rushmc

IRS Criminal Behavior

Someone commented to me in another thread something about this only happening in Cincinnati

Well, this now does not seem to be the case
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/13/lawyers-targeting-of-conservatives-more-vast-than-just-cincinnati-also-involved-d-c-office/

Lawyers: Targeting of conservatives more vast than just Cincinnati, also involved DC office

And then there is this claim!?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/irs-obama-tea-party/2013/05/14/id/504419

Cleta Mitchell, one of Washington's most respected elections attorneys, told Newsmax she has tangible proof that high-ranking IRS officials in Washington were fully aware of the agency's campaign to target conservative groups for heightened scrutiny, despite their denials.

And she thinks the president knew about the practice too, and if proven, it could be an impeachable offense.

In an interview with Newsmax TV Tuesday, Mitchell said she was told by a Cincinnati IRS agent that applications by two of her conservative clients were being processed by — and would ultimately be approved or denied — in Washington.

She said she is also aware of nearly 100 other conservative groups that were being targeted by Washington.

"There were nearly 100 groups across the country that got the very egregious set of letters from the IRS that were almost identical and they came from offices all over the country so I know of at least 85 to 90, maybe more, organizations," said Mitchell, who represents six groups which say they have been targeted, including the King Street Patriots and True the Vote.

Not claiming anything
Just putting it out here
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Someone commented to me in another thread something about this only happening in Cincinnati

Well, this now does not seem to be the case
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/13/lawyers-targeting-of-conservatives-more-vast-than-just-cincinnati-also-involved-d-c-office/

Lawyers: Targeting of conservatives more vast than just Cincinnati, also involved DC office

And then there is this claim!?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/irs-obama-tea-party/2013/05/14/id/504419

***Cleta Mitchell, one of Washington's most respected elections attorneys, told Newsmax she has tangible proof that high-ranking IRS officials in Washington were fully aware of the agency's campaign to target conservative groups for heightened scrutiny, despite their denials.

And she thinks the president knew about the practice too, and if proven, it could be an impeachable offense.

In an interview with Newsmax TV Tuesday, Mitchell said she was told by a Cincinnati IRS agent that applications by two of her conservative clients were being processed by — and would ultimately be approved or denied — in Washington.

She said she is also aware of nearly 100 other conservative groups that were being targeted by Washington.

"There were nearly 100 groups across the country that got the very egregious set of letters from the IRS that were almost identical and they came from offices all over the country so I know of at least 85 to 90, maybe more, organizations," said Mitchell, who represents six groups which say they have been targeted, including the King Street Patriots and True the Vote.

Not claiming anything
Just putting it out here

I hope he is impeached, but not removed from office.

First, it would be both of the last democratic presidents . . . but I really hope he keeps his office, President Biden?

edited to insert the word "last"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This scandal is growing faster than most

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/14/Progressive-Group-Says-IRS-Gave-Them-Confidential-Docs-On-Conservative-Groups

ProPublica says the documents the IRS gave them were “not supposed to be made public”:

The same IRS office that deliberately targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status in the run-up to the 2012 election released nine pending confidential applications of conservative groups to ProPublica late last year... In response to a request for the applications for 67 different nonprofits last November, the Cincinnati office of the IRS sent ProPublica applications or documentation for 31 groups. Nine of those applications had not yet been approved—meaning they were not supposed to be made public. (We made six of those public, after redacting their financial information, deeming that they were newsworthy.)

The group says that "no unapproved applications from liberal groups were sent to ProPublica.”

According to Media Research Center Vice President for Business and Culture Dan Gainor, ProPublica’s financial backers include top progressive donors:

ProPublica, which recently won its second Pulitzer Prize, initially was given millions of dollars from the Sandler Foundation to “strengthen the progressive infrastructure”–“progressive” being the code word for very liberal. In 2010, it also received a two-year contribution of $125,000 each year from the Open Society Foundations. In case you wonder where that money comes from, the OSF website is www.soros.org. It is a network of more than 30 international foundations, mostly funded by Soros, who has contributed more than $8 billion to those efforts.

ProPublica gave donor info to the Huffington Puffington post who printed the names of those who gave to a group who supported Prop 8 in CA
Those who were outed were attacked by groups who did not like Prop 8

And today, Dirty Harry Reid basicly gave the IRS a pass stating that only the IRS can help rein in these groups

Anyone here like were this is going?
Abraham Lincoln

Absolutely! I hope they go after those right wing fringe groups and wipe them off the face of the, um, tax free status. After that is done, they can then go after the left wing fringe groups and wipe them out too. Then they can to after religious groups, government contractors, charities, and everyone else. Eliminate all tax free status for everybody. Nobody gets a free ride.

