ryoder

The Adventures of Darrien Long - Metro Mall Security Guard

Most law abiding citizens arm themselves BECAUSE of people with attitudes like this womans. And dont think for a second that with all the history this country has it can just get rid of idiots like this. They're here in numbers and I like to know I can defend myself against people who would use actions such as those to influence small children to grow up with the same attitude.

I for one would rather worry about 50k of those type of people armed instead of 270 million of them armed.

Thats all. We just agree to disagree on that.

You accept that there is no way to get rid of stupidity in America, but think they should still be allowed weapons.

To me that is like accepting that kids will do unsafe shit, and so just leaving pots of boiling water all over instead of out of reach.....because hey you "can't fix stupid".

No one is worried about what "law abiding" read as (relatively sane and balanced) people are doing.....we are worried about this lady.....

1. Felons can't legally own firearms. That rules out a lot of people like this lady.
2. Guns are not exactly cheap. That also excludes a lot of people like this lady.

Frankly, I'm not much concerned about people like that woman having guns. Running around with a mouth like that and a gun I doubt she would be above ground or in the general population long at all.

If only "law abiding" and relatively sane people are allowed to own guns you might as well ban them all. There are so many laws on the books it's nearly impossible for the average person to not break some law in the course of a day....same goes for sanity. Send your average person to 10 psychiatrists and I'm sure they would come out with a few diagnosed issues.

People just need to relax. Violence crimes have been steadily decreasing. However, if anything, this recent gun debate has reminded all of us that the inner cities have a ways to go.

I for one would rather worry about 50k of those type of people armed instead of 270 million of them armed.

You accept that there is no way to get rid of stupidity in America, but think they should still be allowed weapons.

To me that is like accepting that kids will do unsafe shit, and so just leaving pots of boiling water all over instead of out of reach.....because hey you "can't fix stupid".

No one is worried about what "law abiding" read as (relatively sane and balanced) people are doing.....we are worried about this lady.....

Did you really need to fuck up this thread with more of this retarded pro gun anti gun bullshit.

This thread had nothing to do with guns, it was about people behaving poorly.

B|
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Did you really need to fuck up this thread with more of this retarded pro gun anti gun bullshit.

This thread had nothing to do with guns, it was about people behaving poorly. B|

Agreed!
People like that should be aborted. You know, with abortions.

This thread had nothing to do with guns, it was about people behaving poorly. B|

Agreed!

Bring back coathangers for situations like these.

Agreed!

I am for abortion rights, not forced abortions. Try again.

So did you watch the video? Plan on tracking this woman down for a chance at employment?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

It occurred to me: The most amazing part of that video is that someone was actually able to remain in the same room with that woman long enough to get her pregnant...on multiple occasions.:S I couldn't do that.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The video is two things:
1. Impressive
2. Depressing

Firstly the manner in which this guy keeps his calm, whilst remaining assertive should be a lesson to ever LEO / Security Agent. Not rising to her threats, abuse and restraining in himself for quite a period before drawing his taser.

However, the woman and her children do bring forward cause for concern. Whether she is in receipt of state benefits or sources money from other sources.. she's an unfit mother. Exposing children to behaviour like this is going to have a a massive detriment to their life (arguably worse than neglect or physical abuse)..

On the gun front, interesting that the guard here is carrying a taster and not a gun. I wonder how the outcome would have been if he had been armed.

I started out thinking the guy could have been a bit more polite....then I watched more of the video. I'm pretty sure any courtesy would have met with more abusive language and probably has in the past. He apparently deals with this really frequently. I watched multiple videos. After about half of the first one, I was cheering him on and crying 'Tase her! Tase her!". All things considered, he's a pretty patient guy, but unyielding. Good for him.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

As a gun hating Brit (nb this is a joke, everytime I come to the US i've ended up in a gun range) I agree this man should be allowed to carry a gun. He definitely has the apparent demeanour and seeming level headed approach to handling a weapon

That scenario could have rapidly escalated beyond 1 or two people getting physically abusive, where a Taser just lacks impact.

That woman.. I wouldn't trust her with a rusty spoon...

>He definitely has the apparent demeanor and seeming level headed approach to handling a weapon.

Most law abiding gun owners are also level headed and have a peaceful demeanor as well.
In fact I've never met any who did not possess these qualities.