brenthutch

The intellectual honesty of the environmental movement

>Why would you state thtat Obama wants us to be depentant on foregn oil.

It's a syndrome known as Obama Derangement Syndrome. It forces some right wingers to ascribe evil intent to everything Obama does even when none exists.

To put it another way, their rationale is not "I have evidence that Obama wants us to be dependent on foreign oil." It is "it would harm Obama if it was believed that he wants us to be dependent on foreign oil, so I will make such statements." It's the same reason they want the economy to be seen to be failing, and that they want people to believe US oil production has declined.

So you ignore my post.
Why would you state thtat Obama wants us to be depentant on foregn oil. Stiill waiting?

W.A.G.:

Because drunk typists don't deserve and answer?
:P

or,

Obamarama has a consultant job waiting for him with "Big Oil"?

His mother country has big stakes in oil?

At her age, Michelle needs plenty of petroleum jelly?

If you guys think about it, using foreign oil now is not a bad idea. Drain the furr'ners and we'll be the big boys on the block in the future.

For JR:
:):P;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So you ignore my post.
Why would you state thtat Obama wants us to be depentant on foregn oil. Stiill waiting?

Obama's position is a result of the political realities of his base. He has to strike a balance between the greens and the unions. He tries to satisfy the unions by claiming credit for the auto bailout, (actually Bush did that http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16740.html ). Many of Obama’s machinations can only be explained through a political lens to be understood.

Decline the whole keystone pipeline to satisfy the greens, approve a part of it to keep the unions happy.

Come out for gay marriage to appeal to the gays, but say it should be left to the states, so as to not offend the African American churches and the Catholics.

Kept coal off of its "all of the above" energy policy, to mollify the greens but added it to assuage the unions once they were called on it.

Politics as usual. So much for Hope and Change.

So you ignore my post.

Rush already explained it. Artificially inflate the price of energy so it makes more sense to give huge subsidies to your green friends, who will rape the masses with their wind turbines and solar collectors...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

What do you think the government could have done to combat the spill and its effects, that wouldn't have been seen as encroaching on the rights of the businesses involved?

Nuking it from space ("it's the only way") isn't really a good option :P

Wendy P.

the capping of the well could have been speeded up with the recourses and knowlege of the navy. they could have helped in the containment and cleanup and sent the bill to BP.

LOLL.
I love how people keep thinking in such simplistic manner.

"if they consulted the navy, it would have been fixed much faster". right.

Cheers!
Shc

Thanks for the reply, but I disagree with you. I think Obama wants to be reelected and high gas prices work against him.

I agree on both points.

That is why Obama takes credit for the increases in domestic gas and oil production (to satisfy the general population), while simultaneously reducing access to it on federal lands. (To keep the greens happy)http://naturalresources.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=228625

Do you work in the energy sector? I ask because I see you post these threads with the same theme repeatedly.

No I am a Banker/Army Ranger/Tandem, IAD Instructor by trade. A few years ago I had a conversation with Mr. Global Warming (Michael Mann). And it became very obvious that the whole global warming thing had no legs to stand on. After that epiphany I made it one of my hobbies to educate myself on the AGW/Green movement, and expose it for the fraud it is. I have nothing against being green, (I support the clear water conversancy here in central PA and one of my additional duties as a bank officer was to manage our "adopt a highway" effort). I have a problem with taxpayers footing the bill with billions for green boondoggles. There is real harm being done to this country, and the world with these naive and misguided policies.

You seem awfully butt hurt by the whole green thing. I'm gonna take a wild guess that there's more to the story than that :)

Stay on the sidelines junior. This is your one warning.

You gonna shoot me bro? :(:( Why don't you clarify your scientific credentials?

No I am a Banker/Army Ranger/Tandem, IAD Instructor by trade.

Do you mean former Army Ranger? Is there a reserve Ranger Battalion I'm not aware of?

No LRSD, Must have a victor (Ranger) skill id. Allong with pathfinder, LRSD leader. BTW class 11-88 if you care to take a gander.

Do you work in the energy sector? I ask because I see you post these threads with the same theme repeatedly.

No I am a Banker/Army Ranger/Tandem, IAD Instructor by trade. A few years ago I had a conversation with Mr. Global Warming (Michael Mann). And it became very obvious that the whole global warming thing had no legs to stand on. After that epiphany I made it one of my hobbies to educate myself on the AGW/Green movement, and expose it for the fraud it is. I have nothing against being green, (I support the clear water conversancy here in central PA and one of my additional duties as a bank officer was to manage our "adopt a highway" effort). I have a problem with taxpayers footing the bill with billions for green boondoggles. There is real harm being done to this country, and the world with these naive and misguided policies.

You seem awfully butt hurt by the whole green thing. I'm gonna take a wild guess that there's more to the story than that :)

Stay on the sidelines junior. This is your one warning.

