skinnay

Christianity in Rapid Decline

:D:D>put metal stakes in trees to kill lumberjacks....

I was a third generation logger,or lumberjack if you want,and the stakes were far more of a danger to the saw mill workers.
I ended up working in a saw mill after the tree huggers shut down alot of access to forest land because of the spotted owl.
I still have a nice little cook book for spotted owl somewhere.
All extremist are bad news,but the religious extremist tend to be the worst,and at present the islamic extremist are taking the cake.
I do not think christianity is dying,but I do think islam is growing and at the moment muslims tend to be more prone to detonation.
Here in the USA you have the right to practice any belief you choose without government discrimination(in theory) and I agree with people having the freedom to live however they want,as long as they do not fuck with anyone else or their freedoms.:D:D:DI just tested my freedom of speech with that four letter word.

He either does or he doesn't, and the only way to discern which is so is to apply logic and subject religious claims to scientific scrutiny.

"Our Father, who art in heaven...."

Now, tell me again about your scientific scrutiny.

...here we go again...
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

:D:D:DI just tested my freedom of speech with that four letter word.

:D:D
Yeah, but you bastardized your freedom of punctuation.

Comma, comma, comma, comma, comma, com' on
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

popsjumper

He either does or he doesn't, and the only way to discern which is so is to apply logic and subject religious claims to scientific scrutiny.

Well for one, if a person who claims to speak for God (or claims to be God) makes statements about our present reality, we can test the validity of those statements scientifically. It won't prove or disprove the existence of a god, but it will prove/disprove the authenticity of that person. Case in point: the mustard seed.
Skydiving is serious business

-Joey-

Well for one, if a person who claims to speak for God (or claims to be God) makes statements about our present reality, we can test the validity of those statements scientifically. It won't prove or disprove the existence of a god, but it will prove/disprove the authenticity of that person. Case in point: the mustard seed.

I am curious, where in Scripture does it state that the mustard seed is the smallest seed?

Logic and scientific exploration is not the best approach to seeking God. Although for some it has worked.

God is Spirit and He must be worshiped in spirit. Without faith you can not please God. Without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit one has little chance of understanding Scripture.

Logic and science have difficulty here because they are mortal or man made concepts.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

toolbox

Here in the USA you have the right to practice any belief you choose without government discrimination(in theory) and I agree with people having the freedom to live however they want

nice statement - too bad people don't respect other's beliefs when different. the intolerance is nuts

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

toolbox

as long as they do not fuck with anyone else or their freedoms.:D:D:DI just tested my freedom of speech with that four letter word.

freedom of speech is not just the right to be offensive or shocking just for the sake of it, - although this attitude and application seems to be a general interpretation the last couple decades, sadly enough. It really reflects the lack of depth in thinking of society in general.

It seems people currently define themselves on what they are NOT, instead of what they are

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Here in the USA you have the right to practice any belief you choose without government discrimination(in theory) and I agree with people having the freedom to live however they want

nice statement - too bad people don't respect other's beliefs when different. the intolerance is nuts

What a relief...at least somebody gets it.
:)

jclalor

I am curious, where in Scripture does it state that the mustard seed is the smallest seed?

Matthew 13:31-32

Good one! When I ran my check all I found was the references to faith the size of mustard seed.

In context, Jesus was speaking a parable. Just how accurate does a parable have to be? I'm reasonably certain the people planted crops with smaller seeds, such as radishes, and would have known the difference. It does not take away from the meaning of the parable, which is what is important.

However, you made your point.

ETA graphic attachment
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

maadmax

Not a big deal. The number that is really important is the number of those who have had their lives transformed by the Love of God. That number has always been small. I will be interested to see if Britain misses their Christians once Islam becomes the national religion. Now that mohammed has become the most popular name for males born in Britain we shouldn't have long to wait.

No its wonderful, now we get not only the Christian holidays such as Christmas and Easter but we also get the Muslim ones like Eid Ul Fitr and Bukka Eid as well, and the Hindu ones like Divali its simply wonderful! :)
I've never had so much time off B| (And the food is great too!)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Not a big deal. The number that is really important is the number of those who have had their lives transformed by the Love of God. That number has always been small. I will be interested to see if Britain misses their Christians once Islam becomes the national religion. Now that mohammed has become the most popular name for males born in Britain we shouldn't have long to wait.

No its wonderful, now we get not only the Christian holidays such as Christmas and Easter but we also get the Muslim ones like Eid Ul Fitr and Bukka Eid as well, and the Hindu ones like Divali its simply wonderful! :) (And the food is great too!)

I am sure those holidays are enjoyable. But I haven't noticed many countries with larger muslim populations celebrating those non approved holidays along with you.

maadmax

The number that is really important is the number of those who have had their lives transformed by the Love of God. That number has always been small. I will be interested to see if Britain misses their Christians once Islam becomes the national religion. Now that mohammed has become the most popular name for males born in Britain we shouldn't have long to wait.

No need to worry - it was the most popular name a couple of years ago but now it's Harry. So I guess the real danger for christians in Britain is people worshipping the false idols of the Royal Family:o

(I also like how you imply that belief in the Islamic version of god can't have the same positive effect as belief in the Christian version of god.:ph34r:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

(I also like how you imply that belief in the Islamic version of god can't have the same positive effect as belief in the Christian version of god.:ph34r:)

I don't see it as who's God is better, that is a personal revelation. It is just that sharia thing I am wondering about. Damn, it is already part of your code of law.

And nope, mohammed got Harry and Oliver both beat .

I don't see it as who's God is better,

So why do you see it as a problem if positive personal change comes through belief in islam instead of belief in Christianity.

And nope, mohammed got Harry and Oliver both beat .

Oh really?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Sharia isn't significantly different from halacha in intent. Some of the specifics differ, particularly in criminal penalties, but since criminal penalties come from the state in modern countries, they're not an issue in the US or Great Britain.

Should we expect a big objection to the observance of halacha?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Should we expect a big objection to the observance of halacha?

halacha is great on pita chips, or with some Siracha sauce

I like halacha best when the duck is ground to a very fine paste and mixed with Jalapenos and olive oil