mpohl

When will the NRA be designated as a Terrorist Organization???

Spence,

you are right! Maybe Police in the US needs to be outlawed, too. They certainly are deadly, don't have a clue what they are doing. And I never experienced them as public servants!!!

They certainly have never served me! :):)

The NRA is one of the deadliest forces in our society.
I know, "Guns don't kill ppl, ppl kill people!" So the slogan goes.

But how many mass killings would happen in the US if the attacker were req to hack his victims to shreds, or suffocating them one-by-one? Hand-to-hand combat!!?

And yeah, another 11 victims in NYC today. It's becoming a daily occurrence.

It should be pointed out that it's looking like 10 of them were shot by police.

CS, relax!!

You think it is bad on the Internet?

Try living in a primordial society. :)

Another post where hindisght is useful. 11 people shot? Yeah. Ten by the police.

And it's also interesting to me that a group that advocates for the continual lack of government intrusion into a Constitutional right is "terrorist?"

Let's name the ACLU while we're at it. You know how many people have been killed by expression of ideas? When speech is free people get killed. And only by killing them may we protect people, eh Josef?

How about the American Automobile association? Kills tens of thousands each year.

Or the American Medical Association. Know how many iatrogenic fatalities there are each year?

Maybe we should call the American government terrorist. Seeing as how inactivity is now the biggest killer, the government encourages people to sit on their asses.

Or in the case of NYC - we've got cops shooting up a crowd. New York's finest terrorist organization. That's it!!!

You call yourself a lawyer. I call your entire post an embarassement for your guild. I would not spend a penny to hire you.

That's it. :|

SAUL?? It's you, Saul!!
I am sure.

I highly recommend this guy for anyone's legal needs.
Here is his web site, http://www.bettercallsaul.com.

Thanks Lawrocket (Saul) for all your services. I couldn't have done it w/o you. You are one of a kind!!!!

Kinda weird. The State of California thinks I'm competent. Even attorneys I have cases against think I'm competent.

But I'm not, since what I describe about the way it works where you are. I'm sorry. I should know that your way is the only way it's done and the only way it should ever be done. I failed to realize your test is what counts in this world.

I do have a court appearance tomorrow. I'll be sure to tell the judge, "But christelsabine says it's supposed to be x."

Bullshit

But how many mass killings would happen in the US if the attacker were req to hack his victims to shreds, or suffocating them one-by-one? Hand-to-hand combat!!?

Significantly less, but that has nothing to do with the NRA.

how many mass killings would happen in the US if the attacker were req to hack his victims to shreds, or suffocating them one-by-one? Hand-to-hand combat!!?

Probably about the same...maybe less people would die in those attacks but they'd certainly experience a more gory/painful death...

However, you can't require these nut jobs to kill in a particular manner...if they wanted to, they could easily just plow through a crowded school yard at 80mph in a Toyota and blame in on faulty brakes...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Care to explain yourself a bit more on a rational level?????

If you can! Which I doubt!

Bullshit

So guns should be illegal?

Please go on and tell me more about how these criminal mass murders would follow those laws. Wake the hell up. All you would be doing is taking the guns out of the citizen's hands that choose to follow the law. They aren't the ones I am worried about. I want those guys to be able to protect themselves. The bad guys would still (illegally) have guns.

Care to refute that statement in a rational matter?

If you can? Which I doubt!
I am an asshole, but I am honest

>But how many mass killings would happen in the US if the attacker were req to
>hack his victims to shreds, or suffocating them one-by-one? Hand-to-hand combat!!?

Probably a lot less. But you could ask the same of a lot of things:

How many killings would happen if you imprisoned all blacks?

How many killings would happen if you imprisoned all men?

How many killings would happen if every house in the US had a police video camera mounted in it?

How many killings would happen if people weren't allowed out at night?

In all cases, you could probably cut down significantly on the number of killings. How many are worth it?

>But how many mass killings would happen in the US if the attacker were req to
>hack his victims to shreds, or suffocating them one-by-one? Hand-to-hand combat!!?

Probably a lot less.

Nope. According to _Mother Jones_ there have been 60 mass shootings over the 30 year period between 1982 and 2012 and you can't end up at "a lot less" when you're starting with only 2 a year especially when you consider it in relative terms compared to the 300,000,000 people living in this country.

We'd eliminate about half (assuming they didn't kill each other in prison) but not care much. I find it interesting that we make a big deal about one white guy killing 12 people of varying races but not (on average) fourteen black people killing each other every day of the year.

How many killings would happen if every house in the US had a police video camera mounted in it?

In all cases, you could probably cut down significantly on the number of killings. How many are worth it?

I wonder how many we'd eliminate if we got rid of local payment for and control over schools plus made neglecting to get an education uncool in the same way we've turned smokers into pariahs.

Violent crime including murder goes with economic disparity where poor earnings come from a lack of education. The public schools providing that education are paid for (through property taxes) and controlled (as in the curriculum) by the local populations where the parents have low educational attainment and income to match.

So guns should be illegal?

That doesn't work so well.

In 1974 Jamaica decided that only the police and military can legally own handguns. They imposed mandatory life sentences for illegal possession, created special gun courts where people are tried without juries behind closed doors, and did warrantless searches. Following the ban the murder rate skyrocketed past 60 per 100,000 inhabitants although at only 41 per 100,000 in 2012 it's near the post-ban low.

How many killings would happen if you imprisoned all men?

Once again, billvon injects reason and rationality in the conversation, narrowing it down to the core issue: "what price are we willing to pay?"

I could expand somewhat. In many places that lack a history of civil liberties, it's easy to do this stuff. It would have been relatively easy to simply imprison all blacks at an earlier point in this nation's history. But since there has been a inurement to freedom for them such a move would be met with fierce resistance.

Much the same with firearms. Much like with illegal immigrants. There are just so many and they are so institutionalized that, as a pragmatic matter, it will be impossible to get rid of them while operating within established rules.

Many believe that the end of guns is worth the trampling of the established rights that we have. "The ends justify the means." "By any means necessary."

I don't think it's worth it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The National Rifle Association of the United Kingdom was founded in 1859 (twelve years before the NRA in the US). It was granted a charter of incorporation by Queen Victoria in 1890. They're NOT the same organization as the NRA in the United States, are not related to them, and they are the governing body of pistol and rifle shooting sports in the UK. Two countries just happen to have "National" rifle associations.

The GB Olympic shooting team have to practice somewhere in Europe because they're not allowed to keep the weapons in the UK. We've pretty much not had any pistol shooting in the UK since the Dunblane shootings.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

The National Rifle Association of the United Kingdom was founded in 1859 (twelve years before the NRA in the US). It was granted a charter of incorporation by Queen Victoria in 1890. They're NOT the same organization as the NRA in the United States, are not related to them, and they are the governing body of pistol and rifle shooting sports in the UK. Two countries just happen to have "National" rifle associations.

The GB Olympic shooting team have to practice somewhere in Europe because they're not allowed to keep the weapons in the UK. We've pretty much not had any pistol shooting in the UK since the Dunblane shootings.

That is a big loss for the people of great britain.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I know, "Guns don't kill ppl, ppl kill people!" So the slogan goes.

And yeah, another 11 victims in NYC today. It's becoming a daily occurrence.

Yup. One killed by the gunman -- the rest of the victims shot by police!
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I'm just going to come out and say you are reaching for reactions. I would say far worse, but knowing the rules here, the mods would not look favorably on me.

Don't like guns, don't buy one. If you have one, you better use it when you really need it. If not, you better pray you don't end up in a situation where you wished you could have had one.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban