Amazon

The Middle Class Should Be Furious, Another Millionaire Says

Just for the reality challenged around here who put everything thru their little rose colored filter.... I used a FOX link...:D:D

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-the-middle-class-should-be-furious-another-millionaire-says-20110817,0,7362562.story

KANSAS CITY, Mo.—
Another multi-millionaire says the rich should be paying more taxes. Registered Republican and co-founder of H&R Block, Henry Bloch knows his opinion is not popular with many in his party.

Like Warren Buffet, Bloch believes current tax code gives too many breaks to the rich.

He also has strong opinions about how much these tax breaks really contribute to job creation.
"That's so baloney," Bloch said. "Rich people don't create jobs. Companies create jobs."

Bloch believes politics are to blame for what Warren Buffet called "coddling of the rich."

Bloch says the middle class should be furious that the rich pay so little in taxes, hiding money in trusts and with their kids.

"You probably pay a higher rate than I do... and yet my income is probably many times what yours is." Bloch said to FOX 4 Reporter Rob Low.

Bill Black, an economics professor at the University of Missouri-Kansas City says the rich have been given so many breaks that their taxes are now about one-fifth or one-sixth of what they once were.

Life is nice when you only pay capital gains. Even better when you manage a fund and your salary is considered capital gains. It makes no difference tho cause those that make far less are more concerned about those making 25k a year paying their fair share. Oh and that guy has to be wrong because it is a known fact that the rich always use the capital at hand to develop business. They never borrow against said money to cover the cost of a bad business idea so they can LLC and liquidate the portion of the investment before it becomes insolvent.

Life is nice when you only pay capital gains. Even better when you manage a fund and your salary is considered capital gains. It makes no difference tho cause those that make far less are more concerned about those making 25k a year paying their fair share. Oh and that guy has to be wrong because it is a known fact that the rich always use the capital at hand to develop business. They never borrow against said money to cover the cost of a bad business idea so they can LLC and liquidate the portion of the investment before it becomes insolvent.

Hey they are rich... we should all be doing as the right wing does and worship them as they deserve. They are all special and deserve everything they can take in life.

Ever notice that when the opportunity to fix this availas itself it isn't taken? The Dems forced through a healthcare programs that the GOP couldn't stop but couldn't end the tax treatment.

Ever notice that Republicans like to point to problems that they don't fix? If they fixed it they wouldn't bitch about it. Then the Dems take power and they bitch about the problems. Until the Republicans are in power, then they fon't fix them so they can bitch when the Dems return to power.

The Dems do the same thing.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Ever notice that when the opportunity to fix this availas itself it isn't taken?

Yup.

Ever notice that Republicans like to point to problems that they don't fix? If they fixed it they wouldn't bitch about it.

As of the 2008 election, US Representatives spent an average of $1.4 million ($4.2 million over 6 years) and Senators $8.4 million to win jobs paying just $174,000 a year.

They don't pay for their own campaigns and need to keep their contributors happy enough to come back the next time around and that comes in the form of legislation which passes.

They also need to spin things for the unwashed masses in the form of complaints.

Just follow the money. Medicare Part D from the Republicans is a trillion dollar (over 10 years) money funnel to the drug companies from the federal government. Obamacare is a trillion dollar (over 10 years) gift for the insurance companies from whom most citizens will be required to buy their product, which can no longer be a basic plan, and must cost the youngest healthiest individuals at least 1/3 that charged to the somewhat old (with the government still picking up the tab for the really old and unprofitable).

Then the Dems take power and they bitch about the problems. Until the Republicans are in power, then they fon't fix them so they can bitch when the Dems return to power.

Two nearly identical parties are the inevitable result of first past the post electoral systems.

Hey they are rich... we should all be doing as the right wing does and worship them as they deserve. They are all special and deserve everything they can take in life.

I see your point. We should all be doing as the left wing does and demonize them as they deserve. They are all evil and wicked, and don't deserve anything.

And speaking of rose colored glasses, it must be nice to live in a world where you think taxing (even at 100%) would solve anything.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I see your point. We should all be doing as the left wing does and demonize them as they deserve. They are all evil and wicked, and don't deserve anything.

And speaking of rose colored glasses, it must be nice to live in a world where you think taxing (even at 100%) would solve anything.

I always find it amusing when a rich person who owns a rather large boat and owns an even larger truck to tow their boat and has a maid to clean their house because they are too busy enjoying the finer things in life like using their big boat, whines about other people who tend to be even richer than the rich person who does all the whining. It's not like this is a poor person who is just barely making ends meet who is whining about rich people. Poor people don't own big boats, even bigger trucks and poor people sure can not afford a maid. Only rich people can do all of that.

BTW I could careless how much money or how many toys someone else has. I just find it funny when rich people whine about other rich people. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I always find it amusing when a rich person who owns a rather large boat and owns an even larger truck to tow their boat and has a maid to clean their house because they are too busy enjoying the finer things in life like using their big boat, whines about other people who tend to be even richer than the rich person who does all the whining. It's not like this is a poor person who is just barely making ends meet who is whining about rich people. Poor people don't own big boats, even bigger trucks and poor people sure can not afford a maid. Only rich people can do all of that.

BTW I could careless how much money or how many toys someone else has. I just find it funny when rich people whine about other rich people. :ph34r:

Do you ever get tired of all that grovelling to suck up and hope for your little bit of TRICKLE.. from those who got the most.. while paying the least percentage wise. I would be quite happy if they... the 1 % even had to pay as much as I do. The problem is... you and your ilk hold them sacrosanct and feel they DESERVE far better treatment than you get from your government or ours.

PUCKER UP Steve....

