is very very complex though and far from decided... I think most people though are intrinsically good, at least to their circle of empathy... Thanks to globalization and instant communication your circle of empathy should cover most of mankind...