shah269

So now that it's over why did we do it?

I sometimes call myself Prometheus! Not that I have a god complex or anything but I love to shine light on peoples stupidity.
Whether it be chubby chasing engineers arguing "Because she is nice" as a good excuse as to why they are dating a land whale to "handsome engineering" women who's egos is equal to their thick thighs and bulbous middle section wondering why the "love" they feel while at work doesn't extend to the bar where they can't seem to get a drink even if they paid for it!

But I hold my best lines for religious folks, any religion will do be it Islam to Christianity, and Republicans.

And I would love to share with all of you my latest and greatest line that will make your Teaparty / AmericaFuQyeah neighbor or best friend do the angry dance. Simply and frankly ask "So now that the Iraq war is over and we lost a good 5k men, and injured well over 60k great people and put our country into debt....what was that war all about?"

And when they go on about 911 or Alqueda simply point out that none of those terrorists were from Iraq. And then they will go about WMD's and then let them know we found none. And then they will go about making Iraq safer for its people and then let them know about all the car bombings still going on. And after shooting down all of their points just sit back and watch them turn 50 shades of red and odds are they will start attacking you for no apparent reason.

I'm not saying it's right, but if you ever have one of those days where you feel that you are not feeling great about yourself this like watching Jerry Springer for an hour will make you feel like a god among men!

Go on it's hump day give it a shot and report back!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Can you make any post without referring to people that are fatter than you would like them to be?

What did the Vatican finally ok Low Cal Body and Blood of Christ? I'm telling you! What is that 10 calories! That's way too much for me that early in the morning!

If that didn't make you laugh...odds are you may be dead! But just to be sure we will wait for 3 days.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

>I sometimes call myself Prometheus! Not that I have a god complex or anything but
>I love to shine light on peoples stupidity.

Theia was the Goddess of Heavenly Light (and sight.) Prometheus is the guy who stole fire from the Gods.

(sitting back to see if you turn 50 shades of red . . . .)

Well i don't mean to brag but...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus
Prometheus (Greek: Προμηθεύς) is a Titan, culture hero, and trickster figure who in Greek mythology is credited with the creation of man from clay and the theft of fire for human use, an act that enabled progress and civilization. He is known for his intelligence, and as a champion of mankind.

Please Wiki you are just too kind!

What was it about?

Justifiable revenge corrupted into unjustifiable opportunism.

The righteous fought to bring the unrighteousness down, while the opportunists sought to capitalize on the business of death and possible control of oil.

It's the story of global good and evil where all parts were played by all players depending on their point of view.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I consider our invasion of Iraq to be an heroic effort to validate my observation that our only limitless resource is stupidity.

That is about the only thing we could have hoped to achieve in the endeavor, and I think said goal was accomplished with flying colors.

My favorite one that causes GOPers to turn 50 shades of red is

"We went into Iraq so Jesus H Bush could prove to his old man that he could do what the old man was smart enough not to have done!"

Or

"We went into Iraq so that Jesus H Bush could prove to his old man that he was more of a man than the old man was."

You can say all you want about the boy, but man his father had set of balls on him! Navy Aviator! Head of the CIA! WOOH! SMART MAN!

But the boy...oh that boy...
http://cloudfront4.bostinno.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Stephen-Feck.gif

>My favorite one that causes GOPers to turn 50 shades of red is

>"We went into Iraq so Jesus H Bush could prove to his old man that he could do what
>the old man was smart enough not to have done!"

Or they'll just do what you do - "We went into Iraq to stop Saddam from bombing the US! Duh. And it worked, didn't it." Then they'll shake their heads sadly at your misunderstanding and walk away.

Yeah! See this is the magic of this argument!
The GOPers think the rest of us forgot all about all of that "March of freedom, either with us or against" us crap they were spewing.

So it's like walking up and drop kicking an annoying quadriplegic kid who thinks he knows everything about physics!
Sure it's wrong and you know you shouldn't do it....but the bitch is so annoying!

So go on its hump day you are bored to tears at work. Have fun! Find that GOPers who put that stupid ribbon on her desk, chair, car, bike, hat and most likely his toilet seat and high fived himself watching Faux news. And make him get pissed off and go sit back down.

I assure you it will be fun and you will feel so much better about yourself!

Here is how mine went;
Shah "Hey remember when you were all gung ho about liberating Iraq because of WMD's and Al-Qaida?"

Goper Engineer "yeah!"

Shah "So why did we do that again? WE didn't find any of those things there did we?"

Goper Engineer "aah for freedom!"

Shah "Yeah I think Jesus Bush ran in there to try and increase his testicular mass and one up his father who was the war hero."

Goper Engineer (now a nice shade of red) "Yeah well Obama didn't show his birth certificate!"

Shah "Yeah, he just had a copy. But how about those tax records from Romeney?"

Goper Engineer (Red as a tomato with veins sticking out of his neck!) "Yeah well you are a poopy head!"

Shah "Yeah a poopy head..."

God I feel better! Like a god!

