rushmc

Bill O'Reilly nails it!! Very Similar to what Bill Cosby has been saying for years

I don't know what to say:

If true - then this woman let a predator go scott free for decades. She would have failed to protect anyone else victimized in that time period. Just to bring it up when the predator is now unable to commit the crime. That's not justice (protecting the rest of society) now, it's just someone needing closure. It still needs to be brought out IMO. Predators need to be stopped, period. Actions must have consequences.

If false - then it's despicable

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

If true - then this woman let a predator go scott free for decades. She would have failed to protect anyone else victimized in that time period. Just to bring it up when the predator is now unable to commit the crime. That's not justice (protecting the rest of society) now, it's just someone needing closure. It still needs to be brought out IMO. Predators need to be stopped, period. Actions must have consequences.

Better late than never, if true. At least he will know he's been found out. But he will have already known for years that he was going to burn in hell.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

rehmwa

I agree with you too

Wendy must have thought it to be true right off the bat

But, as I have posted before, for the media it the seriousness of the CHARGE (and of course who is charged)

He is guilty already to many
Me? I have no idea
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hi Paul,

If this woman was raped, then there was a time and place for this to be brought up.

I have read a fair amount about the trauma of rape. Personally, I cannot understand the effects that it might have on a woman.

My newspaper, The Oregonian, is currently running a 3-part series on a woman who was raped by a number of Oregon State University football players about 18 yrs ago.

It is only now that she can discuss this matter.

If you have a wife, ask her how she feels about this 'late coming forward' idea.

I have no facts regarding what she is saying. However, there is a lot 'to be said' about Cosby being so very quiet about it. This morning's WSJ had an article on it.

Jerry Baumchen

Your posts usually leave me puzzled/amused, but I'm curious how O'Reilly and yourself have a better understanding of what it's like to grow up as a black man - than say ...an actual black man.

Bad people come in all colours. WTF, O'Reilly's ramblings go into to blaming it on rap music. Rap music wouldn't be big business to start with if not being followed/purchased mostly by white suburban kids.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

BillyVance

***[Reply]I do not understand why any of this is happening now.

Because it's been 20 years since Cosby's career was relevant. He's recently had the attempted PR blitz. That's why it's happening.

I was discussing this situation with my wife last night. Neither of us wants to believe it. But the decades of image cultivation is also, unfortunately, not inconsistent with it.

Yeah, Cosby was a beloved TV actor who projected the image of a good father figure, and he had a powerful PR machine keeping that going for years. I'm guessing the women coming out now felt either intimidated or felt like no one would believe them then.

So he is guilty already

Nice:|
Abraham Lincoln

RMK

Your posts usually leave me puzzled/amused, but I'm curious how O'Reilly and yourself have a better understanding of what it's like to grow up as a black man - than say ...an actual black man.

Bad people come in all colours. WTF, O'Reilly's ramblings go into to blaming it on rap music. Rap music wouldn't be big business to start with if not being followed/purchased mostly by white suburban kids.

It isnt so much what you post as the attitude of the perpetual victim

I read a bood by a college professor who stated basicly the same thing as this and he was villied by the left

So help me a bit

What is an "actual black man"?
Abraham Lincoln

if one person makes accusations; maybe lets have a discerning look.

if three/four/five unrelated people make the same or similar accusations; we may have something here.

My advice to young woman visiting the Cosby household on their own - I'd decline Bill's offer of glass of wine.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

if one person makes accusations; maybe lets have a discerning look.

if three/four/five unrelated people make the same or similar accusations; we may have something here.

My advice to young woman visiting the Cosby household on their own - I'd decline Bill's offer of glass of wine.

With this agree
but this does NOT make him guilty of anything
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***if one person makes accusations; maybe lets have a discerning look.

With this agree
but this does NOT make him guilty of anything

He might be quilty of being an immense douche bag. Or he might be guilty of taking advantage of vulnerable women.

