rushmc

IRS Criminal Behavior

They are claiming that it didn't have ANY real intent to target the right.... they were being lazy.....

I wonder if this had happen under Bush how many of my left friends here would have bought that?
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

They are claiming that it didn't have ANY real intent to target the right.... they were being lazy.....

I wonder if this had happen under Bush how many of my left friends here would have bought that?

They would be calling for Bush's head by now. There would be protests in front of the White House, Al Sharpton would have been rousting his minions by calling it racist, John Kerry would be calling it an outrage, Pelosi and Reid would be drawing up Impeachment documents, Billvon would be calling this the end of the Republican Party, Quade would be predicting a backlash for years to come, Kallend would be proclaiming that rich people and the banks were also to blame, Funjumper/Amazon would be calling everyone RWC's, Stimpy would be telling us how to fix the country etc...

What is really disturbing is that Sarah Hall Ingram was head of the IRS tax exempt division that was responsible for the targeting of conservative groups durring the timeframe in which the targeting took place.
Steve Miller was not head of the tax exempt division of the IRS that was targeting conservatives at the time of the targeting,yet he is taking the fall,and he was planning on leaving the IRS even before the shit hit the fan anyway hmmmmmm....
Meanwhile Sarah Hall Ingram now heads the IRS Obamacare office hmmmmmmmmm...........
Sounds like comrade Ingram is still working hard for the left.

toolbox

What is really disturbing is that Sarah Hall Ingram was head of the IRS tax exempt division that was responsible for the targeting of conservative groups durring the timeframe in which the targeting took place.
Steve Miller was not head of the tax exempt division of the IRS that was targeting conservatives at the time of the targeting,yet he is taking the fall,and he was planning on leaving the IRS even before the shit hit the fan anyway hmmmmmm....
Meanwhile Sarah Hall Ingram now heads the IRS Obamacare office hmmmmmmmmm...........
Sounds like comrade Ingram is still working hard for the left.

She will be in front of the commitees soon enough

I feel we have only seen the begining of this one
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

mirage62

1 - this is a direct call for tax reform - why should ANY agency have tax exempt status except for the gov to abuse it for power plays.

2 - even if this wasn't directly from the highest levels or 'encouraged' by the highest levels, or directly requested by lefty Senators......there's still a problem: How did Washington public service ever create the climate where even peons think that it's now OK to target a specific political philosophy for harassment and containment?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***They are claiming that it didn't have ANY real intent to target the right.... they were being lazy.....

1 - this is a direct call for tax reform - why should ANY agency have tax exempt status except for the gov to abuse it for power plays.

2 - even if this wasn't directly from the highest levels or 'encouraged' by the highest levels, or directly requested by lefty Senators......there's still a problem: How did Washington public service ever create the climate where even peons think that it's now OK to target a specific political philosophy for harassment and containment?

Its Chicago Politics . . . everyone has been desensitized to it now.

Right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

> this is a direct call for tax reform

Agreed.

> How did Washington public service ever create the climate where even peons
> think that it's how OK to target a specific political philosophy for harassment and
> containment?

Due to decades of politicians (and even the general public) who turn a blind eye to it when it's "the other guy."

kallend

***http://washingtonexaminer.com/report-irs-denied-tax-exempt-status-to-pro-lifers-on-behalf-of-planned-parenthood/article/2529750

Report: IRS denied tax-exempt status to pro-lifers on behalf of Planned Parenthood

Good. Advocating against health care for women shouldn't be done at taxpayers' expense.

Oh, so you advocate an illegal abuse of power if it fits your agenda. Nice to know.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

Agreed.

> think that it's how OK to target a specific political philosophy for harassment and
> containment?

Due to decades of politicians (and even the general public) who turn a blind eye to it when it's "the other guy."

I

think

I agree

With you

Snarkiness aside

Very good point billvon

We have exactly what we have voted for

For decades[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

Agreed.

> containment?

One thing that this still follows today

It seems we have to hit a point of scandal saturation

Another way of looking at it is, the pendalum has swung too far

In either case, it sparks a correction

Then
years later, we repeat
Abraham Lincoln

I mean, shouldn't everyone be required to answer these types of questions?

