catfishhunter

When is Israel going to hit Iran?

I'm betting before Obama is inaugurated...what say you?

Why on earth would Inauguration Day be relevant?

Because jan 28th has no relevance...:S:P

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I'm betting before Obama is inaugurated...what say you?

I would not bet before or after. But I would say it will most probably happen. When I was younger i would have said bring it bitches. Now i say why havent we finished this yet.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

The question may be: when is the US going to do so? I'm thinking of the "shooting-at-the-drone" incident which the Pentagon revealed yesterday. Why did the Admin have them do that? Possibly, to begin to lay a pretext for military action.

The US has a bit of history of using pretexts to hit other countries that are aggravating it. Examples:
- The sinking of the USS Maine, blamed (probably incorrectly) on Spain to start the Spanish-American War;
- The Gulf of Tonkin "incident", which LBJ used to bamboozle Congress to authorize him to wage war against North Vietnam;
- In 1981, the Reagan Admin responding to Qaddafi's assholish bluster by baiting the Libyans right back, and ultimately shooting down 2 Libyans planes in the Gulf of Sidra;
- Bush-II's use of the "weapons of mass destruction" pretext to go to war with Iraq, to act-out his life-long dick-swinging contest with his dad.

So, don't be surprised if the drone incident is the first brick in a foundation of pretext for eventual action.

it would be Better if IRAN suffers a catastrophic accident of it's own Doing.

say an explosion at one of its "research facilities"....
i never wanna see Anyone die or get killed....[:/] but should some type of Internal mistake occur, which causes some dramatic eyeopening results.... wouldn't the Iran nuclear issue then be, partially resolved,

WE are not involved..
Israel is not involved
and Iran has no one to blame but itself....
sure beats ANYone attacking anyone else....

"we're just interested in producing electricity"

hmmm.. methinks NOT !!!

:|

The question may be: when is the US going to do so? I'm thinking of the "shooting-at-the-drone" incident which the Pentagon revealed yesterday. Why did the Admin have them do that? Possibly, to begin to lay a pretext for military action.

They are supposedly engaging in a large-scale training "show-of-force" air exercise that is to last a solid week. Article I read said they will be using half of the airspace of the entire country and I think it was the Caspian Sea? Not surprised they got a little trigger-happy with one of those drones.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

>"we're just interested in producing electricity"

They are probably interested in a lot more than that. But recently they've said they might allow inspectors in-country to verify that they don't enrich beyond 5% (and you can't make a bomb with LEU.) That's a good outcome if we can swing it.

Bill.... They are already enriching to 20% and to get to bomb grade... 85% + is fast once you are at 20%..

They have no need for the size and scope of enrichment for power plants... they run at 3% to 4% for fuel rods... They are putting the pieces in play to fast track a uranium 235 a-bomb... They keep spinning more uranium everyday and everyday we are closer to being to late to stop it...

Killler..

Awesome post dude. I think there will be a series of stealth attacks like the ones recently against Iran.(the assassination of one of their top nuclear physicists and the US SF strike on their nuclear power grid.) Iran will get pissed off and attack Israel because the sophistication of the US/ Israeli military wont allow Iran to be nuclear armed. :D

The only BIG problem I see with that path is I don't see Iran attacking Israel before they have a bomb of their own. They know Israel has them and will use them. Attacking Israel without your own nuke is tantamount to destruction. Those guys don't play.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

I have watched this thread in the hopes that someone here would be more creative.

Dropping a nuke on Israel? I think not.

What is the real end-game? Get creative.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I have watched this thread in the hopes that someone here would be more creative.

Dropping a nuke on Israel? I think not.

What is the real end-game? Get creative.

I hear the Iranians are developing a nuke which only kills jewish people and leaves Arabs and their property untouched:P I agree its true some people don't even use ten percent of their brains.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Just having the bomb changes the game....

MAD keeped the world in check for 65 years.. BUT, At the same time we planned to have and use limited tactical nukes ...;) The first thing to remember is that people do stupid shit all the time... Add god in to the thinking of anything your f#@ked....

I could see Iran thinking that it would get away some what ok after using a nuke on Israel... :S

Killler...