Shotgun

Obama (finally) declares support for same-sex marriage.

What a decisive leader....;) FEBRUARY 1996: "I favor legalizing same-sex marriages OCTOBER 2004: " What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman … OCTOBER 2010: " I have been to this point unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage DECEMBER 2010: " My feelings about this are constantly evolving. I struggle with this. JUNE 2011: " The president has never favored same-sex marriage. He is against it. JUNE 2011: " I think it's important for us to work through these issues

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I am very pleased. BHO needed to make his true position known to the American people. Everyone believed he supported gay marriage and was misrepresenting himself. Now, he is open and honest.

Since over 50% of the American people believe same sex marriage is a repulsive, perverted abomination, his truthfulness easily assures him a one term residency in the White House.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What a decisive leader....;) FEBRUARY 1996: "I favor legalizing same-sex marriages OCTOBER 2004: " What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman … OCTOBER 2010: " I have been to this point unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage DECEMBER 2010: " My feelings about this are constantly evolving. I struggle with this. JUNE 2011: " The president has never favored same-sex marriage. He is against it. JUNE 2011: " I think it's important for us to work through these issues

"evolving" is a messy nasty process!

I am very pleased. BHO needed to make his true position known to the American people. Everyone believed he supported gay marriage and was misrepresenting himself. Now, he is open and honest.

Since over 50% of the American people believe same sex marriage is a repulsive, perverted abomination, his truthfulness easily assures him a one term residency in the White House.

So he kind of came out of the closet regarding being out of the closet...

Destinations by Roxanne

I sort of agree here. I think he always supported it, but because of politics he wouldn't be completely open about it.

And I think all politicians do this sort of thing. Which is why I wouldn't make a very good politician.

Since over 50% of the American people believe same sex marriage is a repulsive, perverted abomination . . .

I doubt that this is true.

I sort of agree here. I think he always supported it, but because of politics he wouldn't be completely open about it.

He supports whatever is right for the moment to get him re-elected.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Since over 50% of the American people believe same sex marriage is a repulsive, perverted abomination

Not according to the latest Gallup poll
I doubt that every single person who's against gay marriage thinks it's a repulsive, perverted abomination.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And I think all politicians do this sort of thing. Which is why I wouldn't make a very good politician.

Since over 50% of the American people believe same sex marriage is a repulsive, perverted abomination . . .

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147824/adults-estimate-americans-gay-lesbian.aspx

U.S. adults, on average, estimate that 25% of Americans are gay or lesbian. More specifically, over half of Americans (52%) estimate that at least one in five Americans are gay or lesbian, including 35% who estimate that more than one in four are. Thirty percent put the figure at less than 15%.

Ron just said that this would ensure he would NOT get re-elected.

I think America's about 50/50 on the issue, so I doubt it will affect his campaign either way.

U.S. adults, on average, estimate that 25% of Americans are gay or lesbian. More specifically, over half of Americans (52%) estimate that at least one in five Americans are gay or lesbian, including 35% who estimate that more than one in four are. Thirty percent put the figure at less than 15%.

Sorry, I'm missing your point here. (???)

Sorry, I'm missing your point here. (???)

i was just "buttressing" your statement with a link

Only a small percentage of narrow minded bigots find it 'a repulsive, perverted abomination'. The rest just simply disagree with it.

Which also means that 50% support it, have no problem with it or do not care.

>Since over 50% of the American people believe same sex marriage is a
>repulsive, perverted abomination, his truthfulness easily assures him a
>one term residency in the White House.

Every poll over the last year has shown that more people support gay marriage than oppose it. Younger people support it by a wide margin, and as older people die off (or stop voting and taking polls) expect support for it to increase further. Latest:

==================
May 8, 2012
Half of Americans Support Legal Gay Marriage
Democrats and independents in favor; Republicans opposed
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Fifty percent of Americans believe same-sex marriages should be recognized by law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages -- down slightly from 53% last year, but marking only the second time in Gallup's history of tracking this question that at least half of Americans have supported legal same-sex marriage. Forty-eight percent say such marriages should not be legal.
===================

Which is about cash right now
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Since over 50% of the American people believe same sex marriage is a repulsive, perverted abomination

Not according to the latest Gallup poll
I doubt that every single person who's against gay marriage thinks it's a repulsive, perverted abomination.

Wendy P.

Wendy
There have been 31 states vote on gay marriage

Name me one that has supported gay marriage
Abraham Lincoln

Does that mean that everyone in that state is against gay marriage? I KNOW that's not the case. Here they're talking about across the country.

I'm not sure the numbers support its being over 50% in favor, but I rather doubt that the majority who are not in favor think it's repulsive and perverted.

Either way, the numbers appear to be changing across the country; faster in some parts than others, but Billvon's right, it tracks to age pretty closely.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Does that mean that everyone in that state is against gay marriage? I KNOW that's not the case. Here they're talking about across the country.

I'm not sure the numbers support its being over 50% in favor, but I rather doubt that the majority who are not in favor think it's repulsive and perverted.

Either way, the numbers appear to be changing across the country; faster in some parts than others, but Billvon's right, it tracks to age pretty closely.

Wendy P.

You posted a poll

I asked you about the polls that count
Even in CA

The numbers have been less than close
Abraham Lincoln

Wendy
One this I do agree with Obama in regards to this is that the states should decide

NOT state judges however (as they did in Iowa)
Abraham Lincoln

The Iowa law was written in an illegal manner. Write it in a legal manner, and it'll stay. I believe a subsequent poll in Iowa has indicated that many people think the Iowa legislature has more important things to concentrate on.

Why is gay marriage such a big deal, as long as the government doesn't make churches marry people they are not willing to marry?

Wendy P.

>Since over 50% of the American people believe same sex marriage is a
>repulsive, perverted abomination, his truthfulness easily assures him a
>one term residency in the White House.

Every poll over the last year has shown that more people support gay marriage than oppose it. Younger people support it by a wide margin, and as older people die off (or stop voting and taking polls) expect support for it to increase further. Latest:

==================
May 8, 2012
Half of Americans Support Legal Gay Marriage
Democrats and independents in favor; Republicans opposed
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- Fifty percent of Americans believe same-sex marriages should be recognized by law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages -- down slightly from 53% last year, but marking only the second time in Gallup's history of tracking this question that at least half of Americans have supported legal same-sex marriage. Forty-eight percent say such marriages should not be legal.
===================

So what you're saying is we have a president that needs the support of the polls to decide his position. Got it.

BTW...I support gay marriage.

Destinations by Roxanne

The Iowa law was written in an illegal manner. Write it in a legal manner, and it'll stay. I believe a subsequent poll in Iowa has indicated that many people think the Iowa legislature has more important things to concentrate on.

Why is gay marriage such a big deal, as long as the government doesn't make churches marry people they are not willing to marry?

Wendy P.

No
It was not

and the other 3 judges will be gone this Nov too

As for the churchs? The gov has already shown where they stand with them when they mandated birth control
Abraham Lincoln

The will of the majority of the American people in the 1950's was that blacks and whites should not mingle too much. There were plenty of judges who upheld that.

Were they right because they upheld the will of the people?

Wendy P.

The will of the majority of the American people in the 1950's was that blacks and whites should not mingle too much. There were plenty of judges who upheld that.

Were they right because they upheld the will of the people?

Wendy P.

Not the same
Abraham Lincoln