He might be guilty of a lot of things even if he is never found guilty in a criminal court.

SkyDekker

He might be guilty of a lot of things even if he is never found guilty in a criminal court.

Which makes him inocent in this country

I understand this a hard concept for you to understand
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

No it doesn't.

Most of us are pretty sure OJ Simpson is not innocent, even though he was found not guilty in court.

(I don't know if Crosby is innocent or guilty of rape, I do know that from the way he is handling this he is guilty of at least being a douche bag.)

SkyDekker

No it doesn't.

Most of us are pretty sure OJ Simpson is not innocent, even though he was found not guilty in court.

(I don't know if Crosby is innocent or guilty of rape, I do know that from the way he is handling this he is guilty of at least being a douche bag.)

With the statute of limitations long since run out, that is about all he can be found guilty of... And I can't believe there IS a statute of limitations for rape charges... :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

JerryBaumchen

Hi Paul,

If this woman was raped, then there was a time and place for this to be brought up.

I have read a fair amount about the trauma of rape. Personally, I cannot understand the effects that it might have on a woman.

My newspaper, The Oregonian, is currently running a 3-part series on a woman who was raped by a number of Oregon State University football players about 18 yrs ago.

It is only now that she can discuss this matter.

If you have a wife, ask her how she feels about this 'late coming forward' idea.

I have no facts regarding what she is saying. However, there is a lot 'to be said' about Cosby being so very quiet about it. This morning's WSJ had an article on it.

Jerry Baumchen

Jerry,

Your point would almost be valid if the woman making the stink had been so traumatized she had previously never spoken of it. The fact is though, she tried to make a case years ago for sexual harassment / inappropriate sexual behavior years ago, took it to the DA and the DA said it wasn't enough to make it stick.

NOW she's changed her story somewhat and includes drugging and raping.

The human mind is a funny thing. It can take a story over time and twist it quite a bit and with each retelling add on to it as well. It's entirely possible this woman believes what she says, but there is absolutely zero evidence to support it.

None.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

SkyDekker

No it doesn't.

If one carefully and dispassionately examines all facets of the position he's in, he really has no other practical choice but to stay silent.

... And I can't believe there IS a statute of limitations for rape charges...

I think that is a left-over from the days when evidence was more perishable, mainly witness memory. After a long time memories are no longer reliable, and much of the evidence (especially evidence needed to prove an alibi) is no longer accessible. If you were, today, to be accused of committing a rape exactly 30 years ago, would you be able to prove you were somewhere else and could not have committed the crime on Nov 20 1984? What is the right thing to do when a fair trial is no longer possible?

That being said, certain forms of forensic evidence, such as DNA, can be stored indefinitely. Such improvements in technology may (where such evidence is available) make the logic behind statutes of limitation moot.

Don

Hi Paul,

tried to make a case years ago

About the same as the woman here in Oregon.

She went to the authorities and got poo-poo'd. They started telling her about how she would have to testify, etc, etc. I wish that I could give more of the details but I cannot remember the article word for word.

Then, much like a turtle, she pulled back into herself & put up a wall of silence. It is only now ( 18 yrs later ) that she has the courage to come forward.

It is too late to do anything to the guys that raped her, but maybe now she can get rid of/shed some of the traumatic after effects.

The human mind is a funny thing. It can take a story over time and twist it quite a bit

I absolutely agree; I know from personal experience.

Jerry Baumchen

billvon

>What is an "actual black man"?
followed by:
>are you playing Mr Obvious today???

Now that is a classic Marc Rush thread. Dumb question followed by an answer, followed by "that was dumb."

Sorry Bill
I really do not understand his point
But I understand an ass hat comment
Abraham Lincoln

IMO, I think what he meant by "actual black man" is a ghetto thug, gang banger, drug dealer, pimp, baby making welfare supporter.

People of color outside of that environment are called conservatives or libertarians.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.