regulator

Rioting over the zimmerman case should be an embarrasment to blacks

I probably watch more Fox than MSNBC, FYI. Sharpton is like listening to fingernails down a chalkboard. I can actually formulate my own opinions based on real information.

Jesse Jackson - what? you must be kidding.

I might watch 10 minutes of Rachel Maddow once in a while because she has a PhD and is a Rhodes Scholar. And she generally calls it like it is and gives it to both sides pretty equally (albeit giving it to the right is far easier these days with all the loonies they have at the top)

And yes they ARE in fact fanning the flames of racism. You get they are. And if I was black, I would be there with them. But I am white and enjoying it.

DanG

No to both.

No to both what? There was only one question. Are you saying that you not only don't work for the government, but you don't work in DC either?

Sucks when they spit the hook doesn't it?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

tkhayes

And if I was black, I would be there with them. But I am white and enjoying it.

Ok

I am asking

You are enjoying blacks getting used by the media and Dems?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

End the drug wars, legalize everything and tax it. (pot at least for a start), empty the prisons of all possession/use convictions, remove mandatory sentencing, and similar 3-strike rules, end stop and frisk, that might be a start.

note that NONE of those things have anything to do with race, but the end result would.....

You are enjoying blacks getting used by the media and Dems?

You are enjoying regular conservative folks getting used by the Koch Brothers?

it's tit for tat. I get why black people are pissed off - it's that simple. They should be. The systems in this country are fucked.

greatest country in the world my ass. We were are we could be but we can't help ourselves....

tkhayes

End the drug wars, Agree legalize everything Too much deadly junk to do that and tax it. (pot at least for a start), agree empty the prisons of all possession/use convictions,agree to the use maybe the possession in smaller quantities remove mandatory sentencing, and similar 3-strike rules, agree to some, still want a gun use specification end stop and frisk,meh that might be a start.

note that NONE of those things have anything to do with race, but the end result would.....

That's a good start...

e.t.a...I'm all about ending wasteful spending. There's a few entitlements that need to go as well.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Yeah, I'll admit I was trying to get him to admit he works for the government.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if he's a real person. I grew up outside of DC, and lived in the city for about 6 years. The city I knew could certainly be rough in some areas, but it's not the Max Mad environment he thinks it is.

- Dan G

tkhayes

back to my original post. White people don't whine because they are not being regularly discriminated against by a system that is biased by color.

When was the last time you got stopped and frisked for no good reason?

Perhaps I dont get pulled over and frisked for no reason because I choose to not stand out in a crowd. Two years ago some idiot DJ decided it would be a great idea to have all the hoodrats come down to surfside close to where I live. I was at the boat ramp pulling my boat out from a day of fishing when we looked at the bridge. There were thousands of cars with people driving very fast on the shoulder and endangering anyone in their path. After waiting for over 15 minutes someone finally let me out and the line of cars went all the way through lake jackson and towards angleton. Fast forward to a few weeks ago. There are two cars in front of me...one is a cadillac with hydros and rims that protrude 9 inches out the side of the car with the car bouncing up and down. The second car is a toyota corolla...totally normal looking with the same amount of black men inside. I went to the beach and came back...the caddy was getting towed and the occupants were arrested for whatever reason. The other car with the same amount of black men inside never got pulled over. Go figure.

Perhaps I dont get pulled over and frisked for no reason because I choose to not stand out in a crowd.

arguably you do not stand out in a crowd because you are white.

having rims and bouncing does not sound to me like 'suspicious activity, anymore than carrying a sidearm is.

If you got stopped frisked and questioned about carrying your sidearm, you would be screaming bloody hell.

If you got questioned because your car 'looked funny' you would also be screaming bloody hell.

have a car with rims is not a crime, nor should it be treated as such.

I am more conservative than you think.

davjohns

***>I cannot comprehend not being able to defend yourself from a violent attacker.

Martin knew what that felt like - at least for a few moments before he died.

The evidence showed that Martin was the attacker. Are we talking about the same case?

I missed that evidence.

Can you expand on that?

I heard testimony both ways on who the voice yelling for help was...

Where was the evidence that showed Martin attacked Zimmerman (after running away and being chased down by Zimmerman.....)?

IMO you come running me down after I have tried to get away, THAT is the first act of aggression. From then on I am defending myself.

I welcome the evidence that showed Martin was the one who initiated contact body to body though.

I see a young kid much less mature and physically capable as Zimmerman, who was chased down by an armed older man, and killed....I am 29 years old...I would never chase a 17 year old kid down and assault/murder him....much less while being on the phone with 911.....after witnessing NOTHING other than a kid walking down the street.

I know you were military, you guys shoot first ask questions later.

I am a peaceful cat, I ask questions, and then RUN AWAY like Martin did, and pray someone all militant like Zimmerman doesn't chase me down and kill me.

