JohnRich

Mugshot of the Day

It's not coming up for me, but does he post only convicted offenders, or accused also?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's not coming up for me, but does he post only convicted offenders, or accused also?

Wendy P.

And I quote:
"Mugshots reflect bookings within the last 3 days. Individuals booked prior to that time will not be displayed.
PRE-TRIAL INMATES ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!"

ETA: screen shot

Wendy P.

And I quote:
"Mugshots reflect bookings within the last 3 days. Individuals booked prior to that time will not be displayed.

He also, on the same page, has a big poll where people can vote for the "Mugshot of the Day." Each mugshot has a vote-tally next to it.

Way to stay classy, Joe.

Way to stay classy, Joe.

Don't want your pic shown, don't get booked.

Don't like sleeping in a tent outside in the Arizona heat wearing pink clothing and eating baloney sammiches ...don't break the law. B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Way to stay classy, Joe.

Don't like sleeping in a tent outside in the Arizona heat wearing pink clothing and eating baloney sammiches ...don't break the law get caught. B|

FIFY

Way to stay classy, Joe.

Don't like sleeping in a tent outside in the Arizona heat wearing pink clothing and eating baloney sammiches ...don't break the law get caught. B|

FIFY

:D:D

It's interesting looking at the mugshots from different categories of offenders. For example, switch around from sex offenders, to deadbeat dads, to DUI's, to drug offenses. And some of those deadbeat dads owe over a million bucks! Which seems kind of weird, because that would require a missed monthly child support payment of $4,600 for an entire 18 years. I can see a deadbeat dad never making a payment, but wouldn't $4,600 for 18 years be a bit high?

Re: "Way to stay classy, Joe."

Do you think that mugshots of arrestees should not be made public?

Which seems kind of weird, because that would require a missed monthly child support payment of $4,600 for an entire 18 years. I can see a deadbeat dad never making a payment, but wouldn't $4,600 for 18 years be a bit high?

Assuming there's penalties and interest thrown in there ... even a modest payment could balloon over time.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Way to stay classy, Joe.

Don't like sleeping in a tent outside in the Arizona heat wearing pink clothing and eating baloney sammiches ...don't break the law. B|

...after all, it's JAIL! It ain't Club Med, for cryin' out loud. ;)

Chuck

Or slept through it! Personally, I like what Sheriff Arpaio is doing. I think, he's got the right idea.

Chuck

Sure.
If you like megalomaniacs who think they are above the law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Controversies
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Or slept through it! Personally, I like what Sheriff Arpaio is doing. I think, he's got the right idea.

Chuck

Sure.
If you like megalomaniacs who think they are above the law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Controversies

But...being and elected position, more people must like him than not. Then again, convicted felons can't vote! :P

Nope! Don't like megalomaniacs. If, Arpaio wasn't doing his job and doing it right, after what, three terms... someone would've said something by now. Just a buncha whining 'convict huggers'.:D

Chuck

What does "hugging convicts" have to do with refusing to cooperate with the DOJ, and trying to bogusly press charges against the Board of Supervisors, judges, and attorneys.

Did you read this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Feud_with_Maricopa_County_Board_of_Supervisors_and_Maricopa_Superior_Court
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Given the MANTRA of your judicial system is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN guilty, yes I think they should not be shown.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Nope! Don't like megalomaniacs. If, Arpaio wasn't doing his job and doing it right, after what, three terms... someone would've said something by now. Just a buncha whining 'convict huggers'.:D

Chuck

What does "hugging convicts" have to do with refusing to cooperate with the DOJ, and trying to bogusly press charges against the Board of Supervisors, judges, and attorneys.

Did you read this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Feud_with_Maricopa_County_Board_of_Supervisors_and_Maricopa_Superior_Court

I see, what you're saying.

Chuck

Given the MANTRA of your judicial system is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN guilty, yes I think they should not be shown.

Doesn't SAY that they are guilty...just that they have been arrested.

Doesn't SAY that they are guilty...just that they have been arrested.
yeah and people do not treat those different based purely on an accusation. :S Jobs, reputations, social standing in the community, are all on the line with Jackarse behaviour like this.
Being accused of something is not reason enough for public humiliation.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona publicly posts all mug shots of his detainees on his web site, categorized by the type of crime they've committed. Now you can vote on your favorite mug shot of these hapless people.

Check it out, here: http://mcso.org/Mugshot/Default.aspx

This how we do it in the Tampa Bay Area.

http://mugshots.tampabay.com/

Each county, or most of the counties, in FL has a separate page as well. The DOC has a page for all convicted felons.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Wendy P.

And I quote:

ETA: screen shot

good smile on Carl there. And I sure hope the one on the right really didn't commit indecent exposure.

(and yes, this sort of shaming of suspects is pretty unAmerican)