jclalor

The Morning After Pill now Available to children with out a presription or parental consent

Probably the best option. It's been that way here for ages, it's easily accessible at pharmacies. And speaking from experience, it's definitely the best option - especially for those who oppose abortion.

Realistically, in cases where the condom breaks, or there is a contraceptive accident that results in the uncertainty of whether or not it could result in pregnancy. The girl is far more likely to keep quiet and hope that it doesn't, than to speak to her parents to try and get permission for emergency contraceptives. The availability of the pill to them in these cases can easily reduce unwanted pregnancies. And given the common side effects of taking it, it's not like they will just go and have sex thinking that they can just pop a pill twice the next day to solve it.

Having been in that situation a couple of times when I was a teenager, I can say for certain that if it had not been for the easy access of EC, some bad choices and possibly even worse outcomes may have happened.

Good on 'em for realizing that there is more good than harm that can come from this.

>but some here in the states will view it as the beginning of end times.

Such people have been around ever since women started demanding the right to vote. Every generation people find something new to be outraged about. World never seems to end.

Oh, great; now teenagers will start having sex. :S

Sigh. Hell in a handbasket.

Dogs and cats, living together...

That's all fine and good but you damn well know this will lead to them wanting the right marry!

That's all fine and good but you damn well know this will lead to them wanting the right marry!

Baby turtles deserve turtles parents.

Say no to dogs and cats adopting turtles!!!!!!
Remster

All we need to do is ban sex education.>:(
They would never figure out how to do it on their own.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Baby turtles deserve turtles parents.

Say no to dogs and cats adopting turtles!!!!!!

Really??? You were fine with dogs raising turtles before but now that the dog is with a cat it's a no go? :S

and don't tell me the jury is still out on that, get your head out of the sand!

The "morning after pill" is now available without a prescription, regardless of age or parental consent.

This pisses me off! If 14 year olds get pregnant, they should have babies by golly! How else will they learn responsibility?

I think having a baby is a superb object lesson. What better way to learn that actions have consequences than to have 9 months to ponder the result of an impulsive act?

And if it was rape? Well, society can sure use the offspring of decisive men who know what they want and take it! Do we want children sired by the kind of "men" who defer to the opinions of little girls? I think not.

Also, since it is physically impossible for a girl to get pregnant unless she really wants it, then she was just playing hard to get anyway.

Have I covered most of the reasons why birth control for youngsters is bad? If not, I'll try to come up with some more.

The "morning after pill" is now available without a presription, regardless of age or parental consent.

My thoughts are mixed:

Good thing
- Will help prevent some unwanted pregnancies,
- Will help reduce the financial burden on kids, their families and society as a whole
- Other

Bad thing
- Adversely affects the thinking about potential pregnancy
- Induce more to participate before developing responsibility
- Promotes casual sex.
(I may have put that in the wrong category :D:))
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

- Promotes casual sex.

That's been a default objection to making birth control available to minors w/o parental consent for ages. Personally, I'm not persuaded it holds water.

- Promotes casual sex.

That's been a default objection to making birth control available to minors w/o parental consent for ages. Personally, I'm not persuaded it holds water.

I'm most disturbed by a skydiver, on a skydiving forum, classifying "casual sex", as a "bad thing".:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The "morning after pill" is now available without a presription, regardless of age or parental consent.

My thoughts are mixed:

Good thing
- Will help prevent some unwanted pregnancies,
- Will help reduce the financial burden on kids, their families and society as a whole
- Other

Bad thing
- Adversely affects the thinking about potential pregnancy
- Promotes casual sex.
(I may have put that in the wrong category :D:))

You forgot

Good thing
- Kids are clearly smart enough to know what to take, how often, side effects, etc.
- Parents shouldn't ever be included on what's going on with their kid
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.