Really?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/congressman-irs-asked-pro-life-group-about-the-content-of-their-prayers/article/2529924

Congressman: IRS asked pro-life group about 'the content of their prayers'

Abraham Lincoln

Oh oh

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/us/politics/irs-scandal-congressional-hearings.html?hp&_r=3&

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was auditing the Internal Revenue Service’s screening of politically active organizations seeking tax exemptions, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.

Abraham Lincoln

turtlespeed

******http://washingtonexaminer.com/report-irs-denied-tax-exempt-status-to-pro-lifers-on-behalf-of-planned-parenthood/article/2529750

Report: IRS denied tax-exempt status to pro-lifers on behalf of Planned Parenthood

Good. Advocating against health care for women shouldn't be done at taxpayers' expense.

Oh, so you advocate an illegal abuse of power if it fits your agenda. Nice to know.

I advocate AGAINST tax exempt status for anyone or any group pushing a political agenda. Or a religious one.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Someone brought this video to my attention and it is chilling.

http://floor.senate.gov/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=593

I have only watched one speech, who knows what other chilling speeches are in it. But I encourage people to put aside their partisan preferences for a moment and ignore who the speaker is and instead listen to what he is saying. I encourage people to watch the entire 15 minute speech starting at about the 4 hour and 23 1/2 minute mark of this video. But if 15 minutes is too much for you, I encourage people to watch starting at the 4 hour, 32 minute and about 40 second mark and only watch the last very chilling 5 minutes of this speech and turn off or look away from the monitor and just listen to what is being said. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You don't really think a speech by a Right Wing Republican is going to make any difference to the hard left wingers do you? They just roll their eyes and take glee over the fact it's their "enemy" who is on the receiving end of these IRS transgressions. Oh....and Bush was worse, don't you know?

Gravitymaster

You don't really think a speech by a Right Wing Republican is going to make any difference to the hard left wingers do you? They just roll their eyes and take glee over the fact it's their "enemy" who is on the receiving end of these IRS transgressions. Oh....and Bush was worse, don't you know?

Yes I know, rather obtuse of me to think someone would actually listen to what was being said. Today the IRS is coming after Republicans, tomorrow they will be coming after everyone who has not bought their Obamacare insurance. And whistle blowers who know of government wrong doings will think twice about picking up the phone because they can't trust that their conversations are not being listen to by the justice department.

Certainly not the sort of country your founding fathers envisioned. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I watched it. My only confusion was where he said you would be forced to purchase Obamacare even if you liked your current coverage - I thought the point was it was only mandatory if you had no coverage at all?
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

mistercwood

I watched it. My only confusion was where he said you would be forced to purchase Obamacare even if you liked your current coverage - I thought the point was it was only mandatory if you had no coverage at all?

Great job of zeroing in on the most important point Rubio was making.

Sorry, I'll just roll my eyes then, shall I? I passed no judgement on the rest of the speech. I found it quite interesting. I merely asked for clarification on a point that I found confusing. Way to reach across the aisle there, buddy... :S

You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

mistercwood

That's what gets them shaking in their boots, you would think a US Senator would know what the major components of the ACA are. I'm surprised he didn't throw in something about Obama-phones and Kenya.

I have only watched one speech, who knows what other chilling speeches are in it. But I encourage people to put aside their partisan preferences for a moment and ignore who the speaker is and instead listen to what he is saying. I encourage people to watch the entire 15 minute speech starting at about the 4 hour and 23 1/2 minute mark of this video. But if 15 minutes is too much for you, I encourage people to watch starting at the 4 hour, 32 minute and about 40 second mark and only watch the last very chilling 5 minutes of this speech and turn off or look away from the monitor and just listen to what is being said. [:/]

Rubio also failed to mention that the IRS commisioner at the time of the audit of the campaign donor was a Bush appointee.

jclalor

Rubio also failed to mention that the IRS commisioner at the time of the audit of the campaign donor was a Bush appointee.

There we go...all Bush's fault, as predicted.

billvon

Agreed.

> containment?

Nailed it.

And, it's now out front and obtuse with this admin. Clearly, public employees don't think there'll be consequences as long as the bias is a certain way.

(Yes, I think from this point on, it'll happen for whichever party is in power now that the ice is broken)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants