likearock

How much responsibility does Terry Jones have for the massacre in Afghanistan

During the run-up to the war in Iraq the executive branch was doing a lot of arm-twisting and selective information sharing. That information formed the basis for much of Congress going along with the decision to go to war.

You could make a case for Congress being too easy to lead by the executive branch, but I seem to recall quite a bit of traitor-calling of members of congress who disagreed with the decision to go to war.

And the information was cherry-picked. It was packaged to make a case, rather than to provide information for people to make a decision. There's a HUGE difference.

Kind of like the difference between honest science and proving things.

Wendy P.

Sooo...How much responsibility does Terry Jones have for the massacre in Afghanistan?

During the run-up to the war in Iraq the executive branch was doing a lot of arm-twisting and selective information sharing. That information formed the basis for much of Congress going along with the decision to go to war.

You could make a case for Congress being too easy to lead by the executive branch, but I seem to recall quite a bit of traitor-calling of members of congress who disagreed with the decision to go to war.

And the information was cherry-picked. It was packaged to make a case, rather than to provide information for people to make a decision. There's a HUGE difference.

Wendy P.

Sooo...How much responsibility does Terry Jones have for the massacre in Afghanistan?

See post #8 ;)

Wendy P.

See post #8 ;)

Haha. Yeah thanks, I'll open my eyes next time.

Again, you're defending the message "Give up your freedom or we will kill you." What's next, "Force your women to wear Burqua's or we will kill you?" "Stone your daughters if they sleep with a man or we will kill you?"

Show me where I have defended this so-called message.
You know damn well that Islamic law will never be forced upon us. Your argument is pointless.

I am all for our 1st amendment, but at some some point I believe that the harm principle of hate speech should apply when lives are at stake.

Sorry, how about fuck you Omar, we'll do what we want and if you harm one American for it we'll incinerate you.

Sounding like a true radical American.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Again, you're defending the message "Give up your freedom or we will kill you." What's next, "Force your women to wear Burqua's or we will kill you?" "Stone your daughters if they sleep with a man or we will kill you?"

Show me where I have defended this so-called message.
You know damn well that Islamic law will never be forced upon us. Your argument is pointless.

If you think the Pastor is responsible for the riot and should be punished, FOR DOING SOMETHING PROTECTED BY THE 1st AMENDMENT, you're defending this message.

I am all for our 1st amendment, but at some some point I believe that the harm principle of hate speech should apply when lives are at stake.

You're all for the first amendment...until it offends Muslims. Do you think it should be illegal to draw an offensive cartoon of Allah? Would that cartoonist be responsible for riots in Afghanistan? What other rights are you willing to give away?

Sorry, how about fuck you Omar, we'll do what we want and if you harm one American for it we'll incinerate you.

Sounding like a true radical American.

I am a true radical American. Thank you.

Wendy P.

The arm twisting I will agree with

The rest is just the lefty narative
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You know what is really interesting Wendy

Now that the Obama admin will not use US courts for those held in GITMO, Obama has for the most part adopted or kept all of the major Bush positions

From Gitmo, to trials, the wars, the patriot act, and the list goes on

Where is the left outrage and media coverage of all of this??

Isnt any as a Dem is in office
Abraham Lincoln

Where are all the right celebrations and kudos for Obama?

Isnt any as they hate everything he does, no matter what.

BTW, do we really have to do the whole, "Where are the news stories," "why haven't all posters who ever supported Obama made new threads about how much they hate him," "," thing again?

- Dan G

BTW, do we really have to do the whole, "Where are the news stories," "why haven't all posters who ever supported Obama made new threads about how much they hate him," "," thing again?

:D

You cant even defend this can you?:D:D

Cause it cant be

and of course disagreeing with Obama is hate:S

You taking lessons from billvon now?
Abraham Lincoln

You cant even defend this can you?

I didn't try to defend it. I disagree with it vehemently. Of course, you probably won't accept the fact that the main reason the trials won't be in the US is because of the cowardly hue and cry from the right about having scary bad men on our soil.

Cause it cant be

See above. Both sides are to blame.

and of course disagreeing with Obama is hate

Just like you think agreeing with him is worship.

You taking lessons from billvon now?

He gives lessons? Cool.

- Dan G

For breaking his promises? Why should we celebrate that?