You gonna shoot me bro? :(:( Why don't you clarify your scientific credentials?

No June Bug, I am not going to shoot you. I will just enlighten you. One does not need to be a mathematician to know that one plus one is two. Or as Bob Dylan said (and perhaps more germane to this topic), “You don’t have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.” One does not need a PHD to understand and utilize the "scientific method". The global warming fear mongers will not even debate the merits of their theory to a skeptical audience. If you have been following you will have noticed that the "warmist" on this forum have been routinely eviscerated. It is so easy it is no longer fun. BTW what does “butt hurt” mean?

>One does not need a PHD to understand and utilize the "scientific
>method". The global warming fear mongers will not even debate the
>merits of their theory to a skeptical audience.

It would be fun to watch a whuffo (one who read a lot about skydiving and considers himself really smart and extreme) teach you about tandem jumping.

>One need never have made a skydive to know how to pack a reserve or a
>main or to understand how the whole system functions.

Exactly. And when that whuffo tells you that skydivers go up when they open their parachutes, let's hope you give their opinion the same weight that you demand people give your opinions here. (I bet he even has video proof.)

From Van Jones, Obama's Green Jobs Czar:

“I’m critical of myself, first, and the environmentalists. When the oil spill had happened in the spring of 2010, there was another moment to say, ‘Hold on a second, let’s relook at energy policy in America. Should we be subsidizing companies who are risking our health immediately and in the long-term?’” We didn’t do it. You’ve never seen the environmental movement more quiet during an oil spill. I guarantee you, if John McCain had been President, with that oil spill, or George Bush had been President with that oil spill, I’d have been out there with a sign protesting. I didn’t, because of who the President was.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/05/van-jones-cops-a-plea.php

WE ARE FUCKED! First of all there is no difference between Obama and Bush period. Politicians are not there to help you and I. They are there to be re-elected. Take the money out of politics and the game will change. The politicians and large corporations have a secret fuckin hand shake

Obama had the chance to boot Tim Gitner but balked. The fuckin federal reserve is going to take the ship down, and attempt to draw peoples attention away from it by using bullshit (R's vs D's) to distract from the truth.

Personally I believe mother earth will take care of herself. You pollute your water source.....you're fucked. Burn a bunch of oil (Americans are the worst at this).....your're fucked........do we need a government body to regulate green propagation.......Maybe........I absolutely think renewables are part of the long term strategy. But until someone learns to take renewable and get me to 13500 ft agl efficiently......we are going to need all the oil we can get.......foreign too!B|
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

>One need never have made a skydive to know how to pack a reserve or a
>main or to understand how the whole system functions.

Exactly. And when that whuffo tells you that skydivers go up when they open their parachutes, let's hope you give their opinion the same weight that you demand people give your opinions here. (I bet he even has video proof.)

If a Master Rigger who hasn't made a jump in 20 years tells me something about my parachute system, I don't just dismiss it out of hand without serious consideration.

I would find his advice much more valid than the current skydiver with 100 jumps and no rigging experience.

>If a Master Rigger who hasn't made a jump in 20 years tells me
>something about my parachute system, I don't just dismiss it out of hand
>without serious consideration.

Right. But we're not talking about a master rigger. We're talking about a whuffo who has never worked in the field but who has seen a bunch of movies and read stuff on the Internet.

Like most skydivers, if he tried to tell you skydivers went up when they opened their parachutes, because he claimed that "video doesn't lie" - you'd laugh at him. Keep that in mind when you wonder why people laugh at deniers.

Obama did nothing to help and used the spill to increase our dependancy on foriegn oil.

Why would Obama want us to be more dependant on foreign oil?

Higher gas prices

Which in turn

Helps government motors sell the Volt

Really? Can you explain how that would work out?

Obama did nothing to help and used the spill to increase our dependancy on foriegn oil.

Why would Obama want us to be more dependant on foreign oil?

Higher gas prices

Which in turn

Helps government motors sell the Volt

Really? Can you explain how that would work out?

Wouldnt the Volt look better to consurmers if gas hit 10 bucks a gallon?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Wouldnt the Volt look better to consurmers if gas hit 10 bucks a gallon?

Yup, but how does getting your oil from a foreign country drive the price of gas up?

When you were enjoying cheap oil, you wre getting most of your oil from that same foreign market.

So, former LRSD.

I'm not doubting your military experience, but listing Army Ranger as your occupation is not accurate.

I was a reserve leg officer, and never claim anything different.

Never said it was my current occupation, it was, for 20 years though, in a unit that required all officers, team leaders, and assistant team leaders to be Ranger qualified. I was an 11-B-3V-5W-B6-F7. For you "legs" out there, Infantry, Ranger, Jumpmaster, LRS Team Leader, Pathfinder.