CygnusX-1

Absolutely! I hope they go after those right wing fringe groups and wipe them off the face of the, um, tax free status. After that is done, they can then go after the left wing fringe groups and wipe them out too. Then they can to after religious groups, government contractors, charities, and everyone else. Eliminate all tax free status for everybody. Nobody gets a free ride.

Hmmm

The Law be damned then I guess
Abraham Lincoln

CygnusX-1

That would be nice, and no more deductions for kids.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

Ya
And I say go after the left wing groups first!!!
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Ya

And I say go after mega-churches first.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Ya

And I say go after mega-churches first.

I suppose you would get lots of support for this
There is a lot of bigotism when it comes to Christianity
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

How about go after all of them at once? Wipe out picking winners and losers completely.

No subsidies, no penalties, single tax rates, businesses survive or fail based on their performance only. Gov stays the heck out of it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***I suppose you would get lots of support for this

How about go after all of them at once? Wipe out picking winners and losers completely.

No subsidies, no penalties, single tax rates, businesses survive or fail based on their performance only. Gov stays the heck out of it.

I was being sarcastic

We are getting off topic here
Left wing groups are using the IRS to target politcal ememies

One of the same charges that was brought against Nixion 40 years ago this week

The IRS should not be going after anybody
Unless they agree with Harry Reid of course:S
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>There is a lot of bigotism when it comes to Christianity

He didn't mention Christianity, just churches. But I can see how you might think they are the only "valid" religion.

Nope
Not the case
But you ruined a great oportunity

In any event
You and I know they would never go after a meg Islamic church of any kind
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

We are getting off topic here
Left wing groups are using the IRS to target politcal ememies

they sure are, always have, now it's just more unashamedly public, last time something like this happened was under the Clinton's right?

either people will condone it, or they'll finally see it for what it is and call for change

(I suspect we can find examples done under Repubs too. Politicians crave power, and they are all vindictive little wussies too. Not a great combo)

Plus side - we haven't seen anyone here actually condone it.

But it's early yet.......

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

CygnusX-1

I agree with most of this. I'd dramatically limit the exempt status of most "charitable activities", but I'd leave in place exemptions for some very targeted relief measures (disaster relief, food kitchens, basically things involving assistance you can see and touch, not just hear).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

rushmc

***And I say go after mega-churches first.

Megachurches are really businesses, making a ton of money. I'd vote to tax them like any other business, no more, no less. We have one locally that requires police assistance directing traffic for each of their services every Sunday. I can see doing that for sporting events, where cities are making money from the event, but I think a private entitity of any sort who routinely requires such assistance should pay for it themself.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

livendive

******And I say go after mega-churches first.

Megachurches are really businesses, making a ton of money. I'd vote to tax them like any other business, no more, no less. We have one locally that requires police assistance directing traffic for each of their services every Sunday. I can see doing that for sporting events, where cities are making money from the event, but I think a private entitity of any sort who routinely requires such assistance should pay for it themself.

Blues,
Dave

How do you know they aren't paying a fee to have the police there?

livendive

I agree with most of this. I'd dramatically limit the exempt status of most "charitable activities", but I'd leave in place exemptions for some very targeted relief measures (disaster relief, food kitchens, basically things involving assistance you can see and touch, not just hear).

Blues,
Dave

Why?

You can have the IRS fuck over any group you dont agree with

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/14/lawmakers-say-irs-targeted-dozens-more-conservative-groups-than-initially/
Abraham Lincoln

livendive

******And I say go after mega-churches first.

Blues,
Dave

you dont like them so fuck them
Turn your IRS loose on them
Abraham Lincoln

Don't forget, the IRS brought down Capone. Unbelievable he couldn't be brought in for murder but they got him for not paying taxes on his illegal enterprise. The IRS you remember were targeting citizens a few years back and they put an end that that.... was horrible what they were doing to people. The IRS can ruin a business.

OHCHUTE

Don't forget, the IRS brought down Capone. Unbelievable he couldn't be brought in for murder but they got him for not paying taxes on his illegal enterprise. The IRS you remember were targeting citizens a few years back and they put an end that that.... was horrible what they were doing to people. The IRS can ruin a business.

Ya

And which organization has been tapped to enforce Obamacare?
Abraham Lincoln

This is the attitude (of the left) that we are dealing with

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/14/Chairman-Emeritus-Of-NAACP-IRS-Right-To-Target-Tea-Party-Racists

I hope this keeps up

Gonna make much more fun
Abraham Lincoln