shah269

Why not reschedule?

I know it's a silly question and all but..why doesn't the GOP just reschedule due to the storm?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Why not a solid week? Then make sure all is well and go froward?

What is the hurry? Am i missing something?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Money, spent and needed to be raised for their effort in November.

If they delay too long (and even a week can be too long), they can fall behind in money raising for their campaign. They have to announce Romney, make it official, so the RNC can focus, like the DNC has been focused, on supporting one candidate.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If they delay too long (and even a week can be too long), they can fall behind in money raising for their campaign. They have to announce Romney, make it official, so the RNC can focus, like the DNC has been focused, on supporting one candidate.

Matt

AAHHHH!!!! Silly me thank you! I was wondering why!
Thanks!

Ok don't hold your breath but i think we just had a civilized discussion in the Speakers Corner.

It would be a logistics nightmare. Not that simple for an event of this scale. Venues for various functions are spread throughout the Tampa Bay area and have been reserved for months. They may not become available at the same time without advanced planning. Delegates have to return to their jobs. Security, road closings, etc. have been planned for this week. Businesses in the area have either geared up for the influx of people or have otherwise made plans with regard to the event. The number I heard was that 50k people who are somehow associated with the event are set to arrive and may not be able to reschedule for one reason or another. Hookers and exotic dancers have already begun to arrive and they also would have to upset their normal business schedule ...not to mention the protesters who also have other places to be at other times. All the balloons would have to be deflated wasting perfectly good air. I'm sure the same problems would prevent the DNC from simply being able to reschedule.

I know it's a silly question and all but..why doesn't the GOP just reschedule due to the storm?

Seriously?

Have you ever been on a volunteer team of any sort?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get 4 people just to agree where to go to lunch? I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone gets that many people to show up for anything.

Tell them to reschedule? Are you out of your flippin' mind?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone gets that many people to show up for anything.

Ever try free beer?

I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone gets that many people to show up for anything.

Ever try free beer?

Somehow with Mitt as the candidate, I don't think free beer is going to figure into a lot of what's going on (officially).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Seriously?

Have you ever been on a volunteer team of any sort?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to get 4 people just to agree where to go to lunch? I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone gets that many people to show up for anything.

Tell them to reschedule? Are you out of your flippin' mind?

thanks... I thought the world was about to end there for a minute.
--
Rob

Ever try free beer?

Somehow with Mitt as the candidate, I don't think free beer is going to figure into a lot of what's going on (officially).

Oh yeah he's one of those people....

WTF do Mormans drink anyway! NO beer no coffe....WTF!

Free....aaahh....virgins?

Matt

AAHHHH!!!! Silly me thank you! I was wondering why!
Thanks!

Ok don't hold your breath but i think we just had a civilized discussion in the Speakers Corner.

And you managed to make a post without talking about someones size or disrespecting someone. Holy fuck it's a new day.

The goal of the GOP is to solve problems not lay blame and run from them.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Ever try free beer?

free beer isn't enough when you have people flying in from all 50 states plus territories. Nevermind that if they delayed, then they would either compete with the DNCs' event...TV coverage is messed up now. They want exclusivity of coverage.

Besides, this is a cat 1 hurricane...for someone in Florida I imagine that's like a 4.0 earthquake.