Poor people don't own big boats, poor people don't own even bigger trucks to tow their big boats and poor people don't use maids. It's one thing for a poor person to whine about rich people, but when a rich person whines about rich people, it's just too funny. I could give a rats ass how much money someone else has. As I said, I just find it rather amusing when a rich person such as yourself whines about other rich people.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yes, they should be. However, a relatively few loud extremist supporters from both sides of the aisle have duped them into fighting each other over a handful of volatile issues they know will maintain the current polarization.

I'm torn between thinking at least the majority of the public is really this stupid and deserves what it gets; or is genuinely being suppressed by an overpowering elite class of dirty players.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Poor people don't own big boats, poor people don't own even bigger trucks to tow their big boats and poor people don't use maids. It's one thing for a poor person to whine about rich people, but when a rich person whines about rich people, it's just too funny. I could give a rats ass how much money someone else has. As I said, I just find it rather amusing when a rich person such as yourself whines about other rich people.

AS opposed to those.. who worship the ground that rich people float above right:ph34r::ph34r:

Didn't you vote for the man that introduced the trickle? You got yours now ...

Did you catch the news item when Osama was killed, where some old line Reaganites were claiming some of Reagan's past actions had a hand in bringing him down - when in actuality Reagan funded their very becoming.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Furious ... yes, I am. However, there isn't much more I can (or at least am currently willing to) do than contact representatives and vote (for real change).

You can't vote for real change.

If we could there'd be 15 libertarian Senators and 65 libertarian Representatives reflecting the People's political leanings.

We don't because the demand for real change doesn't fit within the geographic boundaries where simple plurality decides who gets a seat, with that first-past-the-post electoral system leading to a narrow range of electable candidates.

Who's electable and what they can do while still retaining their seat is determined by the intersection of the people voting in elections and those paying for campaigns - with $8M needed to land a job paying $174K a year Senators aren't paying their own way. Less than .5% of American adults make contributions over $200 a piece, and the vast majority of many candidates' hard money donations are at the $2500 limit. Soft money contributions to the party and PAC influence aren't limited.

The net effect is policies which benefit the < .5% and don't do much to offend the voters. The wealthy are kept happy with favorable capital gains rates, while 47% of American workers are left content with a zero or negative income tax rate.

We get "reforms" that look nice for the people but primarily benefit key industries. In the health care arena the Republicans brought us Medicare Part D running up a 1T tab over 10 years to buy expensive drugs from for-profit manufacturers. The Democrats' 1T Obamacare program is to boost insurance company profits by requiring people to buy their product, providing government subsidies where that's less practical, and continuing to insure the least profitable directly. Real reform would be extending Medicare with the government using tax dollars to pay for health care instead of the government using tax dollars to pay insurance companies to pay for health care with profits skimmed off the top.

Big differences between Republicans and Democrats are more about talk than voting records on bills that won't be vetoed. Opposition is more for its own sake than real ideological squabbles. Compare treatment of the Republicans desire to lower capital gains rates to Obama's proposal to eliminate capital gains taxes on certain venture capital investments.

He fooled me once... and no further rePUBIClowns have done so. He showed his lying ass all too soon.. balanced budget my ass... smaller government my ass... negotiating with terrorists.... yeah... that worked out so well too...kissing the ass of the military industrial complex... he did an exemplary job of that as well.. as so many here on the right like to pucker up for so nicely like the little 5 dollar TRICKLE whores they are.

Did you catch the news item when Osama was killed, where some old line Reaganites were claiming some of Reagan's past actions had a hand in bringing him down - when in actuality Reagan funded their very becoming.

To be fair, U.S. involvement began in 1979 under Carter. It amounted to small scale covert operations to assist the mujahideen's opposition to the Soviets.

Under Reagan the funnel of cash and the arming of the mujahideen began with the assistance of Charlie Wilson (D), and Michael Vickers (CIA). The arming of jihad fighters was known as 'Operation Cyclone'.
Reagan, affectionately, referred to the jihad fighters as "Freedom Fighter". They were anything but.

The 'Reagan Doctrine' is responsible for arming and training rebels in several countries.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

To be fair, U.S. involvement began in 1979 under Carter. It amounted to small scale covert operations to assist the mujahideen's opposition to the Soviets.

Under Reagan the funnel of cash and the arming of the mujahideen began with the assistance of Charlie Wilson (D), and Michael Vickers (CIA). The arming of jihad fighters was known as 'Operation Cyclone'.
Reagan, affectionately, referred to the jihad fighters as "Freedom Fighter". They were anything but.

The 'Reagan Doctrine' is responsible for arming and training rebels in several countries.

And ilegal too. Does Iran-Contra come to mind???

Can't kill what wasn't created. So of course his actions had a hand in it! The logic is unescapable.

He fooled me once... and no further rePUBIClowns have done so. He showed his lying ass all too soon.. balanced budget my ass... smaller government my ass... negotiating with terrorists.... yeah... that worked out so well too...kissing the ass of the military industrial complex... he did an exemplary job of that as well.. as so many here on the right like to pucker up for so nicely like the little 5 dollar TRICKLE whores they are.

So you are allowed to have been fooled but no one else is allowed to be fooled? You got yours now ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

So you are allowed to have been fooled but no one else is allowed to be fooled? You got yours now ...

Yup.... and all of you waiting for your TRICKLE... the joke is on YOU.... because you keep voting for those who are obliged to give everything to their lords and masters... It must suck to be amoung those who are fooled all of the time.. as GW pointed out:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Yup.... and all of you waiting for your TRICKLE... the joke is on YOU.... because you keep voting for those who are obliged to give everything to their lords and masters... It must suck to be amoung those who are fooled all of the time.. as GW pointed out:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Who are you referring to? We've gone over who I've voted for, it's not who you keep thinking I voted for. How does it feel to have started it and not stopped it. You got yours now ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch