headoverheels

How long did it take at the polling place

Polling place?
Zero time.

Absentee ballot: about an hour. Maybe a bit more if you consider I had to go alllll the way to the garage to the kegerator for a refill.
B|

I changed my mailing address about 4 weeks ago, when I realized that election materials would not be forwarded to my temporary address. They changed me away from mail-in, and I didn't have time to change that. They also registered me at my temporary mailing address (big house remodel), so I didn't get to vote on measures in my own town.

I'd had absentee ballots for years, but never filled any out in time to mail -- I dropped them at a polling place on election days.

From the time you arrive at whatever line, until you got to the voting booth, how long?

For me, it was under a minute, no line.

Here in CA, at least locally, we have a lot of polling places; over 500 in my county alone. I voted at a Muslim meeting hall.

I have yet to see a video of 500 white people in the suburbs standing in line for 6 hours.

From the time you arrive at whatever line, until you got to the voting booth, how long?

For me, it was under a minute, no line.

Here in CA, at least locally, we have a lot of polling places; over 500 in my county alone. I voted at a Muslim meeting hall.

I have yet to see a video of 500 white people in the suburbs standing in line for 6 hours.

Well, they aren't giving out phones in those neighborhoods.;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

They are still standing in line at Ohio State campus despite the polls closing almost 3 hours ago. I know one of our friends waited about 2 hours in Columbus. They actually had pizza delivered while waiting.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

went around 6 pm, waited for about 50 minutes...and when we left the line was no shorter.

I am in California, usually vote by mail but for some reason we were moved to the "inactive voter" list so didn't get anything this year. not sure why or even how to fix that.

I'm actually quite interested to see turnout numbers this time. Based on anecdotal evidence (meaning, what i saw and what my facebook network is reporting), it seems more people came out to the polls this time.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

In any of the places that I have ever lived, I have never had to wait for more than 5 minutes. I live in suburbia though. My current home is on the edge of town, where all the police and fire fighters live (seriously).
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka