Coreece

Homosexuality

What if you are like me and just don't care?
It's not like they prefer skinny girls over plump girls...see that get's you non stop bashing!
So who cares?
I for one love my gay friends!
They are good people, who care, well educated and best of all they have really cute girl friends!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It's about procreation, social convention and Biblical proscription. The conclusion from these variables seems logical.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Yes, yes it is.

You have stated your opinion, I feel you should be willing to state how it makes any sense.

If you're not willing to defend your statement with logic and rational thought, or back it up with any thinking what's so ever apart from what you believe you should say as a Christian, that's fine too..

Just don't expect posts that hold no validity to be taken seriously.

Basically what you've shown is that you said something because you felt you should, and yet you have no way to back up why you believe that outside of the reasons why you want to believe it to be so.

If you want to insult people, at least make sure you can finish up the insult with reason to your conclusion.

If you want to insult people, at least make sure you can finish up the insult with reason to your conclusion.

I have not addressed anyone specific. I have answered in generalities. If you feel insulted, that's on you.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What if you are like me and just don't care?
It's not like they prefer skinny girls over plump girls...see that get's you non stop bashing!
So who cares?
I for one love my gay friends!
They are good people, who care, well educated and best of all they have really cute girl friends!

I'd never argue that one has a choice over who they're attracted to, gender, race, hair colour, size.

I think what gets you grief from people isn't the fact that you prefer skinny girls. It's that most of the time you're bringing down the big girls while you state your opinion and the fact that you seem to state it a lot. I haven't seen many threads by gay dudes saying that girls suck and they long for some good old cock!

At least that's my assumption as to why you get bashed by people.

An insult doesn't need to be directed at anyone in particular to expect a logical reason why such an insult was made.

If I were to negatively address anyone, or their beliefs - even in a generalization. I'd like to think that I'd follow it up with exactly why I feel that way and bring evidence supporting my claim.

It's what separates intelligent discussions from random uneducated opinions

I offered a general statement in support of the OP. You want to make it a personal argument. I am not going to play your game.

It's about procreation, social convention and Biblical proscription. The conclusion from these variables seems logical.

Sexual attraction rarely results from conscious use of logic.

At least Coreece has admitted to being bisexual*, that's why he thinks it's a choice (of course, he's wrong to believe that his sexuality applies to everyone else).

So what about you? Without the biblical proscription, could you imagine willingly having sex with another man? Is it something that matches your personal 'feel good principle'?

* Although i've got to wonder just how much sex, straight or gay, he was having before he was old enough to learn about human reproduction. Is that normal? Maybe he was brought up in one of those cults or something.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You offered a response to OP in support. I offered a rebuttal which included a hypothetical thought process to confirm my statement in a way that was easier for to understand.

You failed to respond to my rebuttal. Which is of course your choice, but it shows that I put you in a position where you were unable to address my questions and thus unable to support your original claim with anything other than personal opinion.

At no stage was this about you, the whole process of putting you in a thought process whereby you were asked to decide between the two scenarios was merely to back up my point.

The fact that you were unable to reply to it is a good thing, it shows you understood and saw the point I was getting across.

There's no desire for argument, just a discussion that is based off more than personal opinion.

Let me begin by stating that I disagree with the derogatory nature of this thread. I have had friends who are homosexual and hold no misgivings toward them because of their sexual preference. I disagree with their lifestyle and think it's wrong biblically, morally, and even biologically, however, that is their choice. I still like them as people. In a self-righteous sense, it is not our place to judge. We all have our own demons to deal with. That’s not to say that God’s standard doesn’t still hold true. It is not self-righteous judgment to convey God’s standard of right and wrong and the consequences for our actions.

I think the predisposition for homosexuality can be biological, environmental, or both (e.g. "born that way", learned behavior, or both). I believe the fall of man in the beginning and the entry of sin into the world was so profound that it affected every aspect of life. With regard to our thoughts, in our natural state, our motives have been radically flawed. Our thoughts and actions are no longer perfectly oriented toward God and are now focused on our own selfish desires. Our physical chemistry is also flawed and imperfect and can affect our sexual orientation. However, his flawed nature affects everything and not just in the area of sex and relationships. This departure from God’s original intent in sex and relationship is but one sin that will have to be accounted for. It is really no different from every other transgression of God’s moral law.

I disagree with their lifestyle and think it's wrong biblically, morally, and even biologically, however, that is their choice.

Oh dear god the "lifestyle" argument. What is it about my lifestyle that you disagree with?

Do I get to work too late every day?

Do I lane change without signalling?

Is it that I lick my fingers when I'm sharing a bowl of popcorn with another person?

Do you not care for my choice to wear jeans and t-shirts a lot?

Do you think I should date more often?

WTF is it?
Owned by Remi #?

I disagree with their lifestyle and think it's wrong biblically, morally, and even biologically, however, that is their choice.

Oh dear god the "lifestyle" argument. What is it about my lifestyle that you disagree with?

Do I get to work too late every day?

Do I lane change without signalling?

Is it that I lick my fingers when I'm sharing a bowl of popcorn with another person?

Do you not care for my choice to wear jeans and t-shirts a lot?

Do you think I should date more often?

WTF is it?

I thought we were talking about sexual preference/lifestyle...and that my opinion wasn't personal?

You seem to believe that homosexual inclinations arrived because of mankind's sinfulness and their choice to turn away from God. Then how can you explain the fact that homosexuality also exists among animals? They don't make moral choices, they are just as God made them. And yet some of them are homosexual.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

You seem to believe that homosexual inclinations arrived because of mankind's sinfulness and their choice to turn away from God. Then how can you explain the fact that homosexuality also exists among animals? They don't make moral choices, they are just as God made them. And yet some of them are homosexual.

From a purely academic side, nature does all sorts of things we find to be abhorrent, wrong, etc. Simply appealing to "well it happens in nature" is a weak argument.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

From a purely academic side, nature does all sorts of things we find to be abhorrent, wrong, etc.

Who is this "we" you refer to?

That which happens in nature, happens in nature. I may not like the outcome, but I can certainly acknowledge that genetic mutations occur, winds blow down houses, floods kill animals, fire burn, and animal kill each other. I don't find any of those things "wrong" or "abhorrent". They are simply nature.
Owned by Remi #?

>From a purely academic side, nature does all sorts of things we find to be abhorrent,
>wrong, etc. Simply appealing to "well it happens in nature" is a weak argument.

It is an excellent response to the argument "it's not natural."

Sin affected all of creation. Nothing exists currently "just as God made" it.

>From a purely academic side, nature does all sorts of things we find to be abhorrent,
>wrong, etc. Simply appealing to "well it happens in nature" is a weak argument.

It is an excellent response to the argument "it's not natural."

Yes, and equally valid on both sides whether the argument is homosexuality or e.g. "natural substances vs. medications." Just because rattlesnake venom and poison ivy are natural doesn't mean they are good for you. Willow bark, however, has many great properties.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Sin affected all of creation. Nothing exists currently "just as God made" it.

So animals can sin?
Speed Racer

How the hell does that work? A human makes a decision to ignore God's commands. OK. Then by what means does that internal decision cause other animals in the area to start craving sex with their same gender?

Edited to add: That would mean there was no homosexual activity going on among animals in the millions of years before humans showed up.
Speed Racer

>That would mean there was no homosexual activity going on among animals in the
>millions of years before humans showed up.

There were no millions of years before humans showed up! The earth was created 6000 years ago, and man was created either days or hours after animals were (Genesis 1) or just before (Genesis 2.) I mean, come on.