ryoder

State of IL - Homeless Status Certification

Only the government would ask a homeless man for his address.

Bwahaha. I missed that on first glance. Here I was all set to give a balanced, "thoughtful" anzswer, and it turns out the correct answer is "They're dumbasses".

Only the government would ask a homeless man for his address.

Bwahaha. I missed that on first glance. Here I was all set to give a balanced, "thoughtful" anzswer, and it turns out the correct answer is "They're dumbasses".

No
Now they are registered voters

Gotta love IL
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Fifth Ave. Underpass, corner of walk and don't walk.

Or: "In a van, down by the river.":D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxm3fqmRtQc

at about the 35second mark

these govt. people are fucking tools. Only in America would you have to 'certify' that you are homeless.

An example of goobermint agencies competing for 'America's Dumbest'.

It HAS to be intentional. It just HAS to.

Think about it. This form had to be created from scratch. Some goober dreamed up this form and during the entire drafting and approval process, not one goobermint worker caught it.
Un-freakin-believable,
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I was referring to the state government employees who drafted and approved the form.

It all ties together
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxm3fqmRtQc

at about the 35second mark

these govt. people are fucking tools. Only in America would you have to 'certify' that you are homeless.

An example of goobermint agencies competing for 'America's Dumbest'.

It HAS to be intentional. It just HAS to.

Think about it. This form had to be created from scratch. Some goober dreamed up this form and during the entire drafting and approval process, not one goobermint worker caught it.
Un-freakin-believable,

Bit of a thread drift...but it reminds me of something I saw on TV years ago - an interviewee on some news show was talking about adult illiteracy. During the interview, they flashed the address of some outfit that provided adult literacy lessons onto the screen. The interviewee then said that illiterate adults watching the show should copy down this address. The news guy then sorta went :o and said "But they can't read it!"

I've been volunteering in a couple of homeless help centers in Houston recently. If you you're homeless, you can ask to use their address for mail (e.g. food stamps, social security), and pick up your mail there, just like people used to pick up from general delivery addresses.

At the one I've been at more recently, the workers know a large proportion of the people. And the people who come in are generally grateful enough that even if they're hopeless alcoholics or druggies, they still don't come in all messed up. They come in , get breakfast, take a shower, get their laundry done, eat lunch, and head out. A success story is when someone gets a job and can move into the YMCA. The free books table gets a LOT of use.

They request that people who come in volunteer when they can. There are a couple of volunteers who are now employed and still volunteer. One guy was extremely proud of the fact that he has a job that he works at 3 days a week. He rides his bike 15 minutes to the bus stop, takes the bus, rides his bus to the job, and repeats at night. A lot can go wrong with a plan like htat, but he deserves every bit of pride his has in his weekly life. He's sober, he's employed, and he's helping other people. Man, that's success.

So yeah, it's kind of weird asking for homeless certification, but I now understand it.

Wendy P.

PS -- the guy who was getting multiple SS checks was told that he could no longer receive his mail there -- they do pay attention to what you're doing.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Plus they need to know where to find them when election time rolls around so they can pick them up, drive them to the polls and then promise a free meal and a bottle of wine for the right vote.

ding ding ding
Abraham Lincoln

a. well, since you can't verify their vote, it might be a pointless exercise
b. I doubt that the majority of people where I have been volunteering are Democrats.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thanks for the information, Wendy. On the face of it, that form is hysterical. Your story helps make the drafters look less silly.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Just about every stupid idea has some rationale that, in a limited frame of view, made sense.

The key is to identify whether that frame of view is reasonable, or whether it's designed either to advance an agenda, or requires martian thinking (martian thinking being "only an idiot or a martian would think that way!!!")

Wendy P.

Ouch! Lighten up on the racial slurs. There could be some Martians on SC.

I'm going to start the timer to see how long before someone comments on the idiots on SC...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

:D:D:D
Where I used to work, the software verifiers were paid to think like Martians :D

Wendy P.