chuteless

hooray for the Ukraine

You'd better behave young man, because if you don't, I will tell Kim Jung Il about you and that would bring some unpleasantness into your life.

Yes....I said Kim Jung Il , of North Korea.

You are going to tell a dead guy about me, and he's going to do what to me exactly? Invade New Zealand?

Your relationship with reality is more tenuous than I suspected.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Do you ever get the feeling that concern for your fellow man is a total waste of mental energy?

People are born into sin, all forms of sin including homosexuality. They will not change until the pain of change is less than the pain of staying the same.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

For fuck sakes how can homosexuality be a sin if its genetic?

The pain of staying the same is only because people like you don't accept other people for who and what they are.

You profess to be a so called christian and I suggest you go read up on Mathew 7:1 and come back and tell me how this fit in your believe system and justify what you just said here.:(

For fuck sakes how can homosexuality be a sin if its genetic?

The pain of staying the same is only because people like you don't accept other people for who and what they are.

You profess to be a so called christian and I suggest you go read up on Mathew 7:1 and come back and tell me how this fit in your believe system and justify what you just said here.:(

We are all born into sin. Mathew 7:1 refers to judging one's soul. Only God can do that. We can however judge behavior.

Read Romans 1:18-28.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

We can however judge behavior.

First of all you did not answer my first question. If homosexuality is genetic how can it be a sin?
Secondly you are interpreting the bible as you seem fit. Math 7:1 states do not judge or you will be judged. Nothing else. if you are judging a thief on his behavior you're in essence judging the thief as well. You can't lock his behavior up for theft.

Which ever way you roll it you are judging and you can't have it both ways and you are twisting verses to fit your own agenda.

And I can tell you that my nephew don't want to be gay and he is one of the kindest persons that you will ever meet.

He has a hard time and is depressed quite a lot and its because of people like you that think it is your God given duty to judge other people's "behavior", while in fact no one has given you any authority to do so.

Sorry , but it IS an immoral lifestyle. TOTALLY !!!

Says who? Which set of morals are you using? Source please.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

We can however judge behavior.

First of all you did not answer my first question. If homosexuality is genetic how can it be a sin?
Secondly you are interpreting the bible as you seem fit. Math 7:1 states do not judge or you will be judged. Nothing else. if you are judging a thief on his behavior you're in essence judging the thief as well. You can't lock his behavior up for theft.

Which ever way you roll it you are judging and you can't have it both ways and you are twisting verses to fit your own agenda.

And I can tell you that my nephew don't want to be gay and he is one of the kindest persons that you will ever meet.

He has a hard time and is depressed quite a lot and its because of people like you that think it is your God given duty to judge other people's "behavior", while in fact no one has given you any authority to do so.

I, as well as everyone, was born with certain sinful predispositions. That is why Jesus died on the cross, for my, your's, your nephew's and all mankind's sin. We have to accept the gift of salvation by surrendering at the foot of the cross and asking Jesus to come into our hearts. It is called repentance or the changing of one's mind.

After accepting Jesus we have to work out our salvation but we never lose it.

You are judging my behavior. Everyone judges behavior but only God knows the condition on one's soul.

Sin separates us from spiritual relationship with God the Father. Behavior is the outward appearance of sin.

I, as well as everyone, was born with certain sinful predispositions. That is why Jesus died on the cross, for my, your's, your nephew's and all mankind's sin.

So I take it that if a person doesn't buy into this very big and very oogie-boogie assumption, then pretty much everything having to do with the Christian religions is irrelevant?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

A working person voting Rescumlican is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders.

I like that a lot; except the name calling.

I seriously think it is the propaganda coup of the century (so far) that the elite rich has been able to recruit for support the very people they are fucking over. Brilliant!

I, as well as everyone, was born with certain sinful predispositions. That is why Jesus died on the cross, for my, your's, your nephew's and all mankind's sin.

So I take it that if a person doesn't buy into this very big and very oogie-boogie assumption, then pretty much everything having to do with the Christian religions is irrelevant?

That is absolutely correct. It doesn't mean a thing until you stand before Jesus the Christ following your physical death.

That is absolutely correct. It doesn't mean a thing until you stand before Jesus the Christ following your physical death.

Then why do you insist upon people living like you think they should ?

I don't.

