rushmc

Proposed Dem Budget Increases Spending 62% Over Next Decade

Nothing new, this is what has been going on the last 4 years. Not by acident cause they never would have gotten their spending plans past the people had they put out a budget

Now it is in the open. As it should have been all along

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/proposed-dem-budget-increases-spending-62-over-next-decade_707579.html

Senator Patty Murray, the Democratic chair of the Senate Budget Committee, finally released a budget today. Year over year, in this proposed budget, spending jumps dramatically.

For instance, from this year's budget to next year's proposed budget, spending would increase by $162 billion. This year, the federal government will spend $3.599 trillion; under Murray's budget, the federal government would be on track to spend even more.

Over the next decade, spending under Murray's budget would increase by 62 percent. Here's a chart from the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee detailing the increase in spending over the next decade

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This is a lot worse than the Rep's version, BUT let's get this in perspective..

The Reps version claims we are balanced, NOT now, but in about 20 years, we can start paying down the debt. So we get balanced in two decades.

what happens in two decades?

1 - we have 10 changeovers in Congress
2 - as many as 4 different presidents
3 - probably 2 different major events that were not planned in the budget
4 - party in power likely changes 3 times
5 - 20 to 40 new budgets will be proposed

short answer - NO ONE is committed to balancing the budget until we see a plan that balances within a year. Because they can always reset and revise.

I don't believe anyone.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This is a lot worse than the Rep's version, BUT let's get this in perspective..

The Reps version claims we are balanced, NOT now, but in about 20 years, we can start paying down the debt. So we get balanced in two decades.

what happens in two decades?

1 - we have 10 changeovers in Congress
2 - as many as 4 different presidents
3 - probably 2 different major events that were not planned in the budget
4 - party in power likely changes 3 times
5 - 20 to 40 new budgets will be proposed

short answer - NO ONE is committed to balancing the budget until we see a plan that balances within a year. Because they can always reset and revise.

I don't believe anyone.

:D
+1

+2

I never understood why the government always wanted to plan budgets long after they are not in office. We need to have some type of law that states that the president, congressman, senator, etc cannot propose a budget beyond their current elected term!

Didn't you know that Government spending isn't a problem?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/01/08/no-spending-problem/

---------------------------------------------------
I'm so fucking tired of hearing about the obama administration and how they want to help the middle class. What the fuck ever. Last time tax increases came out all I heard was how they only want to increase taxes on the rich. Then when it was released the middle class got tax increases anwyay. But then what would you expect. Politicians are all fucking liars anyway.

I don't believe anyone.

I don't believe you.

me neither

edit: i know that, based on my original statement, that it's a given - or at least a semantically null pairing of statements

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I don't believe anyone.

I don't believe you.

me neither

I don't believe that, either.

you shouldn't, I don't trust him one bit

> It's the people who vote that are the problem.

Agreed. Republicans want more military spending and lower taxes on the rich. Democrats want more social spending and lower taxes on the poor. The common themes - more spending, lower taxes, and screw the other guy.

Agreed. Republicans want more military spending and lower taxes on the rich. Democrats want more social spending and lower taxes on the poor. The common themes - more spending, lower taxes, and screw the other guy.

Poor Libertarians (real ones, not the ones that keep getting hijacked) - they just want a Lot less spending and lower taxes on everyone. No one likes that at all.

Don't forget, there are people who reason that spending more increases revenues thus lowering the deficit, and there are people who reason that lowering taxes will increase revenues thus lowering the deficit.

So we'll be more than fine.

>there are people who reason that spending more increases revenues . . . .
>and there are people who reason that lowering taxes will increase revenues . . . .

The problem is they are both right. But the conclusion you listed after those statements ("thus lowering the deficit") is the problem. Doesn't work.

And here's another problem - in another few years the economy will recover as it always does. Revenues will go up. And all this talk about cutting spending and taxing more will go flying right out the window, as politicians assume that we will always have this bumper crop of tax money and thus no longer need to worry about the deficit.

Keynesian economic fixes (spend more, cut taxes) do indeed help an economy recover from a recession. But if we want to do that we have to have the discipline to do the exact opposite once the economy recovers. And so far no one has been willing to do that.

And here's another problem - in another few years the economy will recover as it always does.

Every time we've had a recession the economy never comes back to it's prior level. I'm afraid to say that 7-8% unemployment will now be the norm. This is the recovery.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>Every time we've had a recession the economy never comes back to it's prior level.

In what respect? Our real (adjusted for inflation) GDP has been growing for as long as we've been measuring it.

> I'm afraid to say that 7-8% unemployment will now be the norm. This is the recovery.

If that were really true I would be encouraged; it would indicate that our economy is "smoothing out." But I doubt it.

Poor Libertarians (real ones, not the ones that keep getting hijacked) - they just want a Lot less spending and lower taxes on everyone. No one likes that at all.

I really like the idea of Libertarians getting off the sinking ship. My only concern is the new "ship" literally sinking. :D

http://theweek.com/article/index/218393/libertarian-island-a-billionaires-utopia

I'm convinced people with a political bent don't want a solution, they just want to be "right". Narcissism runs strong in those with political stripes.

they just want a Lot less spending and lower taxes on everyone. No one likes that at all.

Just got back from sharing adult beverages with friends of mine in the business. Most Americans have no idea how to participate in a market based system. This is a serious issue. Our education system is failing miserably.
We are all engines of karma