Turn about is fair play, after 8 years of it in the reverse direction. Bush could have walked on water to save a child from drowning and all you would have heard on the news and from the Left (but I repeat myself) would have been "President Can't Swim".
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

On another note

Where are all those who vilified Bush over GITMO?
Where are all those who vilified Bush over the Patriot Act?
Where are all those who vilified Bush over going to war without congress? (and Bush had at least went to congress which is much more than Obama did over this current kinetic action)
Where are all those who vilified Bush over civilian vs. military (tribunals) trials of enemy combatants

Obama has kept and defended ALL the major Bush policies for which those like you castigated him
Yet if these are Obama policies YOUR crickets are all that is heard

The list goes on but you get the point

even though you will not admit it:D

Abraham Lincoln

even though you will not admit it

I and many others have admitted it repeatedly. It doesn't fit your worldview (the one where everyone who voted for Obama worships him and will follow him for eternity) so you don't want to hear it. For Christ's sake, I "admitted it" in the post you replied to.

- Dan G

I didn't try to defend it. I disagree with it vehemently. Of course, you probably won't accept the fact that the main reason the trials won't be in the US is because of the cowardly hue and cry from the right about having scary bad men on our soil.

“This is neither the time nor the bill to deal with this. Democrats under no circumstances will move forward without a comprehensive, responsible plan from the president. We will never allow terrorists to be released into the United States.” - Harry Reid

Whodathunk ole Dingy Harry was a rightie?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I and many others have admitted it repeatedly. It doesn't fit your worldview (the one where everyone who voted for Obama worships him and will follow him for eternity) so you don't want to hear it. For Christ's sake, I "admitted it" in the post you replied to.

Then let us here the same vitriol as when Bush was in office

Or is it different now?
It sure as hell is with the media
I expect no different from you and yours
Abraham Lincoln

“This is neither the time nor the bill to deal with this. Democrats under no circumstances will move forward without a comprehensive, responsible plan from the president. We will never allow terrorists to be released into the United States.” - Harry Reid

Whodathunk ole Dingy Harry was a rightie?

Oooo

that one left a mark
Abraham Lincoln

Where are all those who vilified Bush over going to war without congress? (and Bush had at least went to congress which is much more than Obama did over this current kinetic action)
Where are all those who vilified Bush over civilian vs. military (tribunals) trials of enemy combatants

Obama has kept and defended ALL the major Bush policies for which those like you castigated him

Sometimes when you start down a path you have closed the door behind you.

Sometimes when you start down a path you have closed the door behind you.

what ever trips the trigger
Abraham Lincoln

Or is it different now?

As I've replied to you before on essentially the same issue, I never posted vitriol about Bush just like I don't post it about Obama. I tend to save my vitriol for people who are actually reading what I'm writing.

As far as the media goes, how can you keep a straight face and claim that the media is not reporting Obama's decisions? Are you hearing about these things directly from Obama, or are you reading about them in the media? I heard about the latest decision regarding terrorism trials on NPR.

- Dan G

It would have left a mark if Reid were talking about trying detainees in New York. He was talking about closing Gitmo.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

:D:D

And that is different how?

:D:D
Abraham Lincoln

Why am I not surprized to learn that you don't understand the difference between closing Gitmo and holding civilian trials? From a man who claims to be well read on current events, you really have no clue.

- Dan G

Or is it different now?

As I've replied to you before on essentially the same issue, I never posted vitriol about Bush just like I don't post it about Obama. I tend to save my vitriol for people who are actually reading what I'm writing.

As far as the media goes, how can you keep a straight face and claim that the media is not reporting Obama's decisions? Are you hearing about these things directly from Obama, or are you reading about them in the media? I heard about the latest decision regarding terrorism trials on NPR.

You are reading more into what I am posting that what is actually posted

Of course they do a quick news clip about his decisions

but we are not getting the condemnations and exposes that were produced when a Republican was in office

I have not seen the vitriol from you I will admit

but you are the one that replied to me so on we go
Those who did (spout the vitriol) are out there

feeding the crickets
Abraham Lincoln

Why am I not surprized to learn that you don't understand the difference between closing Gitmo and holding civilian trials? From a man who claims to be well read on current events, you really have no clue.

So you are saying there was no relation?

Ok

if you say so

And I have claimed nothing so

thank you:)
Abraham Lincoln