jclalor

Study: Free Birth Control Leads to Fewer Abortions

Who could possibly be against dramatically lowering the amount of abortions in this country.

"It's just an amazing improvement," Dr. James T. Breeden, president of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, said of the results. "I would think if you were against abortions, you would be 100 percent for contraception access."

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/10/05/study-free-birth-control-leads-to-fewer-abortions-2

Who could possibly be against dramatically lowering the amount of abortions in this country.

"It's just an amazing improvement," Dr. James T. Breeden, president of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, said of the results. "I would think if you were against abortions, you would be 100 percent for contraception access."

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/10/05/study-free-birth-control-leads-to-fewer-abortions-2

Don't expect logic from the religious right.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Wow, who'd a thunk it ?

Actually, for all the stink the religious right makes about teen pregnancy, the actual rate of teen pregnancies has been steadily going DOWN for almost forty years. But I suppose giving teenage girls birth control is like giving them permission to fuck, which they're going to do anyway....

Boys don't need permission to fuck, after all boys are boys.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Now if we can just convince some women that $9.00 per month for birth control is their responsibility, we will have something. Expecting tax payers to pay so you can fuck your brains out is a little like asking tax payers to pick up the bar tab for an alcoholic.

Let's get rid of Schedule A deduction for religious donations. Why should I pick up the tax tab for someone else's social club? Get rid of Schedule A deductions for mortgages too. And group (employer) health insurance for smokers, anyone overweight, skydivers and motorcycle riders.

Back to the thread, which wasn't about tax payers paying for contraception, it was about reducing abortions by providing contraception.

Now if we can just convince some women that $9.00 per month for birth control is their responsibility, we will have something. Expecting tax payers to pay so you can fuck your brains out is a little like asking tax payers to pick up the bar tab for an alcoholic.

Absolutely!

We need that money to spend on teachers so future voters can learn simple arithmetic like this.

How much annually is $9/month?

$9/month * 12 months/year is $108 / year

The standard exemption is $3,800 per dependent. Assuming taxmageddon does not happen, the lowest tax bracket for a new parent will be 10%. What will the minimum tax loss to the government for each new child

$3800 * 10% = $380.

How much less expensive is spending $9 / month for a woman's birth control than letting her give birth?

I'll leave that one for the reader.

>Expecting tax payers to pay so you can fuck your brains out is a little like asking tax
>payers to pick up the bar tab for an alcoholic.

Or asking taxpayers to give bennies to religions so they can molest little boys.

(Funny what a little rhetoric can do . . . )

Let's get rid of Schedule A deduction for religious donations. Why should I pick up the tax tab for someone else's social club? Get rid of Schedule A deductions for mortgages too. And group (employer) health insurance for smokers, anyone overweight, skydivers and motorcycle riders.

Back to the thread, which wasn't about tax payers paying for contraception, it was about reducing abortions by providing contraception.

YES to deleting deductions and exceptions and penalities and artificial tax incentives. Yes to insurance freedom (at least let the free market design the insurance policies and sell them at competitive rates for these risks that people choose for themselves). As well as letting people pay for their own birth control.

YES that good birth control also should (obviously) lead to fewer abortions. Definitely people should take responsibility and use birth control they can purchase easily on the free market.

nice post.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Damm sluts.
Remster

I also have to say that I'm really sick of this attitude that unless I pay for someones birth control, that I'll have to pay for her child. WTF ever happened to people taking responsibility for themselves (don't answer that, I already know why).

You have that backwards. You're ALREADY paying for that child. Wouldn't you rather pay less in the form of birth control? Or does it bother you that these girls (and boys) are enjoying teenage sex?

Those who worry about population figures overall, or for certain demographics will certainly prefer the contraceptive choice. Same for those who think these unwed teenage (and likely to be single) turn out little criminals.

OTOH, those who want population growth to keep feeding the SS and MC pyramid would prefer the babies and as many immigrants (legal or not) that can be found.

Damm sluts.

Damn drunks.

How do you go about changing human nature, so that everyone takes responsibility? It's a balance between our unwillingness to let people suffer serious damage from this type of decision (i.e. you don't hear about too many children dying of malnutrition in the US), and our desire for them to get the hell off their butts and actually do something.

So how to start?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Now if we can just convince some women that $9.00 per month for birth control is their responsibility, we will have something.

I'm pretty sure there were some men involved in deciding that health insurance plans should provide birth control.

Damm sluts.

I feel bad for any woman in both of your lives.

Damm sluts.

I feel for your inability to read nuance into what one of them wrote.

Damm sluts.

I do too, but mainly because she married THE Remster, not because of his dry internet humor.

:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I guess using your logic, the government providing $10 vaccinations to prevent the spread of communicable diseases is a waste of taxpayer money.

Where do you draw the line?

When the decision is based on an obvious cost-benefit to society, and is not based on emotion alone.