We just annoy the liberals by reminding them that nearly every Democrat voted to go to war. We remind them of Hillary Clinton giving a speech and claiming Saddam had WMD's. Then we remind them that Bill Clinton, Sandy Berger and nearly every Democrat in the Clinton Administration and in Congress thought Iraq had WMD's.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp
Left-Wingers really hate to be reminded of this. But we get a good laugh when they turn red from embarrasment and start sputtering nonsense they have been programed to spew. We just laugh and laugh and laugh at them. Then we snicker and laugh some more.

We just annoy the liberals by reminding them that nearly every Democrat voted to go to war. We remind them of Hillary Clinton giving a speech and claiming Saddam had WMD's. Then we remind them that Bill Clinton, Sandy Berger and nearly every Democrat in the Clinton Administration and in Congress thought Iraq had WMD's.

Left-Wingers really hate to be reminded of this. But we get a good laugh when they turn red from embarrasment and start sputtering nonsense they have been programed to spew. We just laugh and laugh and laugh at them. Then we snicker and laugh some more.

Good that you think thousands of dead US servicemen and some $Trillion pissed away is a laughing matter. A excellent indicator of your judgment.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Good that you think thousands of dead US servicemen and some $Trillion pissed away is a laughing matter. A excellent indicator of your judgment.

No, but a good indicator of your lack of comprehension.

http://www.snopes.com/...cs/war/wmdquotes.asp

Bullshit in, bullshit out.

Is it the Democrats fault that either your intelligence service is grossly incompetent or have been actively lieing?

Perfect. You two can both sit there, each trying to piss off the other one, and then laugh in contempt at each other, each smugly certain of your superiority. I figure you're both good for a few hours of that a day. It would save this place from such drivel.

Interesting.

Before the invasion, most everyone agreed that Iraq had WMD. They used them on Kurds. They used them on Iran. Surely they had them if they used them, right? (inescapable logic)

Immediately before the invasion, planes flew to Iran and Syria for safe storage. Truck convoys streamed to Syria. Equipment that could not be transported was buried and otherwise hidden. Something was leaving that country in a hurry.

Once we arrived, we didn't find WMD. Nobody cared to invade Iran or Syria to find out what was sent there.

Conclusion? There was never any WMD. The intelligence services are incompetent. Two parties blame each other with great venom.

All of my furniture has been moved from my house. Some people on this forum would look in my house right now and conclude there was never any furniture there.

Common sense is just not as common as the name would imply.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Immediately before the invasion, planes flew to Iran and Syria for safe storage. Truck convoys streamed to Syria. Equipment that could not be transported was buried and otherwise hidden. Something was leaving that country in a hurry.

Once we arrived, we didn't find WMD. Nobody cared to invade Iran or Syria to find out what was sent there.

Conclusion? There was never any WMD. The intelligence services are incompetent. Two parties blame each other with great venom.

If that was the case, there was also no risk of immenent attack to the US and therefor no reason to invade Iraq.

Indeed.

>Before the invasion, most everyone agreed that Iraq had WMD.

That's certain - we sold the ingredients to Iraq and gave them military intel so they could use them effectively against Iran.

>Conclusion? There was never any WMD.

Nope, no one said that. UN weapons inspectors just said there were no WMD's that were not accounted for when we invaded.

> Some people on this forum would look in my house right now and conclude there
>was never any furniture there.

True. But a smarter person would conclude that there was simply no furniture there now - and thus it would be pointless to mount an operation to find and remove your furniture.

All of my furniture has been moved from my house. Some people on this forum would look in my house right now and conclude there was never any furniture there.

Well, now that I'm in charge, I can't help it if my dad was too much of a weiner to take you out when he had the chance. But I sure as hell can show him up now, and I can assuage my Oedipus complex and show my domineering mommy that I'm a real man. You have 5 minutes to get out of your house and publicly surrender in your skivvies, or I'm comin' in shootin'.

I sometimes call myself Prometheus!

when/where is the show to watch you have your liver ripped out repeatedly?

Hey it grows back! :P

Hey take it from a guy who was there during the Iran Iraq war. Saddam had to go but well it's like this.
There are two ways to change the oil in your car.
One is the easy way and the other invovles crashing your car and cracking the block.

Interesting.

Before the invasion, most everyone agreed that Iraq had WMD. They used them on Kurds. They used them on Iran. Surely they had them if they used them, right? (inescapable logic)

Look, they had WMDs and we have the receipts to prove it.

Actually, if possession of WMDs constitutes a casus belli, we're screwed. The US of A is WMD Central, and we're the only country that has used Nuclear, Chemical AND Biological agents in practice. If there is anyone who cannot be trusted with WMDs, it's us.

Saddam Hussein was a rank amateur. He killed, what, a few thousand people with chemical agents? Hell, we wiped out orders of magnitude more, and acieved a kill rate that was the envy of many an aspiring master of genocide (think Shoshone - 100% kill rate on various tribes by deliberate and methodical infection with smallpox).

I recall Pik Botha's reaction to Jimmy Carter's criticism, where he said that following the US' example on treatment of its indiginous population was out of the question, since they couldn't justify killing all those people.

Well, the Iraq invasion may have been pointless, but at least it cost a staggering amount of money. "Can we afford it? Sure, just put it on our tab."

BSBD,

Winsor