RonD1120

More on BHO & Benghazi

RonD1120

This is what is coming to light, IMO:

1. Ambassador Stevens is involved in weapons trading to rebels in Syria.

2. Al-Qaeda related Islamic terrorists plan attack at Benghazi.

3. Consulate in Benghazi calls for assistance when under attack and assistance is denied.

4. Assistance denied to protect BHO campaign.

5. Assistance denied to subvert attention away from weapons transaction.

6. BHO/HC provided BS cover story about an idiotic YouTube video that no one watched.

7. BHO disappears, Situation Room not activated.

8. BHO/HC hoped this would be a 24 hour flu that would go away.

9. Benghazi has become a case of full blown pneumonia.

Basically, my OP and I am sticking with it.

Not possible. zero promised that this would be the most transparent administration evah.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Andy9o8

***Can you please start posting information from sources other than the Blaze?

Apparently the answer to that is "No".

And now that the story is reported on ABC, NBC, MSNBC, NYT, CBS. and NPR, I guess that they are all part of a great right-wing conspiracy. When the Obama administration came out (over)forcefully about the protest over the video, the notion "thou doth protest to much methinks" came to mind. It is now clear that the Obama administration and all of its sycophants have egg on their collective faces. The fun is just starting.

You have to remember, if its in the weekly standard or on foxnews, it must be lies. If its on ABC, NBC, or CNN then it's better than gospel.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Gravitymaster

These investigations will go nowhere, as usual.

Hillary will be damaged but I suspect that has been taken into consideration. Remember, the Obama wing of the Democratic Party does not get along we'll with the Clinton wing. Biden and possibly Kerry have Presidential aspirations.

Hillary will get a lot of PR out of this. Her picture will be on one urinal to the left of Jane Fonda's in VFW Clubs across the country.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Kennedy

You have to remember, if its in the weekly standard or on foxnews, it must be lies. If its on ABC, NBC, or CNN then it's better than gospel.

If it comes from a very narrow band of ideological sources, it's suspect. Now it's getting broader coverage, I'll be paying more attention. I thought we were in agreement it was important to stay out of the echo chamber?
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

BTW this article is straight from MSNBC..the gospel as you say..

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — Presidential elections start in Iowa.

On Friday, Sen. Rand Paul put his stake in the ground for a possible run in 2016 by mocking the Obama administration and delivering a blistering critique of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's handling of the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. The administration has been criticized for failing to provide security during the attack and for its characterization of the incident afterward.

Speaking at the Iowa GOP’s annual Lincoln Dinner, Paul questioned the initial response to the attacks and asked, "First question to Hillary Clinton: Where in the hell were the Marines?"

"It was inexcusable, it was a dereliction of duty, and it should preclude her from holding higher office," the Kentucky Republican added to loud applause.

Republicans' search for a candidate to deliver their first victory in a presidential election since 2004 began as Paul used the plum speaking slot to plant the seeds for his own possible bid. And he won his biggest applause by taking on Clinton, who's seen as the early front-runner for the Democratic nomination to succeed President Barack Obama.

Paul was just elected to the Senate in 2010 and is perhaps best known as the son of the former Texas Congressman Ron Paul, whose two campaigns for president attracted a fervent, grassroots following that might translate to his son.

But the Kentucky senator has been far from shy about stoking speculation about his own play for the Republican nomination in 2016. He told reporters earlier Friday that he had not made up his mind and would not decide until 2014.

The fundraiser on Friday had unmistakable overtones of a presidential campaign, though the last one ended just six months ago. Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, captured that sentiment best in his speech preceding Paul's: "The process of selecting the next leader of the free world begins in Iowa, and it's already begun."

Paul's speech doubled at times as a comedy scene, as he seemed at ease before the crowd, stepping away from the podium, microphone in hand, to project a casual demeanor. He rattled off jokes about absurd pork-barrel projects, recalling the campaign style of Arizona Sen. John McCain as he ran for president in 2008.

But Paul also used his closely watched speech to offer his own prescriptions about the path forward for the Republican Party, which has been suffering from somewhat of an identity crisis since Mitt Romney lost to Obama in last fall's election.

