jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

Not sure if this was picked up in here 2 months ago, but there are a dozen LEOs apparently testifying in defense of Zimmerman. That doesn't bode well for the prosecution.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/10/24/breaking-orlando-sentinel-reporting-leo-chain-of-command-will-testify-for-the-defense-in-zimmerman-trial/
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

His brother tweeted to him just a few days after his suspension and before he died "yu aint tell me yu swung on a bus driver"

Your information is incorrect.

Hmm. So that screenshot isn't real? Everyone knows NO_LIMIT_NIGGA was TM, and you're saying TRAY'S BIG BRUH wasn't TM's big brother? I'd like to know how you are certain I'm incorrect here. :S

It doesn't take a genius to read that picture. But I did go to high school. And college. Twice. So maybe that helps. If you need help reading it just ask.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Hmm. So that screenshot isn't real? Everyone knows NO_LIMIT_NIGGA was TM, and you're saying TRAY'S BIG BRUH wasn't TM's big brother? I'd like to know how you are certain I'm incorrect here.

Everyone but you (that I've seen) says it was his cousin, and there are other people in the world called 'Tray'. That's why I think you're incorrect.

It doesn't take a genius to read that picture. But I did go to high school. And college. Twice. So maybe that helps. If you need help reading it just ask.

OK, here's my question: if it was Trayvon Martin's brother, why didn't he know from Trayvon that he swung on a bus driver, who did he hear it from and was the information reliable?

Look up the definition of hearsay, add a few more degrees of seperation, then look again at your incriminating evidence.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Hmm. So that screenshot isn't real? Everyone knows NO_LIMIT_NIGGA was TM, and you're saying TRAY'S BIG BRUH wasn't TM's big brother? I'd like to know how you are certain I'm incorrect here.

Everyone but you (that I've seen) says it was his cousin, and there are other people in the world called 'Tray'. That's why I think you're incorrect.

OK, here's my question: if it was Trayvon Martin's brother, why didn't he know from Trayvon that he swung on a bus driver, who did he hear it from and was the information reliable?

Look up the definition of hearsay, add a few more degrees of seperation, then look again at your incriminating evidence.

The article I read claims that his brother Stephen Martin is the one who tweeted him.

When did I mention incriminating evidence? You said I was incorrect in saying that his brother tweeted him, I simply showed you where I got that.

Are you saying you've never heard about something happening to a family member from anyone but that person? I doubt that. I sure have.

So you think I'm incorrect. You dont know for sure. Not exactly grounds for claiming my information is incorrect wouldn't you say?
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

When did I mention incriminating evidence?

You think that he attacked a bus driver because of a tweet from (maybe) his brother said he did.

My point is that you have no idea where that information came from.

Are you saying you've never heard about something happening to a family member from anyone but that person? I doubt that. I sure have.

And guess what, it's not always true.

So you think I'm incorrect. You dont know for sure. Not exactly grounds for claiming my information is incorrect wouldn't you say?

You think you're correct. Is that grounds for making a statement on the matter? Generally speaking, yes.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It must not be true because surely the defense would be using it to prove some point. Or maybe that's some of the evidence that hasn't been released yet. Who knows?

In general, all 5,413 pages of this thread are full of people claiming to know something that they don't. I gotta get my share! :ph34r:

Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

How is the HOA liable?

(1) They weren't found liable; out of court settlement.
(2) They worried about being found responsible because Zimmerman was the appointed head of neighborhood watch.
(3) They may also have decided to settle because even if they thought they'd win, the cost of this sort of civil suit may be more than the settlement.
(4) They may have chosen to settle because the HOA council or entire HOA membership had decided to side with the Martins.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

(5) the HOA may not have had a choice. Insurance provider may have said "piss off, don't care what you think, we're settling. Don't like it? Then cover your own trial and judgment." At which point, if HOA has any day, they'd say "pay".
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Well THIS is tasteful!

Maybe the cop was a veteran. Or a veterinarian. Some sort of a vet. Anyway, this is just political correctness BS. America was greater when we could mock dead kids and nobody complained. The cop should get his job back, with an apology for his rights being violated. Otherwise, we should all just boycott that police department. [/sarcasm]

Don

Well THIS is tasteful!

And inaccurate. It wasn't a picture of Trayvon. It was a target with a hoodie, skittles, and a can of tea. It was faceless. So it wasn't a picture of the "victim", it was a picture referencing that FL situation. And FYI, it was a "Don't Shoot" target.

In a effort to improve training and move away from the old 'stand in a line and fire on command' range practice, instructors use shoot/don't-shoot targets. Some are armed, others are not. It allows officers to practice evaluating a target before during and after shooting. So this target that referenced Trayvon without resembling him was to teach officers NOT to shoot. Shouldn't that make the whiny pseudo-offended liberals happy?

ETA:
https://www.google.com/search?q=trayvon+martin+target&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZGVrUefPJ5OI9gSLroAI&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=416
These distasteful things were offered for sale a while back. I'd think the former LEO used this, but a few articles said he told other officers he made the targets.

2nd ETA:
USA TODAY Article
Officer: Trayvon Martin target a 'no-shoot training aid'

witty subliminal message
1*

Well THIS is tasteful!

And inaccurate. It wasn't a picture of Trayvon. It was a target with a hoodie, skittles, and a can of tea. It was faceless. So it wasn't a picture of the "victim", it was a picture referencing that FL situation. And FYI, it was a "Don't Shoot" target.

In a effort to improve training and move away from the old 'stand in a line and fire on command' range practice, instructors use shoot/don't-shoot targets. Some are armed, others are not. It allows officers to practice evaluating a target before during and after shooting. So this target that referenced Trayvon without resembling him was to teach officers NOT to shoot. Shouldn't that make the whiny pseudo-offended liberals happy?

ETA:
https://www.google.com/search?q=trayvon+martin+target&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZGVrUefPJ5OI9gSLroAI&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=416
These distasteful things were offered for sale a while back. I'd think the former LEO used this, but a few articles said he told other officers he made the targets.

2nd ETA:
USA TODAY Article

Thanks for the clarification. With that in mind, I'd say both sets of targets show practical value. Not very tasteful either way, but practical...
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

So first we get an inaccurate post... Now it looks like the facts have come out. Does the officer get his job back? Was using TM as an example of when NOT to shoot wrong?

Seems to me that the officer was using this as an example toward restraint from shooting.

We need MORE if that, not less.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Well THIS is tasteful!

ETA:

2nd ETA:
USA TODAY Article

It would seem that kallends knee is jerked yet again:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Well THIS is tasteful!

Not excusing it, but it sounds like he took a page from the DHS

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/02/38129-reason-police-using-pregnant-women-and-children-for-target-practice/

:D:D:D
People have a problem with pics on targets used for training?
:D:D:D:D
How stupid.

You want these bozos to train with nice white paper with concentric red circles on them?
:D:D:D:D

It's about reality, folks. Reality. For some that's a strange concept, I know.

Pregnant women.
Hooded gangsta look-alikes
Kids
Bozos in turbans

There's no sanctity when it comes to training to save your ass. If this worries you, get a life.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

If this worries you, get a life.

If it really worries you, take a life.

I think you are safe

They only nuts are the paraniod gun grabbers

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln