Amazon

The Middle Class Should Be Furious, Another Millionaire Says

Lame and SAD... very very SAD.

Yes, but we keep hoping you'll improve.

I really do see why Texas ranks where it does in the US in HS graduates or higher with the stellar show that Texican posters here put on daily with the exception of Wendy and Chuck and John Mitchell.

Yup, Texas is slightly below the national average for HS grads according to nationmaster. I also note that they don't break out migrant workers or illegals - wonder how much those two demographics would skew the results?

ACT has 24% of Texas students meeting benchmarks for the 4 tested subjects vs. 25% nationwide.

It seems all those conservative values are failing.... no wonder they want to drag everyone else down...

Chicago graduates 56%. Maybe Arne should've bussed those kids to Texas for school instead of to the stadium for the political rally.

Chicago isn't a state.

Nope, it's not - but Arne was in charge of Chicago schools before he was picked for SecEd, so it's a fair comparison of relative performance.

Just like Washington DC isn't a state.

The District of Columbia is analogous to a state. That's why the Feds group it with the state in their stats that you whine about so much. It's why people living there have DC licenses instead of MD licenses. It's why Eleanor Norton Holmes is (D-DC) and not (D-MD).

Did you learn Civics in Texas by any chance?

Did you learn civics in Chicago, by any chance?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The District of Columbia is analogous to a state.

A district cannot be argumentatively compared to a state.

Perhaps that was the way it was taught in Texican schools:ph34r:

Seems to be a lot of cognitive dissonance down that way[:/]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am, eagerly, awaiting another Mike Neal one line, condescending, rhetorical zingers. They are priceless gems in their own regards.
Don't disappoint us Mike.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am, eagerly, awaiting another Mike Neal one line, condescending, rhetorical zingers. They are priceless gems in their own regards.
Don't disappoint us Mike.

Rebut what you've already been given, first, instead of running from it.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Rebut what you've already been given, first, instead of running from it.

If you are capable of doing, please point out what I am to rebut. So far, I've yet to see your argument.
Neil Young

Uh... you must live in fantasy land.... after all the loopholes and writeoffs... nope.. they dont pay that much.

I just proved to you a wage earner making $180k/yr pays more in taxes than a wage earner making $20k/yr. That's actually a fact. So when you said "Those who got the most paying the least percentage wise" - you we're wrong. Unless you think $180,000/yr is piss money.

Uh... you must live in fantasy land.... after all the loopholes and writeoffs... nope.. they dont pay that much.

I just proved to you a wage earner making $180k/yr pays more in taxes than a wage earner making $20k/yr. That's actually a fact. So when you said "Those who got the most paying the least percentage wise" - you we're wrong. Unless you think $180,000/yr is piss money.

You might think that qualifies as rich.. I for one do not.. and many who earn MANY times that amount.. pay less as a percentage...

Some of them have figured out... THAT.... is a bad thing for the country... those who subscribe to the "Let zem eat cake".....well that did not turn out so good for them after July 14th... want to have a repeat of that???

Some people like America as a civilized place to live and work. Others seem bent on making it a far different place. Its up to Americans to choose.

You might think that qualifies as rich.. I for one do not

Then we have nothing to argue over : )

It seriously bugs me when people throw around the "rich pay less" lie. So if you want to make that generalization please be specific with examples.

Tax fraud also exists in the middle class. There are plenty of people who list their pets as dependents. That is breaking the law but I guess it's OK because they're not the 'super rich'

Hatred for the rich is a disease I'm glad I don't have.

Hey they are rich... we should all be doing as the right wing does and worship them as they deserve. They are all special and deserve everything they can take in life.

I see your point. We should all be doing as the left wing does and demonize them as they deserve. They are all evil and wicked, and don't deserve anything.

And speaking of rose colored glasses, it must be nice to live in a world where you think taxing (even at 100%) would solve anything.

I always find it amusing when a rich person who owns a rather large boat and owns an even larger truck to tow their boat and has a maid to clean their house because they are too busy enjoying the finer things in life like using their big boat, whines about other people who tend to be even richer than the rich person who does all the whining. It's not like this is a poor person who is just barely making ends meet who is whining about rich people. Poor people don't own big boats, even bigger trucks and poor people sure can not afford a maid. Only rich people can do all of that.

BTW I could careless how much money or how many toys someone else has. I just find it funny when rich people whine about other rich people. :ph34r:

When poor people whine about tax breaks for rich people and rich people whine about high taxes & welfare, both sides are simply being selfish. When you hear people, rich or poor, arguing in favor of something that will hurt them personally? That's a lot more credible.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

from those who got the most.. while paying the least percentage wise.

