Skyrad

Facebook censorship over Gandhi quote

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

That was enough for Facebook to close down several pages of people who had the quote on their page. Revisionist history at work.

http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Gandhi_quote_Facebook_censorship.html
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm not saying if this allegation is true or not, or that I agree with it if it is true (actually, I don't), but isn't Facebook a private company that can do as it pleases wrt content? Do they have a stated policy regarding posting such comments, that subscribers agree to when they sign up? If not, then there may be a problem for them. If there is such a policy, and people have violated that policy, well if you don't like the policy use a different social media vehicle. We can't post jokes about pedophilia on Dropzone.com; I'm not saying that is the same as what Facebook is allegedly doing but if one wanted to one could accuse Sangrio of censorship. Too bad, it's his site and he can set the rules. Same for Facebook.

Is MySpace still alive?

Don

This from the same site that claims Facebook and Twitter are CIA creations to spy on Americans?

Thats just one source, it also happened to Amber Lyon on FB and others, check it out on infowars.

As for the CIA link, did you actually read that article and have a look at the IQT website? It sounds quite tin foil hat until you read some of the papers on IQT and realise that theres more to that story than you would care to believe.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

As for the CIA link, did you actually read that article and have a look at the IQT website?

But IQT has nothing to do with facebook.

Are you a spy because you've met a guy who met a guy who worked for a company that did some contracting for MI6?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I have no idea if FB and Twitter are part of some sinister "Spy on the World" plan, but the twits who use FB and Twitter to spread their revolutions are making it easy for those who feel the need to spy.

I agree. The twits who post their entire life and all their thoughts for all to see are also opening themselves up for some possible negative blowback.

InfoWars.com is also now reporting that Facebook is running an across-the-board PURGE of pro-gun accounts. A huge number of accounts are all being systematically disabled or suspended, with all content being wiped clean.

Hmm, it's amazing that they haven't purged the, umm.... National Rifle Association's account.

I see all kinds of pro-gun, anti-Obama, whatever posts in my faceback feed, and to my knowledge no one has been censored because of it. Of course, those are mostly personal accounts; perhaps they monitor the other pages more. But I'd be really surprised if their account got deactivated over that one particular Gandhi quote.

The story is a good way to get a lot of traffic to their website and facebook page though.

Jesus was also very Pro-gun, most people don't know that.
Just imagine if Jesus had an automatic weapon and lots of ammo. Those commie Romans would have been toast!

Think you need to re-read the bible. ;)

If that was a tongue and cheek response intended to imply that the gandi quote was taken out of context like the Jesus quote you would be mistaken.

Gandi was specifically referencing the Indian Arms Act of 1878. At his core, Gandi was fighting for the freedom of his people. He choose to lead as a pacifist, but he fully understood, as many others do, how in a world of sheep and wolves arms and freedom are inextricably linked.

Some other quotes on the subject to test the FB bots if your so inclined. :)

"No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion." --James Burgh (Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses) [London, 1774-1775]

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty." -- Adolf Hitler (H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler's Table Talks 1941-1944)

"A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie." -- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times) speaking at the "Educating Heart Summit" in Portland, Oregon, when asked by a girl how to react when a shooter takes aim at a classmate

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You'll pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins." -- Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, Mafia hit man

As for the CIA link, did you actually read that article and have a look at the IQT website?

Are you a spy because you've met a guy who met a guy who worked for a company that did some contracting for MI6?

As I said look at their website and try reading their Journal:

http://www.iqt.org/portfolio/on-our-radar/Using_Social_Media.pdf
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

As I said look at their website and try reading their Journal:

http://www.iqt.org/portfolio/on-our-radar/Using_Social_Media.pdf

As I said, IQT has nothing to do with Facebook - even if they do think that Governments should look at social media.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

That was enough for Facebook to close down several pages of people who had the quote on their page. Revisionist history at work.

http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Gandhi_quote_Facebook_censorship.html

Even if true, so what? Facebook is a publicly traded company. You don't like the way they do business, don't use their product(s).