Gravitymaster

John Lennon was a Republican

You know...I haven't read this crap. This is usually the time I go to the bonfire and rock out with some tunes, but since I got banned I have no choice but to post the best rock out John Lennon song here...in the SC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjWebKavfuI

*edit*
No...actually...this was his best tune...that bastard:
Mind Games:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dHUfy_YBps
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Funny how some people have problems with image vs reality.
Funny how some people think that one must follow the other.

Yup!

Chuck

I would like people to remember that someone who might have been a republican in the 1979 to 1980 time frame would no longer recognize the GOP of today. People like Barry Goldwater or Ronald Reagan even would no longer pass the purity tests needed to be accepted as a candidate by those who pull the strings. All you need for proof is those who call Republicans like Senator Snowe a RINO.[:/][:/]

Yup!

Chuck

I would like people to remember that someone who might have been a republican in the 1979 to 1980 time frame would no longer recognize the GOP of today. People like Barry Goldwater or Ronald Reagan even would no longer pass the purity tests needed to be accepted as a candidate by those who pull the strings. All you need for proof is those who call Republicans like Senator Snowe a RINO.[:/][:/]

Who cares...Lennon was one deceptive asshole anyway...I'm jelous.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Yup!

Chuck

Who cares...Lennon was one deceptive asshole anyway...I'm jelous.

You want a deceptive asshole????????:o:o:o

This is just a followup revelation to your other thread isn't it:ph34r::ph34r:

Yup!

Chuck

To me, a politician is a politician and no matter which label they slap on themselves... they're all alike.

Chuck

To me, a politician is a politician and no matter which label they slap on themselves... they're all alike.

This is (and always has been) a very popular saying in society. Yet I almost never hear any citizen of a democratic republic argue that we should give up the practice of choosing governmental officials by means of citizens exercising their right to participate and vote in a popular election.

Which begs the question: if the task of lawmaking and policy governance should not be performed by officials chosen by popular elections in a political process, then WHO, INSTEAD, SHOULD GOVERN - AND HOW SHOULD THOSE GOVERNING ATTAIN THEIR OFFICE?

This is (and always has been) a very popular saying in society. Yet I almost never hear any citizen of a democratic republic argue that we should give up the practice of choosing governmental officials by means of citizens exercising their right to participate and vote in a popular election.

Which begs the question: if the task of lawmaking and policy governance should not be performed by officials chosen by popular elections in a political process, then WHO, INSTEAD, SHOULD GOVERN - AND HOW SHOULD THOSE GOVERNING ATTAIN THEIR OFFICE?

He who has the GOLD gets to make the RULES... they are the ones who are deciding our elections. The bought and paid for rePUBIClown far right Supreme Court just made sure of those RULES for Corporations and rich individuals for generations of them to come.

But it seems the fringe right Tea Baggers are too fucking stupid to realize where the money is coming from for all those patriotic sounding "foundations".

Legislators should be selected by lottery amongst the electorate.

Anyone who has passed the bar should be barred from office outside the Judicial Branch (whoever practices the law shall not write one - conflict of interest).

Legislators should be obligated to serve one and only one term, and to return to ordinary citizen status thereafter. No special medical or retirement benefits.

I do not claim that this is a "solution," but that it could hardly be worse than what we now have.

BSBD,

Winsor

I have nothing against the way we choose our elected officials it's the calibre of those running for and in office I have a problem with.

Chuck

Legislators should be selected by lottery amongst the electorate.

Anyone who has passed the bar should be barred from office outside the Judicial Branch (whoever practices the law shall not write one - conflict of interest).

Legislators should be obligated to serve one and only one term, and to return to ordinary citizen status thereafter. No special medical or retirement benefits.

I do not claim that this is a "solution," but that it could hardly be worse than what we now have.

BSBD,

Winsor

Arthur C. Clarke came to the same conclusion. In at least one of his books, the argument was made that anyone who is willing to put up with the crap needed to get elected should automatically be disqualified. And as long as you weed out the criminals and the stupids, a lottery was the most efficient way.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Strange woman standing in a pond distributin' swords in a farcical aquatic ceremony.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

>You left out moron.

"Get a brain morans!"

Well, they sorta did. They got a morans brain.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

AND, as Andy908 said it's been that way since, like, forever.

American History...
Columbus the great discoverer?
Thomas Jefferson the great patriot?

BS

See Amazon's post. It's now, and forever has been, about the money and who has it and what it takes to keep it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

>You left out moron.

"Get a brain morans!"

Well, they sorta did. They got a morans brain.

Wasn't that Abbie Normal's brain they got?

American History...

BS

See Amazon's post. It's now, and forever has been, about the money and who has it and what it takes to keep it.

That's right!

Chuck

American History...

BS

Speaking of Jefferson....

"if we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.' - Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Cooper, 29 November 1802
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

(that was from masterrig)

Take a look at Lincoln..

"Let us discard all this quibbling about this man and the other man, this race and that race and the other race being inferior, and therefore they must be placed in an inferior position. Let us discard all these things and unite as one people throughout this land, until we shall once more stand up declaring that all men are created equal."
-Abe Lincoln, July 1858 campaign speech for Illinois senate,

Followed up later with...

"I will say, then, that I am not, nor have I ever been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality or the white and black races; that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, not of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people...
...and inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."
-Abe Lincoln, September 1858 campaign speech for Illinois senate,

(cite: Howard Zinn, A Peoples History of the United States New York, Harper Collins, 2005)

politicians...gotta love 'em.

(that was from masterrig)

Take a look at Lincoln..

"Let us discard all this quibbling about this man and the other man, this race and that race and the other race being inferior, and therefore they must be placed in an inferior position. Let us discard all these things and unite as one people throughout this land, until we shall once more stand up declaring that all men are created equal."
-Abe Lincoln, July 1858 campaign speech for Illinois senate,

Followed up later with...

"I will say, then, that I am not, nor have I ever been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality or the white and black races; that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, not of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people...
...and inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."
-Abe Lincoln, September 1858 campaign speech for Illinois senate,

(cite: Howard Zinn, A Peoples History of the United States New York, Harper Collins, 2005)

politicians...gotta love 'em.

Oh, yeah! They'll say anything, do anything or whatever it takes to get the job they seek. I'm sure, Lincoln was just agreeing with popular sentiment, at the time. Politicians are still doing that today. I really have to laugh when get intense in their 'politickin' and start saying things that offend women or certain groups and start showing who they really are. One of my all-time favorites, here in Texas, was Clayton Williams when he was running for governor. With one statement, he totally destroyed his chances. :D

Chuck