Ultimately here it seems it boils down to the old schoolyard "Who threw the first punch" I would argue chasing someone down in an aggressive manner is the first punch, but I welcome opposing views that it must be an actual assault...I just saw no evidence presented of who threw the first punch....other than self serving statements of the winner..

Post that evidence up.

DanG

Yeah, I'll admit I was trying to get him to admit he works for the government.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if he's a real person. I grew up outside of DC, and lived in the city for about 6 years. The city I knew could certainly be rough in some areas, but it's not the Max Mad environment he thinks it is.

I'm more real than you believe.

[/url]http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/19/violent-crime-dc-surges-2012/?page=all[url]

"The biggest increase was in the 1st District, which includes Capitol Hill, where violent crime jumped by 69 percent, with 110 incidents reported compared with 65 at this point last year. The highest increase was in the 7th District, east of the Anacostia River, where 181 were reported, up 43 percent from the 127 incidents recorded at this point in 2011."

Bring over your nice car you bought for your retirement with the spoke wheels and we'll take a ride through Anacostia at 2am in the morning or anytime for that matter. I'll ride shotgun wearing body armor. LOL

>I paid for all my education including that of my kids: about $250,000.00. No govt help,
>so don't make assumptions.

Ah, sorry. So you don't use roads. Do you live in the woods, then?

>Perhaps I should become a liberal to get all the free stuff.

Or move to one of the red welfare states.

Tea Party protester: "Get your government hands off my Medicare!"

>Liberals though, love the waste. They want to tax the law abiding tax paying citizens

And conservatives want to kill all the Muslims. I heard it on the Rachel Maddow show. Even Muslim children! Won't someone think of the children?

billvon

>I paid for all my education including that of my kids: about $250,000.00. No govt help,
>so don't make assumptions.

Ah, sorry. So you don't use roads. Do you live in the woods, then?

>Perhaps I should become a liberal to get all the free stuff.

Or move to one of the red welfare states.

Tea Party protester: "Get your government hands off my Medicare!"

>Liberals though, love the waste. They want to tax the law abiding tax paying citizens

And conservatives want to kill all the Muslims. I heard it on the Rachel Maddow show. Even Muslim children! Won't someone think of the children?

Nice try BV. Fact is, when the republican are so broke and out of work, who's going pay for all your liberal welfare programs. Cause liberals are putting businesses out of business.

>Nice try BV. Fact is, when the republican are so broke and out of work, who's going
>pay for all your liberal welfare programs.

All the liberals who work for a living. We'll support the broke red welfare states when that happens. Heck, we do now.

billvon

>Nice try BV. Fact is, when the republican are so broke and out of work, who's going
>pay for all your liberal welfare programs.

All the liberals who work for a living. We'll support the broke red welfare states when that happens. Heck, we do now.

x2. So maybe then it will sink in after liberals pay the brunt. I've always advocate liberals pay for what they want to spend. Let them bare all the costs for all the entitlements.

billvon

>I've always advocate liberals pay for what they want to spend.

Sure. We'll pay for all those lame-o science programs, SNAP programs, WIC etc. Conservatives can pay for Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid and the military.

Just can't debate a liberal. Around and Around. It's part of the liberal mind. Always talking in circles. That's why Congress can't get anything done. Liberals holding up everything.

Bignugget

******>I cannot comprehend not being able to defend yourself from a violent attacker.

Martin knew what that felt like - at least for a few moments before he died.

The evidence showed that Martin was the attacker. Are we talking about the same case?

I missed that evidence.

Can you expand on that?

I heard testimony both ways on who the voice yelling for help was...

Where was the evidence that showed Martin attacked Zimmerman (after running away and being chased down by Zimmerman.....)?

IMO you come running me down after I have tried to get away, THAT is the first act of aggression. From then on I am defending myself.

I welcome the evidence that showed Martin was the one who initiated contact body to body though.

I see a young kid much less mature and physically capable as Zimmerman, who was chased down by an armed older man, and killed....I am 29 years old...I would never chase a 17 year old kid down and assault/murder him....much less while being on the phone with 911.....after witnessing NOTHING other than a kid walking down the street.

I know you were military, you guys shoot first ask questions later.

I am a peaceful cat, I ask questions, and then RUN AWAY like Martin did, and pray someone all militant like Zimmerman doesn't chase me down and kill me.

Ultimately here it seems it boils down to the old schoolyard "Who threw the first punch" I would argue chasing someone down in an aggressive manner is the first punch, but I welcome opposing views that it must be an actual assault...I just saw no evidence presented of who threw the first punch....other than self serving statements of the winner..

Post that evidence up.

You think GZ could have 'run down' TM and still had enuf breath left to talk to him, let alone attack him? Come on man, you saw him, he's out of shape! Anyway, much of the time GZ was 'running down' TM he was on the phone to 911 -- didn't sound to me like he was running.

Your scenario is very unlikely.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone