muff528

Saudi Prince Sets Value of Arab Women at US$ 438.17 Each

The Prince acted quickly to overrule a Saudi cleric who placed the price at $48.68/woman, increasing the value by a factor of 9.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/saudi-royal-offers-900-000-reward-for-capture-of-israeli-soldiers-1.392666

This must be accurate since the source is haaretz.com which has often been cited on this forum.

Did you put up the wrong link or something? Actually the link you have put up is far more interesting than your OP.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Did you put up the wrong link or something? Actually the link you have put up is far more interesting than your OP.

No, it's the correct link. Just a little exercise in "maths".

1 Israeli = 1027 Arabs (value set by the Arabs and has been established as fact by an actual transaction)
1 Israeli = $900,000 (price set by Saudi Prince)
therefore 1 Arab man = $876.34
1 Arab man = 2 Arab women (I read that somewhere)
therefore 1 Arab woman = $438.17
Saudi cleric offered $100,000 / Israeli which is equivalent to $48.68 / woman.

1 Israeli = 1027 Arabs (value set by the Arabs and has been established as fact by an actual transaction)

Nice one, but your logic is a little off.
The prince didn't offer $900K instead of the original $100K. it's in addition so your calculation should be based on 1 Israeli = $1M.

Oh where are the simple times where saddam hussein offered only $25K to families of suicide bombers...

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

:D:D:D

The prince didn't offer $900K instead of the original $100K. it's in addition so your calculation should be based on 1 Israeli = $1M.

Well, that's a little ambiguous in the article and I guess it could be interpreted either way. I dunno.

Oh where are the simple times where saddam hussein offered only $25K to families of suicide bombers...

Oh where are the simple times when a hijacked airliner was only taking a Cuban expatriate home?

O

While women may be a cheap initial buy, I'm sure that even the Saudi Prince will agree that the maintenance cost in the long run is what will bite you in the ass.........:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Still, if they come pre-packaged in an "I dream of Jeannie" outfit, I might be willing to pick up one or 2 during my next trip to the grocery store.....B|

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

While women may be a cheap initial buy, I'm sure that even the Saudi Prince will agree that the maintenance cost in the long run is what will bite you in the ass.........

:D:D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

While women may be a cheap initial buy, I'm sure that even the Saudi Prince will agree that the maintenance cost in the long run is what will bite you in the ass.........:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Still, if they come pre-packaged in an "I dream of Jeannie" outfit, I might be willing to pick up one or 2 during my next trip to the grocery store.....B|

Yeah, that might be a pretty good deal. Maybe you could even talk her into showing a little belly button once in a while.:)

O

Yes, you are right. After reading the article more carefully it appears that the Prince kicked in the additional $900k in support of the cleric who received threats. So new numbers should be based on $1M/Israeli and increases the value of an Arab to $973.71 or $486.85/woman.

You would be a terrible negotiator:P

I didn't negotiate that deal. I'm merely using absurdity to illustrate absurdity.

However, there has been a theory advanced that Netanyahu did this lop-sided trade, and is tightening up other "loose ends" in preparation for a larger eventuality. I dunno. ...just saw it in one place and it may just be someone trying to explain away what some perceive as a "softening" of Netanyahu's hard-line stance.

Also, in related news, it seems that Abbas has admitted that the Arab League made a mistake in not accepting the UN partition in 1947. But, I still believe that as far as the Arab and other Islamic states are concerned, the conflict has never been about a homeland for Palestinians. It is only and has always been about eradication of Jews in the Levant. There is just too much evidence that the plight of the Pals is not what is driving the policy of states in the region.

>1 Israeli = $900,000 (price set by Saudi Prince)
>1 Arab man = $876.34

Hmm. Other researchers have concluded:

Value of 1 American = $129,000/year (Stanford study on healthcare)
1 American = $6.8 million total (EPA standard)
1 Brit = £860,000 (per British Rail standards)

Sounds like Arabs are a great deal right now.

>1 Israeli = $900,000 (price set by Saudi Prince)
>1 Arab man = $876.34

Hmm. Other researchers have concluded:

Value of 1 American = $129,000/year (Stanford study on healthcare)
1 American = $6.8 million total (EPA standard)
1 Brit = £860,000 (per British Rail standards)

Sounds like Arabs are a great deal right now.

Holy cow! If an American were captured we would have to go round up 6983.6 Arabs to trade for his return. Unless, of course, it's a female. Then we would only need to capture 3891.8 men. (Shouldn't be too hard to find 0.6 Arab ...just find a suicide bombing scene and pick up a few pieces.)

Hm. For a 130 lb woman, that's about $3.20 per pound. Costlier than, say, chicken thighs; cheaper than sirloin or salmon. Maybe about the same as a chuck steak. Of course, the meat can be tough and stringy.

You're not gonna draw me into these kind of comparisons by making a conspicuous omission.

Hm. For a 130 lb woman, that's about $3.20 per pound. Costlier than, say, chicken thighs; cheaper than sirloin or salmon. Maybe about the same as a chuck steak. Of course, the meat can be tough and stringy.

You're not gonna draw me into these kind of comparisons by making a conspicuous omission.

Good tuna IS expensive.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hence, it's better to rent than to own.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239