On no issue is that crisis more clear than immigration. A bipartisan bill has advanced in the Senate to allow undocumented immigrants a pathway to citizenship, but King and Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, both railed against the proposal in their speeches before Paul's.

Paul has spoken in favor of some kind of immigration reform, a dicey topic before this Republican crowd, and he acknowledged those disagreements. But he also tried to align himself with King and Grassley — two of the most stalwart opponents of immigration reform.

"I'm also with Sen. Grassley and Congressman King on the fact that I think we were hoodwinked in 1968," he said, referencing the last time Congress passed a major immigration overhaul. "We were promised security, and it never came."

But Paul also said there's a "chance [he] could vote for the bill" if he can add amendments strengthening its border security measures.

Paul also spoke about broadening the party's appeal, namely to Latinos, African Americans and young voters.

"We're an increasingly diverse nation, and I think we do need to reach out to other people that aren't like us, don't look like us, don't wear the same clothes, that aren't exactly who we are," he said. "We're going to have to do something."

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/11/18183010-rand-paul-challenges-hillary-clinton-in-key-iowa-speech?lite

By the way Rand Paul went to high school in my hometown. He graduated around the same time period of my wife and we looked him up in the yearbook, although back then he called himself RandY Paul.

The Paul family moved to Lake Jackson, Texas, in 1968,[9][12] where Rand was raised[13][14] and his father began his medical practice and for an extent of time was the only obstetrician in Brazoria County.[9][12] When he was 13, his father was elected to the United States House of Representatives.[15] In his teenage years, Paul studied the Austrian economists that his father respected, as well as Ayn Rand.[9] Paul went to Brazoswood High School and was on the swimming team and played defensive back on the football team.[7][13] Paul attended Baylor University from fall 1981 to summer 1984. He was enrolled in the honors program at Baylor, and had scored approximately in the 90th percentile on the Medical College Admission Test.[16] During the time he spent at Baylor, he was involved in the swim team and Young Conservatives of Texas and was a member of a secret organization known as the NoZe Brotherhood.[17] Paul left Baylor early when he was accepted into the Duke University School of Medicine, where he earned his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree in 1988 and completed his residency in 1993.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_paul

If he does prevent that slug Hillary Clinton from being elected in 2016 that would make me very happy.

mistercwood

***You have to remember, if its in the weekly standard or on foxnews, it must be lies. If its on ABC, NBC, or CNN then it's better than gospel.

If it comes from a very narrow band of ideological sources, it's suspect. Now it's getting broader coverage, I'll be paying more attention. I thought we were in agreement it was important to stay out of the echo chamber?

Now it's just coming from a different very narrow band of ideological source.

regulator

"We're an increasingly diverse nation, and I think we do need to reach out to other people that aren't like us, don't look like us, don't wear the same clothes, that aren't exactly who we are," he said. "We're going to have to do something."

I may be reading into this too much, but the wording he used doesn't impress me. In the effort to be more inclusive (an effort which I'm happy to concede is possibly genuine), he's chosen language that is distinctly and inherently divisive. If the GOP is serious about it's push to reach out to minorities, they need to work on the polish a little more. As I said, though, maybe I'm reading into it too much... Time'll tell.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Gravitymaster

******You have to remember, if its in the weekly standard or on foxnews, it must be lies. If its on ABC, NBC, or CNN then it's better than gospel.

How so? Did the Blaze stop running stories on it? No? So now there's more solid coverage from both sides of the aisle. I can filter the rage from the right, and the softness of the left, and see what's left. It'll be closer to the truth than either side will have you believe. I meant what I said to Kennedy - I believe him when he says he wants to hear and learn from multiple viewpoints, and I'm looking to do the same. Partisanship is destroying your country, you could learn from this.

Although I believe the truth is the administration is inept at best when it comes to nat'l security I don't believe this will be the death toll for Hillary. As usual the DC 2 step will find some lesser player to take the hit. Remember Iran-Contra was an 18 month affair and didn't hurt George H W Bush in his presidential bid.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

mistercwood

*********You have to remember, if its in the weekly standard or on foxnews, it must be lies. If its on ABC, NBC, or CNN then it's better than gospel.

