DaVinci

Bad for to send a PM to someone but to block replies from them?

Someone (Rafflers IIRC) had a sigline that went something like "If you want to see the true nature of people, log onto an internet forum."

The douchebags have free reign to be douchebags without real consequences. Especially in PMs.

Personally, I don't respond to the trolls or douchebags. PM or open forum.
If everyone ignored the trolls, maybe they'd get bored and go away.
I absolutely love to watch a troll post go sinking down the page with no responses.

But too many people bite at the bait, so they keep getting fed.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Bad form is responding to a post and not discussing the topic but rather the poster.

If the topic is internet ettiquete, then SkyDekker's post was certainly on topic. If the topic is your whining about your feelings getting hurt, then perhaps not.

He didn't mention any posters, but since you brought it up, it is annoying to see an old thread revived just so you can get in a lame zinger on quade or kallend.

- Dan G

I got a nasty rude PM from someone and they do not allow replies.

Isn't that a bit childish and rude?

You have two recourses

1) delete the PM and block them, get on with life.

2) post the PM and reply to it here. Any right to privacy per netiquette is surrendered by the blocking action, and rude or abusive messages never enjoy that privilege.

Probably worth reflecting on what you may have done to spark that action, and thus option 1 is likely the healthier action to take. Rudeness doesn't hurt. Whereas threats and attempts of retaliation should be publicly detailed, and appropriate action (lifetime banning) by moderators.

Re: Nasty, Rude, PM.

hopefully Not...

after all,
PMs are fun and something that should be looked forward to... both receiving And sending...

Block ?? someone???
we can DO that?????:o:S

hmmmm can't see WHY i would want to do That... We are All part of the same community, :)IN FACT with some dzdotcom users, PMs are always enjoyed and welcomed...

You may ALL , PM Me... anytime !!!:)I'm a fan of communication and conversation!! tell me something interesting!!!:)

jmy

Re: Nasty, Rude, PM.

hopefully Not...

after all,
PMs are fun and something that should be looked forward to... both receiving And sending...

Block ?? someone???
we can DO that?????:o:S

hmmmm can't see WHY i would want to do That... We are All part of the same community, :)IN FACT with some dzdotcom users, PMs are always enjoyed and welcomed...

You may ALL , PM Me... anytime !!!:)I'm a fan of communication and conversation!! tell me something interesting!!!:)

jmy

But Jimmy, you are a truly nice guy. You seem to make a point not to antagonize anyone.

I can't see anyone sending you a nasty PM.

Unlike some that are on here.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

There is a simple fix that would always allow a reply to a message sent to you regardless of the senders block list, which prevents this entire scenario but few forums seem to implement it.