jclalor

Hank Jr. kicked off Monday Night Football

When is this stupidity going to stop? Didn't we learn anything with the Dixie Chicks?

Oh, no! A conservative from Tennessee thinks that Obama and Biden are the enemy? Noooooooooo! Who'da thunk it?

I like the part about ESPN trying to quell any controversy by acting swiftly, good job making a mountain out of a mole hill ESPN!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

So he made an analogy using Hitler and Obama. Big deal. Get over it.
Damn, people, it don't take much to get your panties all up in a wad does it?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

It is wonderful that he is gone.

His music caused pain, absolutely awful.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I like the part about ESPN trying to quell any controversy by acting swiftly, good job making a mountain out of a mole hill ESPN!

Disney (who I think owns 75% of ESPN) can hire/fire/ or remove affiliation from whomever they choose. I think this was definitely knee-jerk but Disney/ABC/ESPN, like any corporation, will make a business decision.

It makes sense, really. The liberal media will say that Hank JR compared Obama to Hitler. Disney/ABC determined that this move was necessary.

Wow! Hank Jr. is a beloved character over here on the right side.

VP Biden, commenting on Hank's political ambition in TN next year, on AM Tampa Bay, 4 Oct 11, "Some people get off to a rocky start, that's all. I don't take it personally."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Your right, he sounds like a complete imbecilic in the video. Filled with hate and just completely out of line.....

But wait, the left sounds the same way when they talk about the Tea Party, calling them racist, comparing them to Hitler, calling them the enemy out to destroy America. Do you think he might be trying to get some people to look in the mirror?

Williams added, "Every time the media brings up the tea party it's painted as racist and extremists – but there's never a backlash – no outrage to those comparisons…

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/entertainment/hank-williams-jr-controversial-comment-dpgonc-20111004-fc_15320021
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Your right, he sounds like a complete imbecilic in the video. Filled with hate and just completely out of line.....

But wait, the left sounds the same way when they talk about the Tea Party, calling them racist, comparing them to Hitler, calling them the enemy out to destroy America. Do you think he might be trying to get some people to look in the mirror?

***Williams added, "Every time the media brings up the tea party it's painted as racist and extremists – but there's never a backlash – no outrage to those comparisons…

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/entertainment/hank-williams-jr-controversial-comment-dpgonc-20111004-fc_15320021

He has every right to say what ever he wants; ESPN also has the right to do what ever they want. Anyone who knows anything about William's knows he's a degenerate alcoholic and is seldom seen in public sober.

Wow! Hank Jr. is a beloved character over here on the right side.

Four failed marriages and a degenerate alcoholic, I bet he's also a "in defense of marriage" type of guy too.

Do you mean to say that divorce and substance use disorder should carry a life long stigma?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Four failed marriages and a degenerate alcoholic, I bet he's also a "in defense of marriage" type of guy too.

Do you mean to say that divorce and substance use disorder should carry a life long stigma?

I never believed that for recovering alcoholics, just active ones.

four failed marriages should exclude anyone from being taken seriously when it comes to "In defense of marriage"

I never believed that for recovering alcoholics, just active ones.

four failed marriages should exclude anyone from being taken seriously when it comes to "In defense of marriage"

I don't know the status of his "recovery" but, his website does not indicate abstinence.

I'm on my third marriage and I believe in and defend the institution of marriage. Do you believe I should be disqualified for my stand?

I don't know the status of his "recovery" but, his website does not indicate abstinence.

I'm on my third marriage and I believe in and defend the institution of marriage. Do you believe I should be disqualified for my stand?

Even with his vast resources, he's still a practicing drunk.

When people place their beliefs about who should be married on biblical teachings, then ignore the same teachings when it comes to their own marriage, I think it's hypocritical.

When people place their beliefs about who should be married on biblical teachings, then ignore the same teachings when it comes to their own marriage, I think it's hypocritical.

My first marriage ended because of sin and ignorance. I take full responsibility for its failure.

My second marriage was Christian based and I applied Biblical standards. My wife did not. She left because she did not like living in FL and moved back to CA.

My third marriage is Christian based and we both apply Biblical standards. We just celebrated 17 years together.

Am I a disqualified defender of Biblical marriage, in your opinion?

Everyone is qualified to have an opinion. Everyone else is encouraged to consider a person's reputation when evaluating that opinion. Think whatever you want, but Milli Vanilli should not give vocal lessons, Kirstie Alley should not pontificate on maintaining a stable, healthy weight, and triple/quadruple divorcees will probably make better researchers of good marriage habits than teachers.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Everyone is qualified to have an opinion. Everyone else is encouraged to consider a person's reputation when evaluating that opinion. Think whatever you want, but Milli Vanilli should not give vocal lessons, Kirstie Alley should not pontificate on maintaining a stable, healthy weight, and triple/quadruple divorcees will probably make better researchers of good marriage habits than teachers.

Blues,
Dave

I disagree with your position. I believe you lack understanding of what defending marriage means. It would seem you don't consider experience of any value. That's OK.

>It would seem you don't consider experience of any value. That's OK.

Experience is absolutely of value.

But when you are choosing a coach for some sporting endeavor, generally you are going to choose the one that wins a lot as opposed to one that loses a lot. That does not mean there is no value in learning from the people who lose; indeed, some may have great insights into the process, or may be great teachers.

But at the end of the day you want to be more like the guy who wins competitions than the guy who loses competitions - and thus the winners are generally more valuable as coaches than the losers.

Blues,
Dave

I disagree with your position. I believe you lack understanding of what defending marriage means. It would seem you don't consider experience of any value. That's OK.

Experience can certainly be valuable, but I'd rather take a canopy control class from a pilot who's good at avoiding injury than one who repeatedly hooks himself into the ground. "I' an expert on quitting drinking by virtue of the dozens of times I've done so" isn't a particularly compelling sales pitch.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

My first marriage ended because of sin and ignorance. I take full responsibility for its failure.

My second marriage was Christian based and I applied Biblical standards. My wife did not. She left because she did not like living in FL and moved back to CA.

My third marriage is Christian based and we both apply Biblical standards. We just celebrated 17 years together.

Am I a disqualified defender of Biblical marriage, in your opinion?

Well, considering that one of those "Commandment" thingies says not to commit adultery, and that elsewhere in the Bible (OT, not sure quite where) it says that while divorce is acceptable, remarriage is adulterous then yes, you, as an admitted adulterer (as defined Biblically) are disqualified as a "defender of Biblical marriage".
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo