JohnRich

Pot-smokers: Turn in your guns!

>If they have ranches, they'll be eating beef and not guns.

Or people, if they're dude ranches.

Ooo, Oooo...I'm thinkin' Mustang Ranch!

Ummmmm....then again, maybe not.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

>When the shit hits the fan, you poor defenseless souls will be...

>-hiding
>-begging for protection
>-falling like flies
>-eating each other

Exactly. Whereas the gun owners will be sitting pretty, protectin their ranches and eatin their guns. It will be like Mad Max but with the national anthem playing in the background.

If they have ranches, they'll be eating beef and not guns. Nice attempt, otherwise.

Golden Gate Park has a small herd of buffalo. I'll claim that first when I take over the Richmond district of San Francisco. Then I can trade it for fish from the warlord of the Sunset District.

So which holds trump? State medical mj law (never heard of so many people under 50 with 'glaucoma' in my life), or GCA 68?

nah, these days I think insomnia is the top choice. Glaucoma actually has medical evidence that the doctor would need to record. But 'has trouble sleeping?' Piece of cake, and easy money for the doctors ($35-100, I understand).

Funny bit is that last guy I heard on the bus talking about his 'insomnia' went on to say that pot kept him awake.

This clash between the states and the feds is slowly building. I'm not sure what it will take to settle it once and for all. Obviously if the GOP wins next year, the party of no fun will quickly try to push back the changes of the past 15 years, but it may be hard. Pot is all but legal in California now, though that notion about the Feds comparing pot card lists versus gun lists (CA does keep records on handgun sales) is an interesting one. I wonder how big the union is.

The alliance of pot smokers and fiscal conservatives is probably the best shot to legally end the war, as lots of people want a new source of revenue that they don't have to pay for, never mind the considerable savings in DEA, local police, and prison systems.

Golden Gate Park has a small herd of buffalo. I'll claim that first when I take over the Richmond district of San Francisco. Then I can trade it for fish from the warlord of the Sunset District.

Rats. All I git here is a few cows, horses, jackasses and goats.
A couple of good-sized bass in the ponds but they wouldn't go very far.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Could be a since he's male, a duck, and green, he could be a mallard. Lots of folks think of mallards as "green ducks".

I'd say those are silly folks, but regardless there are lots of them.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Actually the author of the letter is making a ruling on the term unlawful that is nonsensical. If the use is sanctioned by state law it is not unlawful.

Actually the author states that federal law does not have an exception for medicinal use ...

They do have at least one exception.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

You meant four I think.
:P

Yet Virginia is allowing guns in bars....man this country is a mess of confusion!

Drugs the government can tax = GREAT! (nevermind all that damage those drugs do to your body)
Drugs people like that cannot be taxed = JAIL!

My problem with this is that I see recreational pot smokers as no different than recreational liquor drinkers. They aren't dangerous, they aren't threatening anyone, they aren't robbing banks or mugging little old ladies. They just smoke to feel good, just like drinkers.

I would agree except that possession of mj is mostly illegal under federal law. When and if it is ever legal then your argument has a valid point. Like any other law, it doesn't matter if you or I agree with it, it is still the law.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

You need to increase your arsenal! That's the right step into a future, beeing fully armed. Not only your poor 15 - 25 guns you proudly showed here ....NO. Increase!

That really is a good idea. We ALL should.

When the shit hits the fan, you poor defenseless souls will be...
-hiding
-begging for protection
-falling like flies
-eating each other

Dear, what makes you think we are defenseless? In the contrary to other states, our police officers are well accepted (even though these poor dudes have to fight against drunken protestors more and more), and most important: They have good reputation.

And there still are few troops .......... ;)

And if all of that will not help, there's still me: Of course, I'd pull out all my weapons and fight until the end :)

Jeez, dude, you seem to live in the past. Look: Since you started skydiving 99 yrs ago, the world did not stop turning! (I just try to imagine how that *begging for protection* would look like nowadays .... ?) ;)

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Dear, what makes you think we are defenseless? In the contrary to other states, our police officers are well accepted (even though these poor dudes have to fight against drunken protestors more and more), and most important: They have good reputation.

And there still are few troops .......... ;)

The premise was "when the shit hits the fan." Your cops and troops have already been removed from the situation. Or rather our's - I got the sense this was an American doom prophesy, not a zombie apocalypse.

Well, well, look at the hypocrisy we have here. First you say this, with dripping sarcasm:
"Solution of the problem:

You need to increase your arsenal! That's the right step into a future, beeing fully armed. Not only your poor 15 - 25 guns you proudly showed here ....NO. Increase!

All those lame and lousy polls will not help you, you have to be really active ....

Bwahahahahahaaaa - a man and his guns: The never ending story of an individual fighter for his guns."
And then we have your own response as to what you would do when "the shit hits the fan":
"our police officers... there still are few troops... And if all of that will not help, there's still me: Of course, I'd pull out all my weapons and fight until the end "
Gosh, it looks like when you get right down to it, you're just as bloodthirsty as all those gun-owning Americans of which you like to make fun - an individual fighter and his guns!

This is one of those ironic pot/kettle look-in-the-mirror moments.

Americans preserving their right to self defense with firearms - bad!
christelsabine using her firearms in self defense - good!

Well, well, look at the hypocrisy we have here. First you say this, with dripping sarcasm:

"Solution of the problem:

All those lame and lousy polls will not help you, you have to be really active ....

Bwahahahahahaaaa - a man and his guns: The never ending story of an individual fighter for his guns."
And then we have your own response as to what you would do when "the shit hits the fan":
"our police officers... there still are few troops... And if all of that will not help, there's still me: Of course, I'd pull out all my weapons and fight until the end "
Gosh, it looks like when you get right down to it, you're just as bloodthirsty as all those gun-owning Americans of which you like to make fun - an individual fighter and his guns!

This is one of those ironic pot/kettle look-in-the-mirror moments.

Americans preserving their right to self defense with firearms - bad!
christelsabine using her firearms in self defense - good!

Wow, JR! You smell sarcasm when you see it, right?

Bwahahahahaa, I love your posts B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

This is only my second post here, so I decided to keep it with a relatively non-explosive subject. A topic about fire arm laws and drugs seems to be the safest choice. :P

This topic is specifically about Cannabis, but I think it's in general a bad idea to combine firearms and drugs. This includes the drug alcohol, btw.

I think it all depends on the time between doing the drug and handling firearms. As long as someone is keeping both activities strictly separated, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to posses guns. Just like someone can be a responsible drinker, someone can be a responsible pot-smoker too. Well, smoking pot is illegal of course, and breaking the law is in itself irresponsible, but that doesn't make a pot-smoking gun owner automatically a danger to society.

I'm not sure how it works with crime and gun ownership in the US of A, but it seems a bit out there to take away someone's firearms, without a good reason.

Remember when we gave you half of your country back in 89',

Actually, East Germany is/was about one third of Germany. And as far as I know, it wasn't given back to West Germany by the US of A. In fact, the US of A had little to do with the German reunification. It was a German effort.