From IRS:
Taxable Income Tax
$0 – $8,50 10% of taxable income
$8,500 – $34,50 $850 plus 15% of excess over $8,500
$34,500 – $83,600 $4,750 plus 25% of excess over $34,500
$83,600 – $174,400 $17,025 plus 28% of excess over $83,600
$174,400 – $379,150 $42,449 plus 33% of excess over $174,400
$379,150+ $110,016.50 plus 35% of excess over $379,150

You see? I just corrected your false statement. People who make more are taxed at a higher percentage.

And no - I don't look for any trickle. I don't go through life looking for tits to suck on from someone who has more than me ;)

The devil is in the details, I've highlighted the error in your assertion.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Tell it to the FBI and the DMV.

Must be why there are more than 50 stars on the flags outside the FBI HQ.
Clicky

Oh wait, you are simply full of it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Must be why there are more than 50 stars on the flags outside the FBI HQ.

No, it's why they group DC in with the States in their reports that you continue to whine about.

Oh wait, you are simply full of it.

Guess the DC DMV is, too.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If you are capable of doing, please point out what I am to rebut. So far, I've yet to see your argument.

I believe his argument on this point to boil down to:

The DMV did it first.

Only to idiots - rational people realize that DC is treated similarly to States for many purposes.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

seems hard to compare statistics in Wyoming to California or Texas either, but what else can you do? It's not really states that are being compared, but educational organizations. One could aggregate school districts into averages, or segment by where the budget comes from, which would generally be the state level, plus DC.

Per Amazon's provided link, Texas has the lower percentage of high school grads among the 51 entities (for the pedantic out there) in the country. Not surprising given the number of immigrants (illegal or not) coming over the border. California is also low, and the other border states New Mexico and Arizona are just a bit higher.

Note that this isn't the percentage that complete high school there, but rather has earned a diploma somewhere. And if you raise the bar to a Bachelor's degree, Texas moves up to 26th, the median placement. A clear indication that the initiation assertion was a bit of a canard.

The assessment of the Texas school system would need to come from its graduation rate. And if Chicago, which is already 20% of IL, is doing a poor 56% as claimed, seems like fair counter evidence. I know California overall has poor numbers here as well - in the 70s. Seems like a real problem for us in the future when a quarter of our population isn't educated well enough to do anything other than service sector jobs. Perhaps good employment prospects for the rest of us.

seems hard to compare statistics in Wyoming to California or Texas either, but what else can you do? It's not really states that are being compared, but educational organizations. One could aggregate school districts into averages, or segment by where the budget comes from, which would generally be the state level, plus DC.

Per Amazon's provided link, Texas has the lower percentage of high school grads among the 51 entities (for the pedantic out there) in the country. Not surprising given the number of immigrants (illegal or not) coming over the border. California is also low, and the other border states New Mexico and Arizona are just a bit higher.

Note that this isn't the percentage that complete high school there, but rather has earned a diploma somewhere. And if you raise the bar to a Bachelor's degree, Texas moves up to 26th, the median placement. A clear indication that the initiation assertion was a bit of a canard.

The assessment of the Texas school system would need to come from its graduation rate. And if Chicago, which is already 20% of IL, is doing a poor 56% as claimed, seems like fair counter evidence. I know California overall has poor numbers here as well - in the 70s. Seems like a real problem for us in the future when a quarter of our population isn't educated well enough to do anything other than service sector jobs. Perhaps good employment prospects for the rest of us.

That is why I keep harping on living in a country that is civilized in my old age:)... but it is certainly not my preference!!

Other posters seem to not give a shit about how many stupid fucks they live amoungst.

Well now, if a license plate is the qualification to consider an area to be a State, let's add Puerto Rico, American Virgin Islands, The Northern Mariana Islands, and Guam. Those areas are closer to being a State than D.C..
The District of Columbia is widely considered to be a city and not a State. D.C. does not have a governor, but a mayor. D.C. only has a non-voting representative in the house, but does not have a Senator. They do have two "shadow senators" who do lobby for statehood, Paul Strauss and Michael Brown http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2684419/posts. Residents of D.C. can only vote in the Presidential election, since 1961.
To say that D.C. is similar to a State is to say that a giraffe is similar to a dog. Both analogy could not be more wrong. Although, a giraffe would be closer in comparison to a dog than D.C. to a State.
Neil Young

The assessment of the Texas school system would need to come from its graduation rate. And if Chicago, which is already 20% of IL, is doing a poor 56% as claimed, seems like fair counter evidence.

Someone else trying to compare a city with an entire state. Compare apples with apples, and since you are blaming immigration, Chicago has more immigrants than Dallas/Fort Worth or Houston.

I've highlighted the error in your assertion.

What is my error? I'm just copying the IRS website.. Do they have something wrong on their website??

I'm sure their data are accurate. Your interpretation "People who make more are taxed at a higher percentage." assumes that making more leads to higher taxable income, which is not necessarily true at all.