Skyrad

Will the Federal Assault weapon ban include .22 rifles?

Will rimfire rifles such as the Sig 522, HK 516 in .22 be banned under the new Federal assault weapon ban? Also will they be allowed to use anything bigger than a 10 round mag?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Will rimfire rifles such as the Sig 522, HK 516 in .22 be banned under the new Federal assault weapon ban? Also will they be allowed to use anything bigger than a 10 round mag?

It's impossible to know at this time. Congress has only been requested by the President to look at legislation. Definitions will be part of that, but haven't been discussed yet.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Thanks I'll be interested how they play it. In CA last time no they weren't but couldn't use anything bigger than a 10 round mag and in Maryland I believe they were banned.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I've been told that the .22 is the most lethal round in the US statistically. I haven't done the research to verify.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I have had a look at this and believe it to be true.

Very underated caliber and very deadly, not to be treated without respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUM1r_444CY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOB8mp_cmgs&playnext=1&list=PL3FA4856CAAB680E8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHXzX8T5ew
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Some trophy whitetail deer have been taken with a .22.

According to Feinstein's proposed bill, she wants to ban center-fire and rim-fire weapons as well as center fire shotguns. Bolt-action, pump/slide action and lever guns. Revolvers and semi-auto pistols. According to her, about the only thing she will allow is non-firing flint-locks!

Chuck

Well, under the 94 law, any magazine over 10 rounds was not permitted to be sold new to civilians. That included 22s.
The bigger mags for the Ruger 10/22 went from $10 or so up to around $100.
Remember, in most places, the only thing that was banned under the 94 law was new manufacture and sale of new to civilians. Posession, use or resale of already owned magazines (and rifles too) was unrestricted.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

22 cal guns are cheap to buy and super cheap to shoot as we all know.
Shot placement is king and the 22 long rifle is very accurate as well as being quiet compared to more powerful rounds.
I think they are popular with alot of criminals because you can toss them in the river so to speak without a huge loss in terms of money.
Knives and blunt instruments are also very popular with criminals for many of the same reasons.
I wonder if they will ban super soaker squirt guns,since some one could buy one at almost any store that sells toys,and then fill it with gasoline and spray a group of people with gasoline and then throw a malotov cocktail at their feet and run.
I know it is far fetched,but there was that case where 2 teens tossed gas on a kid and threw a match on him and watched him burn.
Sounds like an act of terror to me.
The anti-gun extremist would ban everything that shoots a projectile if they could.

A super soaker with hydrochloric acid ... Burn the skin right down to the bone.... It's really popular in new york city with ex-husbands and ex-boyfriends...:S

I can see we just need to ban any and all things... We need to do it for the children...;)

Killler...

Shot placement is king and the 22 long rifle is very accurate as well as being quiet compared to more powerful rounds.
I think they are popular with alot of criminals because you can toss them in the river so to speak without a huge loss in terms of money.
Knives and blunt instruments are also very popular with criminals for many of the same reasons.
I wonder if they will ban super soaker squirt guns,since some one could buy one at almost any store that sells toys,and then fill it with gasoline and spray a group of people with gasoline and then throw a malotov cocktail at their feet and run.
I know it is far fetched,but there was that case where 2 teens tossed gas on a kid and threw a match on him and watched him burn.
The anti-gun extremist would ban everything that shoots a projectile if they could.

Actually not very far fetched, a man in Cologne Germany in 1964 converted a insecticide sprayer into a flame thrower and committed one of the worst school massacres in world history. But taking away guns will stop that sort of thing right? :Shttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_school_massacre

No bugs this time of year to try it on. It makes a nice pattern on aluminum foil at a couple feet, and a few salt grains penetrate the foil. It's a lot heavier and seemingly well built than I expected.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Actually, do research on home made flame throwers, and you'll find that Coleman stove fuel (available at Walmart and such) is preferred. It does not have the explosive fumes of gasoline and makes a nice, tight stream.

The Anarchist's Cookbook and Poor Man's James Bond were practically required reading when I was a kid. Guns were fine, but explosives were more fun.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Actually, do research on home made flame throwers, and you'll find that Coleman stove fuel (available at Walmart and such) is preferred. It does not have the explosive fumes of gasoline and makes a nice, tight stream.

The Anarchist's Cookbook and Poor Man's James Bond were practically required reading when I was a kid. Guns were fine, but explosives were more fun.

I always preferred the incendiares. Stuff that went KABOOM!!!! tended to bring unwanted attention.
Lighting a bonfire in a spectacular way usually didn't attract as much.
And impressed the others.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My father was a captain in the army during the 50's. Needless to say they didnt do a good job of checking what officers took off base because I grew up with det cord, flash powder, and hand grenade bases..of course he hid the actual primers in a secret location. But we would just circumvent that and fabricate some kind of plug and use the det cord. I've been the direct cause of some massive explosions in my childhood. But since I've been taught in detail about what the possible outcomes could be I still manage to have all my arms and legs.

According to Feinstein's proposed bill, she wants to ban center-fire and rim-fire weapons as well as center fire shotguns. Bolt-action, pump/slide action and lever guns. Revolvers and semi-auto pistols. According to her, about the only thing she will allow is non-firing flint-locks!

Chuck

Seriously, you're joking right?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Chuck

That's what I read. Didn't take much digging. She plans to introduce it right after the congressmen all get sworn-in.

Chuck

Chuck

That's what I read. Didn't take much digging. She plans to introduce it right after the congressmen all get sworn-in.

Chuck

I did a quick search & couldn't find it from any authoritative source other than wack-job bloggers who want to vilify her as Hitler's mother. Can youplease link to your source?

Chuck

Chuck

I did a quick search & couldn't find it from any authoritative source other than wack-job bloggers who want to vilify her as Hitler's mother. Can youplease link to your source?

I'll sure, see what I can do.

Chuck