I've been painting my garage and thinking about your nephew. He is living in a terrible state of mind and he is probably going to need some help to find any peace. His depression is rooted in the double bind of his thinking, IMO

The way I see it he has two choices. (1) Get counseling to accept himself in the lifestyle. Marinus posts here regularly and might be able to offer some insight in that regard. (2) Get counseling to guide him out of the lifestyle. This choice may lead to psychiatric treatment which will likely involve Rx medication.

The downside of Rx meds is that he may become dependent on the meds and not really learn how to live with himself.

Bottom line these are all his choices. He needs your support which ever path he chooses.

>The way I see it he has two choices. (1) Get counseling to accept himself in the
>lifestyle. Marinus posts here regularly and might be able to offer some insight in that
>regard. (2) Get counseling to guide him out of the lifestyle. This choice may lead to
>psychiatric treatment which will likely involve Rx medication.

Two good options. Also encouraging is the slow shift in society; many gay people today do not have the sort of depression that was often common in gays of the 1970's and 1980's because they are no longer ostracized, condemned, imprisoned etc.

You'd better behave young man, because if you don't, I will tell Kim Jung Il about you and that would bring some unpleasantness into your life.

Yes....I said Kim Jung Il , of North Korea.

You are going to tell a dead guy about me, and he's going to do what to me exactly? Invade New Zealand?

Your relationship with reality is more tenuous than I suspected.

:D:D:D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The way I see it he has two choices. (1) Get counseling to accept himself in the lifestyle. Marinus posts here regularly and might be able to offer some insight in that regard. (2) Get counseling to guide him out of the lifestyle. This choice may lead to psychiatric treatment which will likely involve Rx medication.

The downside of Rx meds is that he may become dependent on the meds and not really learn how to live with himself.

Bottom line these are all his choices. He needs your support which ever path he chooses.

So bottom line of your bottom line... get counseling which will likely lead to drugging him out of his homosexuality??? Wow... those like you are why I no longer consider myself a Christian (raised very strongly that way, son of a choir director...). That is the most myopic view I have ever heard. Your God will judge you for your judging of others, count on it.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

So bottom line of your bottom line... get counseling which will likely lead to drugging him out of his homosexuality??? Wow... those like you are why I no longer consider myself a Christian (raised very strongly that way, son of a choir director...). That is the most myopic view I have ever heard. Your God will judge you for your judging of others, count on it.

Did you just skip over choice (1)? The problem I addressed was depression not homosexuality.

The WORD of God, the only one that is authentically HIS WORD, The Authorized King James Bible

Because as everyone knows God is English.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

King James version..written when? By whom? And "authorized by what person? Centuries after all the main cahracters were dead. I suppose you actually believe that some of those pretty boy oil paintings created during the renaissance period were accurate as to how people looked and dressed 2000+ years ago. It's a story created to explain really deep and radical ideas to really uneducated people. If the Creator is responsible for all that has been and all that will be then he/she is responsible for how people are born and how they choose to live etc.

Aw, what do I know anyway. I just got off the spaceship myself.

The Great Spirit and the Earth Mother are laughing at you.
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

Did you just skip over choice (1)? The problem I addressed was depression not homosexuality.

Ah my bad. You did suggest he get counseling for his depression because he is living in immoral sin by his choice. "Get over it, you'll always be damned to eternal suffering in the pits of Hell"? And if he doesn't like that alternative, try the drugs?
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

King James version..written when? By whom? And "authorized by what person? Centuries after all the main cahracters were dead. I suppose you actually believe that some of those pretty boy oil paintings created during the renaissance period were accurate as to how people looked and dressed 2000+ years ago. It's a story created to explain really deep and radical ideas to really uneducated people. If the Creator is responsible for all that has been and all that will be then he/she is responsible for how people are born and how they choose to live etc.

That is your proof that there is no "Authorized version" of the Bible. There is no Gospel according to Jesus the Christ, there is no writing that someone saw the big floating hand in the sky write onto a piece of parchment. There are only man's versions of the stories and man's hundreds of translations since said stories were supposed to have occurred.

- RiggerLee

>King James version..written when?

Around 1605.

> By whom?

Robert Barker.

>And "authorized" by what person?

King James I of England.

>Centuries after all the main cahracters were dead.

Ironically, yes. I always found it odd that Chuteless did not think that the manuscripts that the KJV were based on were valid, but this version of the Bible is. (He also doesn't think the Revised King James Version, the New King James Version or the 21st Century King James Version are valid.)