SpeedRacer

Most Christians accept evolution

I'm just rejecting beliefs you and others are espousing.

clearly this statement shows you aren't then reading my posts and are just trolling along - I'm agnostic, if that, I don't really care about the existence or non-existence of deities, though I lean to non, because the rationalization of the pro side is a bit silly to me for all the religions - though a giant bowl of spaghetti sounds awesome

the ONLY belief I'm espousing is respecting and tolerating others

the irony of your post in terms of tolerance is amazing here

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm just rejecting beliefs you and others are espousing.

clearly this statement shows you aren't then reading my posts and are just trolling along - I'm agnostic, if that, I don't really care about the existence or non-existence of deities, though I lean to non, because the rationalization of the pro side is a bit silly to me for all the religions - though a giant bowl of spaghetti sounds awesome

Nope I read your posts. You sound like a mealy mouthed half believer christian apologist. Shit or get off the pot bro.

Nope I read your posts. You sound like a mealy mouthed half believer christian apologist. Shit or get off the pot bro.

you sound a lot like middle century bishops and cardinals did

have a good weekend - partly cloudy here

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

you sound a lot like middle century bishops and cardinals did

have a good weekend - partly cloudy here

I may sound like them, but what I'm saying is based in reality and I don't molest kids. You have a good weekend too.

what I'm saying is based in reality and I don't molest kids

that's always a plus

blue skies

>you sound a lot like middle century bishops and cardinals did

"What? You're not an atheist? CALL THE SWEDISH INQUISITION!"

And you assemble IKEA furniture as your punishment?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So, we shouldn't argue with Ron because he's delusional and it's not fair on him to be pitted against clear minded people capable of rational argument?

You're right, that's far less arrogant:P

If you are going to try and insult me at least choose terms correctly. Try and pick some that you truly understand the accepted definition.

See: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual -IV
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I'd rather use my energy trying to knock down large organized and corrupt political groups. I think it's more productive than trying to knock out an individual's personal coping methods.

Yeah, but when you attack the organisation of the catholic (or other) church they react just as personally anyway.;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I think toleration of religious beliefs (to a certain extent of course) is a great good, but respect is a little bit too much to ask. Faith by its very definition is belief without proof, and that's just stupid. People are free to have faith but they really should keep it to themselves.

Religion is not a 'tool' it is an intellectual cage. If anyone is using it as a tool it is those in power using it to control you.

Your professors still feeding you shit? The post reads as though you actually know that as fact. Wrong.

They do not help anyone.

Wrong again.

If someone thinks it helped them they are delusional.

Wrong again.

People that sit on the fence between the two sides and make apologies for religious extremists might as well be extremists themselves.

Wrong again.

By supporting this tripe in any way you are just validating and lending moral support to a morally and philosophically bankrupt system of thought control

Guess what? Wrong again.

Your prof is batting ZERO.

and I refuse to agree with any of that. The truth will always win in the end.

And that OK. What's weird is how others' beliefs bother you so much. Your life must be miserable. What's even weirder is your arrogant need to have everyone believe as you do....and that's not OK regardless of who is doing your thinking for you.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't know or care if Jesus actually existed. I'm just responding to your claims that he does.

Right.
Giving you a break and assuming this to be true, your narrow vision of what "proof" means only allows for the currently-known physical. Changing the goal posts from "physical proof" to "objective proof" doesn't mask your lack of understanding, tolerance and humility.

Profs...gotta love 'em.

>BTW, this talk of Jesus existing is irrelevant to the question of whether or not a deity exists.

Uh, OK. You brought it up to "show my bias." I agree that it's not conclusive proof of a deity, and that he likely did exist.

About as likely as Ajax and Achilles.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Religion is like genitalia. It is fine to have either,

not to be confused with having both

which would be confusing, and distracting

I'm thinking "much more fun".....
:o:P

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
Refreshing to see a measure of real thinking.

I think toleration of religious beliefs (to a certain extent of course) is a geat goo, but respect is a little bit too much to ask.

For many in today's world, yes. Many do not have a level of understanding and tolerance that enables them to be respectful of others....beliefs or otherwise.

Faith by its very definition is belief without proof, and that's just stupid.

Well. Thank you for you contribution. It's off-base but thanks anyway. I never realized that I needed to live my life according to your definitions of "faith" and "stupid".

People are free to have faith but they really should keep it to themselves.

And by the same token, people are free to NOT have faith but they really should keep it to themselves.

Ahhhhh...but that doesn't fly with you, does it?
Ask yourself why that is.

This is where you blew it John.
You may remember that Ajax actually existed.

"Use Ajax, bum, bum,
The foaming cleanser, bum bum bum-bum bum bum
Get's things clean, just like a whiz
bum bum bum-bum-bum bum bum"

....and Achilles!
Well!
I can't tell you how much my very real pain in my heel area is bothering me.

:P

>BTW, this talk of Jesus existing is irrelevant to the question of whether or not a deity exists.

Uh, OK. You brought it up to "show my bias." I agree that it's not conclusive proof of a deity, and that he likely did exist.

Significantly less likely.

I'm done tip toeing around the arrogantly delusional cultists all around me. Times are a-changin' folks. Get on the trolley or get left behind.

Ding! Ding! All aboard. Where ya goin;? Any where different than I've already been? I've got a closet full of been there done that T-shirts.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I fail to see why denying an entire box of tools, in a system so complex (human psyche), is a good thing. Relying on only that box is also bad; just think about the kids (like you) who rebelled.

Wendy P.

In the counseling field we call that an eclectic approach. We are ethically bound to walk the path the client walks.

Here in SC it is pretty much a free fire zone. Don't cha think?

This forum is similar to an encounter group. The difference being the group rules have not been firmly established and agreed upon. Encounter groups also have a beginning and an end. SC goes on ad nauseam, as Winsor would say.

So Ron, if non-believers are so eclectic, and over 90% of Americans believe in God, I guess your path isn't all that narrow is it?

http://www.claybennett.com/pages2/theaters.html

I was using the term eclectic as a counseling term. I don't know what you are talking about.

To clarify, I am a Christian who was employed as a counselor. Prior to that I had a private Christian counseling practice. Two different job descriptions and functions.