rushmc

This May be the Most Important Speech of this Election Cycle

Why? Because in this speech we find out who and what Mr Obama is politically

http://www.politicalruminations.com/2011/12/full-text-transcript-video-president-obama-speech-in-osawatomie-kansas.html

There should no longer be any doubt about what damage he would do to this country
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Is doing and has done to this country !!!

He is not an American, and I dont mean the birth certificate. He's closer to Indonesian... hater..Muslim. He says it everyday. He hates free enterprise, opportunity, and all of our traditions, all of them.

I fear the damage done may be irreversible. The conservatives that make the most sense to me do not gain in popularity. Let's see how Michelle Bachmann fairs in IA and SC.

My plan is to establish a safe enclave in the Deep South mountain area. I will surround my wife and extended family with people I can trust and who are resourceful. We will stand together in a strong Christian community. We will survive, regardless of the outcome of the next election.

We have the house. Now we have to stock it with provisions and build alliances.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

That was a good speech. I can't help but notice the difference in the power that emanates from that man when he is stumping compared to his every day sound bites when he is dealing with the hurley burley of Washington politics.
Romney is the only Republican with a snowball's chance in hell of out campaigning him.

That was a good speech. I can't help but notice the difference in the power that emanates from that man when he is stumping compared to his every day sound bites when he is dealing with the hurley burley of Washington politics.
Romney is the only Republican with a snowball's chance in hell of out campaigning him.

Any of them would kick his sorry ass
Abraham Lincoln

marc, dks, Ron, can you tell me when you feel things started to go off the tracks? Was it the Civil Rights Voting Act, or maybe when women got the vote? The 14th Amendment to the Constitution? Was that darned Magna Carta thing too much for you? I feel sad for you, you all seem a few centuries out of your comfort zone.

Don

Any of them would kick his sorry ass

Do not confuse the message with the messenger. While we are all aware that you do not agree with his political stances (BTW I thought the actual message in the speech was standard centre left fare, nothing noteworthy whatsoever) to blithely claim, 'he's so dumb a lamp post could beat him' is the sort of myopic vision that led to, or at least contributed to, his election in the first place.

>Any of them would kick his sorry ass

FOX News 12/5 - 12/7 Obama 44 Romney 42

Looks like - not so much.

Have republicans found a candidate as good as Elmer Fudd yet?

Typically these things are +- 3% which makes it a toss-up. I don't see the details on the fox news site retarding the poll you're referencing so I have to make that assumption.
--
Rob

>Typically these things are +- 3% which makes it a toss-up.

Agreed. Here on Speaker's Corner, a 2 point lead by a democrat is a toss-up with no real meaning. A 2 point lead by a republican is a solid and clear indication that the voters are sick and tired of Obama's lies and want to elect an honest, upstanding Republican.

On the other hand, a 4 point lead by a democrat is just lies by the liberal news media.

Agreed. Here on Speaker's Corner, a 2 point lead by a democrat is a toss-up with no real meaning. A 2 point lead by a republican is a solid and clear indication that the voters are sick and tired of Obama's lies and want to elect an honest, upstanding Republican.

On the other hand, a 4 point lead by a democrat is just lies by the liberal news media.

And when a Democrat is behind by 4 points, it's Republicans tampering with the voting machines.

and who would you put up there? - how exactly are they going to fix it? I remember having EXACTLY the same conversations with conservatives and liberals alike during GWB's second term and wondering if the damage that he was doing at the time could ever be undone.

It seems after 3 years of Obama the answer is still no, few if anyone can undo the damage done by GWB and his cronies.

"I earned some political capital and I am going to spend it" he said. And he did. And the damage is immense and the right is still touting his ways as the way to fix it. more tax cuts even though we have a deficit. Continuing the wars even though we have no way to pay for it. 'talking' about spending cuts yet never acting on them.

for that matter all that rhetoric goes for both sides. And then we have candidates to choose from like Perry and Bachmann who commit political suicide freely on video. The other choices are the adulterers (don't like the black one but the white one might be OK).

Instead we will pick a 'nice man' who is in the middle and is electable because we don't want to rock the boat too much and we need to get Obama out after-all, even if the guy we elect is a fucking patsy and will accomplish nothing.

Just got another email from my republican congressman going on about the deficit now hitting $15T and what to do what to do - well fucking do something you fucking idiot - don't fucking send me emails about it.

What an asshole - then he goes on about patting themselves on the back over some $1T of cuts they are 'proposing' - proposals??? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

they're all fucking idiots. And no one has the BALLS to vote for Ron Paul. And no one on the left has the BALLS to vote for Ralph Nader.

So the cycle will continue. The country will be $25T in the hole in another 4-8 years - we will still be fighting wars, the gap between rich and poor will be greater than ever and the dollar and the US economy will be worthless. And this will happen even if we have a Republican majority government, because NO ONE in Congress wants it to change and YOU (we) put them there.

I do not argue with much in the article but the title? Really? Obama is responsible for people being pissed off at the rich for getting stinking wealthy while the middle class gets squeezed?

Really?

Has it occurred to anyone on the right that the people might be pissed off at the rich walking away with everything while the middle class is getting squeezed BECAUSE the rich are walking away with everything while the middle class is getting squeezed?

No I guess no one ever thought of that. The rich are richer than ever. The fact of the matter is these people that you worship SO MUCH, have lower taxes than ever yet are not creating any jobs. Yet the right-wing mantra is that if we make them richer and lower their taxes even more, they will create more jobs.

The Republicans used to (try to) balance the budget. Even if it meant raising taxes to do so.

Now it is lower taxes, even if it raises the deficit because the tax revenue we generate from the lower taxes will help to balance the budget. Duh.....

it's a lie.

Now, my mantra is not a free ride either. I understand that it costs money to run a country. I vote for raising the taxes to cover the deficit. period. With an itemized tax bill that shows where the money is going. And then people will actually begint to decide what programs (and wars) are important.

Has it occurred to anyone on the right that the people might be pissed off at the rich walking away with everything while the middle class is getting squeezed BECAUSE the rich are walking away with everything while the middle class is getting squeezed?

Has it occurred to anyone on the left that the economy isn't a zero-sum game?

The fact of the matter is these people that you worship SO MUCH, have lower taxes than ever yet are not creating any jobs.

STILL with the lame "you worship rich people" rhetoric? Really?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Actually I was referring to a debate
The polls typically do not mean much until later in cycle when more people are paying attention
Abraham Lincoln