How so? Did the Blaze stop running stories on it? No? So now there's more solid coverage from both sides of the aisle. I can filter the rage from the right, and the softness of the left, and see what's left. It'll be closer to the truth than either side will have you believe. I meant what I said to Kennedy - I believe him when he says he wants to hear and learn from multiple viewpoints, and I'm looking to do the same. Partisanship is destroying your country, you could learn from this.

You could have done this "filtering" months ago

But until now, you didn't have to because the low information voters were not getting any info on this from the main stream media.

The claims have not changed for months. If anything, it is worse than even I thought
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

airdvr

Although I believe the truth is the administration is inept at best when it comes to nat'l security I don't believe this will be the death toll for Hillary. As usual the DC 2 step will find some lesser player to take the hit. Remember Iran-Contra was an 18 month affair and didn't hurt George H W Bush in his presidential bid.

I think you can very fairly have this opinion. Too many examples to argue against completely

But, there is a wild card in this mix. Biden and Kerry (and most likely others on the left) want to be president. They can rid themselves of her now, maybe
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Biden and Kerry (and most likely others on the left) want to be president. They can rid themselves of her now, maybe

Yep, maybe.

As a comparative example, look at recent Australian national politics. Recent Aussie party leaders' most dangerous political enemies have come from within the leaders' own parties. Could happen in the US, too.

Andy9o8

Biden and Kerry (and most likely others on the left) want to be president. They can rid themselves of her now, maybe

Yep, maybe.

As a comparative example, look at recent Australian national politics. Recent Aussie party leaders' most dangerous political enemies have come from within the leaders' own parties. Could happen in the US, too.

I've often wondered if we'd have so much misguided hatred aimed at our PM if she wasn't female, same as I've wondered if there'd be so much misguided hatred aimed at Obama if he wasn't black. O's probably an easier target, your economy's still climbing back. Ours has been golden damn near forever now, but people bitch and bitch and bitch... :|

Attempts at a coup within the ruling party here reflect that, it's PR pure and simple. The bigger threat to either main party here in the next election is independents, and it's bigger than either of them seem to realise.

[Reply]'ve often wondered if we'd have so much misguided hatred aimed at our PM if she wasn't female, same as I've wondered if there'd be so much misguided hatred aimed at Obama if he wasn't black.

Right. George W. Bush was so hated because he is white. Our President is hated no more than our prior President. Different haters, but the present are no more hateful than the past haters.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

[Reply]'ve often wondered if we'd have so much misguided hatred aimed at our PM if she wasn't female, same as I've wondered if there'd be so much misguided hatred aimed at Obama if he wasn't black.

Right. George W. Bush was so hated because he is white. Our President is hated no more than our prior President. Different haters, but the present are no more hateful than the past haters.

No, I'd say Bush-2 was hated by the left for much the same reason as Clinton was hated by the right. Obama is hated for all the reasons Clinton was, PLUS some people hate him all the more precisely because of all of his myriad personal ethnic potpourri. (But mostly because they think he's a nigger.)

Yup, I said it.

I really doubt that the attack could have been prevented, and I'm not so sure the embassy could have been saved, but having U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice go on TV to explain the situation makes about as much sense as having U.N. Ambassador Rice go on TV to explain why the Federal Open Markets Committee decided not to raise interest rates or why the Air Force chose a Boeing design over an Airbus for its new tanker.
It was obvious that Rice was used to deflect blame to the extent possible and take the heat to the extent necessary.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

lawrocket

I'm not disputing hatred in either case. I'm not disputing misguided hatred in either case. I am damn well contending there is shitload of extra hate purely based on the colour of the current presidents skin.

mistercwood

***[Reply]'ve often wondered if we'd have so much misguided hatred aimed at our PM if she wasn't female, same as I've wondered if there'd be so much misguided hatred aimed at Obama if he wasn't black.

I'm not disputing hatred in either case. I'm not disputing misguided hatred in either case. I am damn well contending there is shitload of extra hate purely based on the colour of the current presidents skin.

And I would argue there are just as many who support him just because he's black.